+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renting mail address!

DESIGN.IQ

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Hi All,

I am asking if it's possible to rent a mail address and using it in citizenship application instead of using my house address.

I live in a shared house with shared mail, and I don't want to lose my important mails.

Could you please advise?

Thanks

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
Hi All,

I am asking if it's possible to rent a mail address and using it in citizenship application instead of using my house address.

I live in a shared house with shared mail, and I don't want to lose my important mails.

Could you please advise?

Thanks
Yeah... Rent a PO box and put it as a mailing address on your application... Still give them your residential address though...

Reactions: vasvas

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Yeah... Rent a PO box and put it as a mailing address on your application... Still give them your residential address though...
Is it easy to update an address with CIC? I am not sure I will live in my current rented apartment for the whole length of my application. Do I have to send them an updated id's and stuff when I change my address?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Is it easy to update an address with CIC? I am not sure I will live in my current rented apartment for the whole length of my application. Do I have to send them an updated id's and stuff when I change my address?
You can change the address online after AOR I believe. However, do note that people here have complained that they have had issues with it.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
You can change the address online after AOR I believe. However, do note that people here have complained that they have had issues with it.
That's right...
It happened to me during my PR application. I moved and changed my address online, also sent email and fax to CIC about the address change, but the passport and landing paper were still sent to my old address

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Thankyou- What address do we have to put in if we are unemployed for the span of time? Just put N/A for unemployed span of time?
Secondly, does the biographical page of passport include the signature pages also?

Reactions: DESIGN.IQ

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Thankyou- What address do we have to put in if we are unemployed for the span of time? Just put N/A for unemployed span of time?
Secondly, does the biographical page of passport include the signature pages also?
You write the address you were living in during your unemployed time. The rest can be NA.

Last edited: