+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for Additional Documents - Regarding my marriage after Medical recieved

nhixon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
gurgunpreet said:
i m confused with the timeline......some people say processing tym is 18 months and some says 20 months so its really putting me down ......
Its 12-13 months for CEC.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-ec.asp

nhixon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
gurgunpreet said:
how can i clear dat my file comes under economic class not pnp class
Well if you have selected Economic - Canadian Experience Class while filing your PR application, you would be under it. Else you need to ask for GCMS notes.

CEC2013RAY

Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Doc's Request.
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
Hi guys, I have a question. I sent an email with a few attachments to CIC regarding adding spouse to my CEC application. Today I got reply and they are asking me to resend the documents in one file and it has to be under 5MB in size.

So I tried a few software and it only came to 13MB with good quality. what should I do in this case? Can anybody suggest?

happy98

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2014
Doc's Request.
28-07-2015
Nomination.....
26-07-2014
AOR Received.
3-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
22-04-2015
Med's Request
3-10-2014
Med's Done....
4-10-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-08-2015
Hello Everybody

I Applied for PR under economic class in July 2014. My medical was done in October 2014. I got married in January 2015 back home, and came back to canada in Feburary. I sent all control documents and $550 receipt (March 2015) to CIC office in sydney to update my marital status. In April i got a request to pay my RPRF fee, I paid $980 (me and my spouse). I called CIC centre to confirm if My status was updated or not. Call centre agent told me that my application is in process as a single. She advise me to email CIC and send all documents again with explanation letter.
I sent all documents (April 2014) to CIC sydney again, and sent an email to sydney nova scotia to explain all my situation. I also emailed CIC ottawa a week ago. I didn't recieve any response from both emails yet. Could anyone please update me if i am doing everything right to update my marital status.

CEC2013RAY

Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Doc's Request.
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
happy98 said:
Hello Everybody

I Applied for PR under economic class in July 2014. My medical was done in October 2014. I got married in January 2015 back home, and came back to canada in Feburary. I sent all control documents and $550 receipt (March 2015) to CIC office in sydney to update my marital status. In April i got a request to pay my RPRF fee, I paid $980 (me and my spouse). I called CIC centre to confirm if My status was updated or not. Call centre agent told me that my application is in process as a single. She advise me to email CIC and send all documents again with explanation letter.
I sent all documents (April 2014) to CIC sydney again, and sent an email to sydney nova scotia to explain all my situation. I also emailed CIC ottawa a week ago. I didn't recieve any response from both emails yet. Could anyone please update me if i am doing everything right to update my marital status.
You should send documents directly to CPC-Ottawa. CIO is only responsible transferring the files to CPC-Ottawa. CPC-Ottawa will send you instructions on what to do next. I have sent last week and still no response yet.

ETguru

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Friends,

I am getting married next month and my PR application is still in process.Should i inform CIC on this before or let the marriage happen ?

I understand from various posts that it will delay my file processing as I am adding my spouse in between.Any idea how long will it take for them to finalize the case after the spouse addition.Is there any complication if I add in between ?

I have passed my medicals on 16th feb 2015 with ECAS update on 18th feb 2015 now waiting for PPR.Please guide me on this.

Thanks

CEC2013RAY

Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Doc's Request.
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
ETguru said:
Friends,

I am getting married next month and my PR application is still in process.Should i inform CIC on this before or let the marriage happen ?

I understand from various posts that it will delay my file processing as I am adding my spouse in between.Any idea how long will it take for them to finalize the case after the spouse addition.Is there any complication if I add in between ?

I have passed my medicals on 16th feb 2015 with ECAS update on 18th feb 2015 now waiting for PPR.Please guide me on this.

Thanks
Hi, I think the process will delay a few months and it varies from case to case.

Based on my understanding, it's best to inform CIC about your martial status change before your PR application finalizes if you want your wife to accompany you as PR. If you choose to inform after you finished the entire process, you will instead, sponsoring your wife, which may take 2 years to complete. In this sense, delaying a few moths is not too bad.

In terms of should you inform before marriage, I would suggest not to. Because you have to show the proof of your marriage such as marriage license, wedding photos etc, it's better to inform once you have these mandatory documents.

Hope my answer clarifies.

gurgunpreet

Feb 26, 2015
hey
yesterday i got email from delhi immigration regarding my wife remedical ....but my. wife's medical is not expired yet....1 month is left for the expiry so can i expect any good news regarding me nd my wife's PR.....actually processing time is of 18 mnths nd 6 mnths are left for the same so i am hoping for a good news....please let me know ur opinion ,tenx

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
Hi Guys,

Sorry to asking this question, may be people already asked here. Did not read whole 15 pages.

Just want to take opinion & experience of you guys. I am going to back home on vacations and I have planning also for marriage.

I am July Applicant After AOR did not got any response from CIC and seems like my file went for second review.

Is it good to get married and add my spouse in PR application or should I wait for my PR process to be done ? because I am on second review

Whats the good idea ?

Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

CEC2013RAY

Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Doc's Request.
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
cecpet said:
Hi Guys,

Sorry to asking this question, may be people already asked here. Did not read whole 15 pages.

Just want to take opinion & experience of you guys. I am going to back home on vacations and I have planning also for marriage.

I am July Applicant After AOR did not got any response from CIC and seems like my file went for second review.

Is it good to get married and add my spouse in PR application or should I wait for my PR process to be done ? because I am on second review

Whats the good idea ?

Please advise.

Thank you in advance.
You and your wife's PR application will be delayed a few months if you notify them about the marriage before your PR application finalizes. On the other hand, if you notify after you become PR, it will take 1 year to 2.5 years depending on where you apply for family sponsorship.

So I would recommend to inform CIC now.