+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Report Illegal Immigrant

vash268

Feb 6, 2013
Amhara said:
Please tell my how I can report an illegal immigrant. This person is Filipina. It would not matter but it's not fair to those who have worked hard and paid a lot and have come here legally. I would like to remain anonymous when I report.

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
I read the whole thing in and out.

I am surprised how many people want to report someone for a reaaly selfish reasons. Lots of those folks are covering themselves up with "good citizen" farce. I am sorry, but I sure hope someone sees through this, because I do.

I am currently without status and have been ordered to be removed out of Canada. For years I have spent in Canada on legal status, I either studied like I was supposed to or did something with my life.

My family back home does not seek any support from me (so i hope those folks who are saying: "oh we gotta ship them because they are removing money to their relatives) can shove it.

I have been dating a wonderful woman for better part of 2 years and 4 months (shes canadian born,canadian citizen) and never once did it cross my mind to use her in selfish reasons.

I currently applied for both PRRA and Sponsorship application. I guess it would be good to add that given our relationship was totally genuine over the years we accumulated ton of proof, so there is some hope for me.

But heres what I want to say to ones, who say illegals are stealing and not contributing.

Number 1, even though I have worked illegally (and do admit to this crime), I have paid taxes (both GST and income) for eveery year I have worked. I havent done it for last year but I will present this in court, that I would like to.

Number 2, I am a bricklayer by trade and its a dying trade. I am ethnical italian which may be cliche(italian,construction lol). 95% of street/construction workers in our trade are portugese/italian. Obviously most of them are legal. But ask yourself, who will do the work if we are gone? I certainly dont see those "good citizens" wishing to report standing in -30 or +30 outside all day long working their asses off on physical job. Let me tell you, its spiritually rewarding. I am glad I embetter someone's house or pavement or something else. There is sense of self-satistfaction in it. You can point at something that was done nicely and say "Look i built this and customer is happy with it". Since its a dying trade I have taught plenty of Canadian-born(citizens) how to get into trade and shared my knowledge with them.

Number 3. Ever since I have been illegal and running my own company I have employed at times anywhere from 3-8 legal Canadians and paid them top wages. So when you say that people take away your jobs,please dont generalize.

Truth be told, a lot of illegal immigrants have their own story. This is just part of mine and why I dont want to go back is my problem. I have clean criminal record and never hurt anyone. You can make a point that I hurt you by taking away your job, but I ask you yet again, how exactly I did that if I employed people on top wages and you would not be willing to work on those jobs anyway?

Lots of jobs illegals take are not the ones most of lazy,"mommys boys" would be willing to do. A lot of people consider themselves above scanning items in 7/11 for 10$ and would rather sit at home claiming welfare.

i would never in my life claim either welfare or EI,simply because it looks bad on my resume.

I am bi-lingual(in-fact i speak 6 languages) and educated, I am making a point, that everyone deserves a chance. If someone crossed you personally, you dont have to get back at them in this way. Jesus said forgive and forget. If you are incapable to do so, then maybe you should review your moral values.

Thank you for your time and God Bless you all.

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
Peter Rabbit said:
Any country needs people like you and would love to have you! And, Europe (Italy) is sadly losing you.
Thank you very much for your positive output.

I was simply disgusted when I read this topic.

Most of the people who want to report someone start their message from something similar to "So i have know this person for X years/months"

Well how come you haven't reported them to the date? Just because someone crossed you doesnt mean you should report them now. Too many people are too hard headed. I am all for reporting people who commit fraud or who are danger to society.

But if someone is hard-working and you dont know their story why do it?

If you,people, who come here and start their story from that cliche "So I have known this person for X years/months" sentence, you deserve no empathy and surely deserve no respect.

Dressing your personal, tunnel-visioned goals into "good citizen" motives won't make your actions any better.

You can put a lipstick on the pig,but it will still be just a pig.

You may achieve a short-term satisfaction after the demise of someone else (sadly,its human nature), but in a long-term I cant help, I wonder how are you going to live with yourself.

Either way, have a good day and God bless all of you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have to look at the other side of the coin too though. If someone is living in Canada illegally, even if they seem to be a hard working person, one must wonder why did they not go through proper ways of attaining their immigration like the rest of us. That just maybe there is something fishy about them or that they think they are above the law.

However, you are totally right that most people who report seem to be doing it out of a grudge. They had a falling out with a friend or in many cases it's their ex. I can not even count how many posts I have seen where people say my ex divorced me after x years of marriage, how can I deport them. Even if you tell them if you stayed together 5 years etc. I am sure it was not a marriage scam, they are blinded by rage and just want their ex deported at any cost.

Phantom2013

Feb 18, 2013
I would like to answer Abe1004. I find it strange that you claim you are here illegally from Italy and running your own business. I know a lot of bricklayers in this City and with all the construction going on out there, it is evident that it is not a dying trade. How can you hire staff....deduct taxes, unemployment and cpp if you can't register yourself? How are you paying them? You can't even open a bank account in this country without a social insurance number. There were avenues available to you to get a legal working permit in this country. I have been here over 55 years when my dad immigrated from Italy with a work letter and sponsorship along with thousands of new immigrants and they did the worst jobs of all. I can honestly say that my dads' and my generation built this Country. They had no welfare to help them then. They either worked or they starved.

There have been so many illegals coming into Canada. The Canadians are not the ones who get housing and welfare cheques as soon as they cross the border. Take a look around. Everytime a country has a crisis Canada is where they hide. The fifties, sixties and seventies were the best years ever in Canada. From the 80s and on we have had an influx of illegals from every part of the world.

I am one person who will report an illegal if I know of one. Some of the people in this forum want to remain anonymous. What are you afraid of? If someone is breaking the law, they're breaking the law.

Why did you leave Italy? Did you meet your girlfriend when she was visiting Italy? These things happen all the time. You being here and working without documents is illegal......it doesn't matter how you cut it.

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
Leon said:
You have to look at the other side of the coin too though. If someone is living in Canada illegally, even if they seem to be a hard working person, one must wonder why did they not go through proper ways of attaining their immigration like the rest of us. That just maybe there is something fishy about them or that they think they are above the law.

However, you are totally right that most people who report seem to be doing it out of a grudge. They had a falling out with a friend or in many cases it's their ex. I can not even count how many posts I have seen where people say my ex divorced me after x years of marriage, how can I deport them. Even if you tell them if you stayed together 5 years etc. I am sure it was not a marriage scam, they are blinded by rage and just want their ex deported at any cost.
Leon I look at it from all sides of coin. I admit I broke the law, by overstaying and working illegally.So do lots of illegals. Sometimes certain avenues are closed to us and pride takes over. I knew several situations where people came here for better life and stayed behind simply because they knew they wouldnt get in on skilled worker visa even though they were highly skilled. They simply had no proof of experience from back home, but they were great at what they do. I felt like they deserved the chance. It obviously doesnt apply to me. I told you only some of my story as i mentioned in my initial post. My biggest mistake was overstaying and if I could reverse it now, I would. Now I am caught up in too many obligations and in given situation, its far-fetched I recieve work permit, should I leave the country. But again, by no means am I trying to fraud the government, simply will point out my case and show proper proof of it. If its not sufficient, I am planning to leave. I have been fully compliant with CBSA (checking in every friday etc) to the date. Not planning to go "underground"

Regards

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
Phantom2013 said:
I would like to answer Abe1004. I find it strange that you claim you are here illegally from Italy and running your own business. I know a lot of bricklayers in this City and with all the construction going on out there, it is evident that it is not a dying trade. How can you hire staff....deduct taxes, unemployment and cpp if you can't register yourself? How are you paying them? You can't even open a bank account in this country without a social insurance number. There were avenues available to you to get a legal working permit in this country. I have been here over 55 years when my dad immigrated from Italy with a work letter and sponsorship along with thousands of new immigrants and they did the worst jobs of all. I can honestly say that my dads' and my generation built this Country. They had no welfare to help them then. They either worked or they starved.

There have been so many illegals coming into Canada. The Canadians are not the ones who get housing and welfare cheques as soon as they cross the border. Take a look around. Everytime a country has a crisis Canada is where they hide. The fifties, sixties and seventies were the best years ever in Canada. From the 80s and on we have had an influx of illegals from every part of the world.

I am one person who will report an illegal if I know of one. Some of the people in this forum want to remain anonymous. What are you afraid of? If someone is breaking the law, they're breaking the law.

Why did you leave Italy? Did you meet your girlfriend when she was visiting Italy? These things happen all the time. You being here and working without documents is illegal......it doesn't matter how you cut it.
Hi Phantom,where are you located? I didnt come here ilegally and stayed. I had temprorary resident status at some point. Business is on both of our names (me and my spouse) and obviously CBSA didnt look into it for a while, I am assuming. I did all my own accounting and submitted all the expenses for my employees to proper government agencies.

