+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Representative Cancellation

chow

Sep 23, 2008
Has any one cancelled representative service in the middle of the process?

Is "completed IMM5476 form" suffice to cancel the representative service and to update the application mailing address? Assuming the applications have current residential address.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FYI

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/representative.asp

Use of a representative

This form is for people who wish to appoint a representative (an immigration consultant, lawyer, friend, family member, etc.) who will conduct business with Citizenship and Immigration Canada on their behalf.

The form can also be used to cancel the appointment of a representative.

If you have not yet submitted your application, send this form along with your application to the office listed in your respective application kit.

If you have already submitted your application, send this form to the office where you submitted your original application.

chow

Sep 23, 2008
Thanks Bobby for your information. Could you please answer to the question below?
BobbyB said:
FYI

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/representative.asp

Use of a representative

This form is for people who wish to appoint a representative (an immigration consultant, lawyer, friend, family member, etc.) who will conduct business with Citizenship and Immigration Canada on their behalf.

The form can also be used to cancel the appointment of a representative.

If you have not yet submitted your application, send this form along with your application to the office listed in your respective application kit.

If you have already submitted your application, send this form to the office where you submitted your original application. Will CIC consider applicant's residential address for mailing all future communication?

C

cchabert

Will CIC consider applicant's residential address for mailing all future communication?

I'm 98% sure they will, they will send you over there your forms for medicals or other inquires

chow

Sep 23, 2008
cchabert said:
Will CIC consider applicant's residential address for mailing all future communication?

I'm 98% sure they will, they will send you over there your forms for medicals or other inquires
Thanks Chabert for your information.

PCHC

Star Member
Mar 18, 2008
Do send change of mailing address request along with cancelation representative form to CIC.

mouradb

Oct 18, 2011
hi,
Any luck or news with this matter you had with your representative? I'm having the same issue with mine.
I'm about to stop with them but I want to make sure that this wont affect my case.
I'm in process of immigration to Quebec so doing right now a Provincial step to get a CSQ before going to the Federal and I would like to know if they can do something if I stop with them now.
I'm waiting for the Interview in Paris in the next couple of days/weeks
let me know please

Kummy29

Aug 9, 2011
Iowa,USA
Visa Office......
Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2009
Doc's Request.
30-09-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
17-09-2010
IELTS Request
10-01-2010
File Transfer...
05-10-2011
Med's Request
23-02-2012
Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April-04,2012
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 13, 2012
LANDED..........
28-May,2012
Guys, I am having a similar issue. I am not quite happy with the way the immigration lawyer has represented me ! I am a little concerend that if in any case I cancel him, will if affect my case ?

Please share your thougths !

Purkoni

Feb 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
17-09-2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2011 to Seattle,WA
Med's Request
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
27-02-2012
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
My advise to all of you is to- DO NOT cancel your representative!
There are many reasons:
1.Visa officers will be more suspicious about your cases.
2.If you cancel your representative he can send some false information about you to your office.He still have your file number and everything.

I know one guy from Moscow here in Toronto, who has that kind of problem.He had cancel his representative and VO refused his application.