+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reply from IRCC to reschedule Oath Ceremony

Michy26

Nov 7, 2022
Did you send them a copy of your flight ticket? I was in the same situation like your, but they rescheduled it for my family.
[QUOTE="zahadum, post: 10259196, member: 731862"
Hi good day!! Were same situition with jmvisa76
I asked the Ircc to reschedule my aoth and they reply me same outline of message

jhcitizen21

Nov 28, 2022
Hi everyone, I wish this information was explicitly available in IRCC's FAQ so sharing it here for everyone's benefit.
I asked IRCC if I could reschedule my (online) Oath Ceremony (schedule for early November) due to booked travel to see Family in early December (booking was made prior to receiving notices for Citizenship Test and obviously the subsequent Oath Ceremony notice to appear was received).
My challenge is during the Oath I have to destroy my PR card, which means I need a Canadian Passport to re-enter Canada if I travel.
In order to get a Canadian passport, I'll need my Citizenship Certificate, which may take anything between 2 to 6 weeks to arrive by Canada Post + whatever delay is needed to process a Canadian Passport to a new Canadian for the first time. Tight!
Here is the answer I have received (almost 20 days after submitting the question and 2 days before the Oath Ceremony...), which is (thankfully) a lot more specific than what one will find on IRCC's website:

Now I have to hope to be lucky to get my certificate early enough in order to be able to travel with my whole wife and kids to see family I haven't seen since before COVID, or pay some unwelcome additional fees to reschedule my flights to whenever... and postpone another Christmas with the family...
I am very fortunate and grateful to get my citizenship, but the absolute lack of visibility of when things may occur and the lack of control over dates can be a little bit of a frustration.

Does anyone know if there is any way to request for an expedited Certificate of Citizenship? I am willing to go pick it up myself in Niagara Falls office if this is possible...
This is exactly what happened to me. I sent multiple emails and just got the same reply today, two days before the ceremony. I am gonna attend the ceremony and communicate with the officer directly. Is there any update on your end? Thanks.

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone help me with the email address for requesting oath ceremony?

Jun 21, 2020
Hi everyone, I wish this information was explicitly available in IRCC's FAQ so sharing it here for everyone's benefit.
I asked IRCC if I could reschedule my (online) Oath Ceremony (schedule for early November) due to booked travel to see Family in early December (booking was made prior to receiving notices for Citizenship Test and obviously the subsequent Oath Ceremony notice to appear was received).
My challenge is during the Oath I have to destroy my PR card, which means I need a Canadian Passport to re-enter Canada if I travel.
In order to get a Canadian passport, I'll need my Citizenship Certificate, which may take anything between 2 to 6 weeks to arrive by Canada Post + whatever delay is needed to process a Canadian Passport to a new Canadian for the first time. Tight!
Here is the answer I have received (almost 20 days after submitting the question and 2 days before the Oath Ceremony...), which is (thankfully) a lot more specific than what one will find on IRCC's website:

Now I have to hope to be lucky to get my certificate early enough in order to be able to travel with my whole wife and kids to see family I haven't seen since before COVID, or pay some unwelcome additional fees to reschedule my flights to whenever... and postpone another Christmas with the family...
I am very fortunate and grateful to get my citizenship, but the absolute lack of visibility of when things may occur and the lack of control over dates can be a little bit of a frustration.

Does anyone know if there is any way to request for an expedited Certificate of Citizenship? I am willing to go pick it up myself in Niagara Falls office if this is possible...
Hi I am in a similar situation. i received the same reply from IRCC. How long after the ceremony did you receive the citizenship certificate? How did you handle the situation??

Jun 21, 2020
This is exactly what happened to me. I sent multiple emails and just got the same reply today, two days before the ceremony. I am gonna attend the ceremony and communicate with the officer directly. Is there any update on your end? Thanks.
Hi I am in a similar situation. Were you able to communicate with the officer directly during the oath ceremony??

Femo22

Mar 2, 2023
I also want to ask if IRCC does reschedule oath, is there any limit on the number of days they can hold my file. I read somewhere that IRCC doesn't hold the file for more than 6 months. Is it true?
That's not true mine is now more than 6 month

Smjt2023

Aug 20, 2023
That's not true mine is now more than 6 month
Hi, do you mind elaborating on your situation? Did you apply for rescheduling multiple times, or did you ask for a long term hold (6+ months), or is the long delay unintentional (e.g. you asked for a date sooner but just never heard back).

kjvisa

Sep 24, 2023
Hi, i’m in the same situation.. could it be possible can i copy your letter of reschedule? please thank you

PianoTiger

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Can you

please share the oath ceremony email address?

elicanda87

Sep 21, 2018
Has anyone recently have any success with niagara office for rescheduling oath? We are outside of canada when we received tha oath invitation. The Oath date is 28th feb but we are returning back on March 1st.
We sent an email informing the same but got a very blunt reply that they reschedule only for emergencies etc. looking for some pointers from people who have faced similar issue recently. Thank you

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Has anyone recently have any success with niagara office for rescheduling oath? We are outside of canada when we received tha oath invitation. The Oath date is 28th feb but we are returning back on March 1st.
We sent an email informing the same but got a very blunt reply that they reschedule only for emergencies etc. looking for some pointers from people who have faced similar issue recently. Thank you
Rescheduling your travel is the best option.

aqleemj

Oct 21, 2011
Hi All. Taking advantage of this thread, I want to share my experience and challenge.
I was invited to the citizenship ceremony in 2nd week of Jun 23. Unfortunately, due to pre-arranged and paid travel commitments, I was unable to attend on the specified date.
I followed the instructions by IRCC as per invitation instructions and requested rescheduling in 4 weeks time. I also shared my return boarding card once I was back in Canada.
It has been more than 8 months, still waiting for the rescheduled date! .. no reply from Mississauga office to my emails and no conclusive reply to web queries :(
Has someone experienced the same delay? ...
My issue is that I am taking up a job that required a lot of international traveling .. do not want to be in the same situation but need the job also :( ... Any suggestions what to do next?

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
Hi All. Taking advantage of this thread, I want to share my experience and challenge.
I was invited to the citizenship ceremony in 2nd week of Jun 23. Unfortunately, due to pre-arranged and paid travel commitments, I was unable to attend on the specified date.
I followed the instructions by IRCC as per invitation instructions and requested rescheduling in 4 weeks time. I also shared my return boarding card once I was back in Canada.
It has been more than 8 months, still waiting for the rescheduled date! .. no reply from Mississauga office to my emails and no conclusive reply to web queries :(
My issue is that I am taking up a job that required a lot of international traveling .. do not want to be in the same situation but need the job also :( ... Any suggestions what to do next?
I am not entirely sure, but your application may be marked non-routine since you missed your first oath. What this means is that ircc does not have to adhere to the processing time of 15 months. Your best bet is to contact your MP to make an inquiry on your behalf, if you get lucky things might move.

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1169&top=5

Ouluman

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
did you call them ?

Ouluman

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
I am not entirely sure, but your application may be marked non-routine since you missed your first oath. What this means is that ircc does not have to adhere to the processing time of 15 months. Your best bet is to contact your MP to make an inquiry on your behalf, if you get lucky things might move.

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1169&top=5
e consider your application non-routine or complex if

• you asked to change your personal information, like your
    • name
    • sex or gender identifier
    • date of birth
  • we need you to submit extra documents, like
    • fingerprints
    • residence documents
  • you missed a test, interview or hearing
  • we invited you to another interview or hearing after you attended your interview None of this situation fits him , he just missed an oath ceremony ?!
  • you failed a test
  • during your interview, you didn’t meet the language requirements
It may take us longer than the normal processing time to review a non-routine application.

For more information