+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewing Work permit as a protected person.Is fee Payable?

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ch_Rizwan said:
Seems like there are two sides and answers so far.not 100% sure.

My question is as i have already paid will they refund my fee?
they WILL refund you WITHOUT requesting. NO request for refund should be made. Check your credit/debit card statments for refund. It takes sometimes months to get a refund from immigration. BUT THEY WILL REFUND YOU. don't ask them for refund. BUT YOU HAVE TO CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD.

canadatraveldocument

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
hey guys ,i did send $150 cheque, but i just remember they sent me back my cheque it was quite few years ago, but they send me back my pay cheque without telling them

betteka

Dec 11, 2015
key78 said:
they WILL refund you WITHOUT requesting. NO request for refund should be made. Check your credit/debit card statments for refund. It takes sometimes months to get a refund from immigration. BUT THEY WILL REFUND YOU. don't ask them for refund. BUT YOU HAVE TO CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD.
YOU HAVE TO REQUEST FOR A REFUND

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5553ETOC.asp#5553E6

Refunds

To obtain a refund, you need to send a written request to withdraw your application to the Case Processing Centre.

The processing fee is only refundable if we receive your request before processing has begun. Once we have started to process your application, there will be no refunds regardless of the final decision. We will issue the refund to the person indicated on the “Payer Information” section of the receipt. If there is no name indicated on the receipt, we will send the refund to you.

Payment issue – Overpayment

We will:

start processing your application, and
send you a refund.
Note: You do not have to ask for a refund, it will be done automatically.

encantado

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
betteka said:
YOU HAVE TO REQUEST FOR A REFUND

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5553ETOC.asp#5553E6

Refunds

To obtain a refund, you need to send a written request to withdraw your application to the Case Processing Centre.

The processing fee is only refundable if we receive your request before processing has begun. Once we have started to process your application, there will be no refunds regardless of the final decision. We will issue the refund to the person indicated on the “Payer Information” section of the receipt. If there is no name indicated on the receipt, we will send the refund to you.

Payment issue – Overpayment

We will:

start processing your application, and
send you a refund.
Note: You do not have to ask for a refund, it will be done automatically.

You don't need to request anything. WP for protected persons is free if charge. They won't simply charge you. And if you apply online there is no even such an option as to pay.

Zulqarnin

Jun 8, 2019
hi, guys, I am the proactive person I wanna renew my open work permit anybody can guide me how to apply can apply online from my IRCC account thx