+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reply from IRCC to reschedule Oath Ceremony

aqleemj

Oct 21, 2011
I am not entirely sure, but your application may be marked non-routine since you missed your first oath. What this means is that ircc does not have to adhere to the processing time of 15 months. Your best bet is to contact your MP to make an inquiry on your behalf, if you get lucky things might move.

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1169&top=5
Hi Walter, sorry for belated reply, ... yes i have involved MP office but unfortunately, they acted like a post office. Actually IRCC reply has been that it is in queue and will be scheduled accordingly. now this doesn't help after a wait time on almost 9 months now.

aqleemj

Oct 21, 2011
did you call them ?
Hi Ouluman. Yes I call IRCC every month and the agent reply is status quo / in queue for rescheduling. there is something wrong either with my application or IRCC processing. But my application is already approved this is why i received a call for oath... even if there is some issue, IRCC is supposed to contact me.

aqleemj

Oct 21, 2011
e consider your application non-routine or complex if

• you asked to change your personal information, like your
    • name
    • sex or gender identifier
    • date of birth
  • we need you to submit extra documents, like
    • fingerprints
    • residence documents
  • you missed a test, interview or hearing
  • we invited you to another interview or hearing after you attended your interview None of this situation fits him , he just missed an oath ceremony ?!
  • you failed a test
  • during your interview, you didn’t meet the language requirements
It may take us longer than the normal processing time to review a non-routine application.

For more information

For oath ceremony, I did not 'missed' it. I informed IRCC ahead of time that i will be away and will be back in country on two weeks time. also provided my back in country boarding card.

Yes, I was asked to provide fingerprints. ,, so it makes it non-routine!? .. "It may take us longer than the normal processing time to review a non-routine application." ... still it is expected to have a criteria on timeline.

At present the issue is no communication and no foresight on scheduled date .. I need to travel frequently due to my job & it is always a stressful under these circumstance :(

Ouluman

Feb 29, 2016
For oath ceremony, I did not 'missed' it. I informed IRCC ahead of time that i will be away and will be back in country on two weeks time. also provided my back in country boarding card.

Yes, I was asked to provide fingerprints. ,, so it makes it non-routine!? .. "It may take us longer than the normal processing time to review a non-routine application." ... still it is expected to have a criteria on timeline.

At present the issue is no communication and no foresight on scheduled date .. I need to travel frequently due to my job & it is always a stressful under these circumstance :(
it truly doesn't matter if you missed your first oath or told them you would miss it , the fact is you missed it . whether it is non-rountine you have to send an email to your local MP for help

Ouluman

Feb 29, 2016

there is still sth I am afraid of , you said you have a job that requires constant travelling which means the IRCC knows you came back to Canada and left again ?? would that be a reason ? I wonder if they would ever check that ?

aqleemj

Oct 21, 2011
there is still sth I am afraid of , you said you have a job that requires constant travelling which means the IRCC knows you came back to Canada and left again ?? would that be a reason ? I wonder if they would ever check that ?
That is the job I am looking to join, and the travel is not more than 50% of the time of year .... at present, I have been in Canada since I applied for citizenship (Dec 2021) ... IRCC is most welcome to check CBSA record, I am fully compliant with my obligations.
I have tried help from MP office twice, unfortunately, they have acted as a post office so far ...
Does anyone have idea, whom to contact next for help, maybe ADM or DM of IRCC!