Which city are you living in? I can tell you we have shortage of the bricklayers/cement masons/tile,stone masons where i am.

As for welfare and EI claims..I mentioned that previously and I didnt necessarily intended that towards canadian citizens. I have seen a lot of cases of where people crossed the border as refugees or as PRs and did what I would call a scam, but I cant prove it and I honestly mind my own business. Yes I know what you mean, but my purpose of throwing that sentence out there,was to give some food for thought to those, who thinks every immigrant is looking for welfare.

I am glad you say you will report the illegals whenever you see one. At least you are being consistent with what you believe in and wont make exceptions. That is respectful and I believe that is how it should be done. If you are consistent in what you do, then God bless report them all you want.

I met my common-law partner here in Canada. I am not looking for any empathy and as mentioned previously feel like I broke the law. However I was just pointing out that a lot of people report it out of blind rage and dress it into generalized view of illegal when they do. Every story is different.

P.s. I didnt say I am here illegally from Italy, I said I was ethnic italian,two different things :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are many more ways to immigrate than just skilled worker. There is a new class now, skilled trades worker, open to people who have a job offer and an LMO or who are already working on a work permit in Canada. There is CEC which allows you to apply for your immigration if you have spent at least 1 year in the past 3 working legally in Canada in a skilled position. There is also PNP which allows an employer to sponsor you for PR. Last but not least, if you end up in a common law partnership or get married to a Canadian or PR, your spouse can sponsor you.

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
Leon said:
There are many more ways to immigrate than just skilled worker. There is a new class now, skilled trades worker, open to people who have a job offer and an LMO or who are already working on a work permit in Canada. There is CEC which allows you to apply for your immigration if you have spent at least 1 year in the past 3 working legally in Canada in a skilled position. There is also PNP which allows an employer to sponsor you for PR. Last but not least, if you end up in a common law partnership or get married to a Canadian or PR, your spouse can sponsor you.
Leon,thank you for mentioning those. I have looked into all categories and would pass through likely any of them...given my current situation I applied for PR via spouse sponsorship and PRRA to be left in Canada in order to have my application completed and be able to continue taking care of people I make different in life of.

I was wondering what would you think would be lawyers plan if he keeps telling me to stay calm and just submit my sponsorship, he will take it from there?

he still has not revealed what his plan is and to be quiet frank there are not many days left till my removal date.

Regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Abe1004 said:
I was wondering what would you think would be lawyers plan if he keeps telling me to stay calm and just submit my sponsorship, he will take it from there?

he still has not revealed what his plan is and to be quiet frank there are not many days left till my removal date.

Regards
IMHO there is something very wrong when a lawyer you are paying refuses to tell you what "plan" he has for keeping you in Canada.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can wait and see if you can fight the order to leave but if you qualify under CEC, your application can be made from outside Canada. Your partner can also sponsor you if you are outside Canada. If they have ordered you to leave, you may be better off leaving in time than having it turn into a deportation and risking being banned from entering Canada for 2 years.

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
Leon said:
You can wait and see if you can fight the order to leave but if you qualify under CEC, your application can be made from outside Canada. Your partner can also sponsor you if you are outside Canada. If they have ordered you to leave, you may be better off leaving in time than having it turn into a deportation and risking being banned from entering Canada for 2 years.
Thats pretty much the plan. I will be on my plane if lawyer says its better to do it that way. I think I broke enough laws for my lifetime ;D

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
How can i report corruption in the Canadaian government? I know of millions of dollars that is being handed to freinds instead of being tendered? Has the government setup any service where I can report it and it will be investigated? No? WEhy not? We are talking about millions of dollars here.

Oh wait, we arent talking about that... we are talking about reporting some person who is working part-time at a sushi restaurant for less than minimum wage on a student visa instead of a work permit. The total costs to Canadian taxpayers? $0

Some people really need to get a life.

Phantom2013

Feb 18, 2013
To SteerPike:

And you have one? What are you doing on this forum? If everyone thought your way then why don't we just open the borders and let everyone in. We have heard so much bull about "political refugees" that it never ends. If these people were leaving their country for a better life they wouldn't turn our Country into a country of illegals. I don't agree with their tactics and I don't think our Government should allow them in. They should have more stringent laws to stop it.