+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Report to immigration

Bnic

Oct 23, 2018
I claim for refugee 3 months ago and every week I have to go to check in to the immigration office, for how long do I have to continue doing this

joksuela

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
I'm curious, what exactly do you need to report to IRCC office?

Has your claim already been deemed eligible and you received the RPCD?

Bnic

Oct 23, 2018
I have to go every week and check in at the IRCC office.
Yes, I got my RPCD and also my work permit, but I have to continue doing the check in, my brother request refugee in Alberta and he doesn't have to do check in, I'm just wondering for how long I have to continue doing this, sometime is difficult leave work before IRCC office close

joksuela

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Can you explain a bit in detail what you mean by "check in"? I've never heard of any refugee claimant who does that!

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Can you explain a bit in detail what you mean by "check in"? I've never heard of any refugee claimant who does that!
Lots of claimants "check in." The person is talking about his "terms and conditions" of release, and the specific condition that he report somewhere or another to check in - or to reinforce and monitor his continued freedom in Canada. If you don't report, warrant for arrest for failing to comply with your Ts and Cs.

He can apply to alter his terms and conditions (Ts and Cs) so that it doesn't interfere with him working, for example. There isn't an actual application form, but instead your lawyer (or yourself) can make a request to change them, such as the frequency, means, or even the need to continue having to report.

You could provide a work schedule, for example, and then request new conditions that are more flexible or accommodating.