+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for document already sent (OR application)

Ebarlowlayne

Apr 11, 2017
Hello, I'm not sure what to do. I applied for inland permanent residency in Canada back in July 2016. My canadian wife is sponsoring me. I just received an email stating that they request an additional document (police certification) and that I have 60 days to send them this document or they can refuse my application. I was 100 percent (now maybe 99 percent) that I sent it with the rest of my application. I'm from New York and to get another FBI certification it will take AT LEAST 80-90 days for me to get a new one sent to them. Can anyone help me please?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ebarlowlayne said:
Hello, I'm not sure what to do. I applied for inland permanent residency in Canada back in July 2016. My canadian wife is sponsoring me. I just received an email stating that they request an additional document (police certification) and that I have 60 days to send them this document or they can refuse my application. I was 100 percent (now maybe 99 percent) that I sent it with the rest of my application. I'm from New York and to get another FBI certification it will take AT LEAST 80-90 days for me to get a new one sent to them. Can anyone help me please?
The letter was a batch message sent to most applicants. It's a reminder message. It states, if you've already submitted it, disregard the message...

Douglovatt

Nov 23, 2016
Looks like hundreds of us got it.

I called today they acknowledge it's a bulk mail for anybody yet to send in these documents.

The advice was to ignore it if your sure you enclosed it (as it actually says in the letter)

Hope that helps.

Ebarlowlayne

Apr 11, 2017
Wow, thanks for that relieving update, I was just losing it.. So much time and money put into this application for them to just lose a document isn't too cool.. I'll call the governemnt tomorrow to get a confirmed answer.. but again, thank you. I might be able to sleep tonight now. :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
They did the same last year as well. They send these out to (what appears to be) applicants who don't have their criminality in progress yet. That way, they are sure to have PCC's on file when they are ready to review their criminality. If you did submit one, then don't worry.

We were caught up in one of these batches last year. We fell for it, and ordered a new PCC and submitted it. Only to find out about 3 months later that we didn't need to submit a new one. We were erring on the side of caution....

Reactions: mlei9569