+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewed Passport update after getting the portal email

spreadpeace

Star Member
Apr 14, 2022
I got the portal approval and my original passport has been renewed before getting the eCOPR and PR card.
Do I need to update IRCC about this?
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Reactions: BC_CEC_Aspirant

BC_CEC_Aspirant

Dec 1, 2022
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2023
Med's Done....
22-02-2023
I got the portal approval and my original passport has been renewed before getting the eCOPR and PR card.
Do I need to update IRCC about this?
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Hi, What was your experience like? I am in the same boat. Just wanted to know did you have to communicate to IRCC about your new passport or you were able to get the PR without any issue? My new passport is expected to come at the same time as the Portal email 1 so just wondering how it impacts the pr application?

spreadpeace

Star Member
Apr 14, 2022
Hi, What was your experience like? I am in the same boat. Just wanted to know did you have to communicate to IRCC about your new passport or you were able to get the PR without any issue? My new passport is expected to come at the same time as the Portal email 1 so just wondering how it impacts the pr application?
I could not communicate with IRCC. I got eCORP after I posted this message. I heard from my friends that the updated passport information is not needed for the PR. So I am not updating my documentation anymore.

Reactions: BC_CEC_Aspirant

BC_CEC_Aspirant

Dec 1, 2022
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2023
Med's Done....
22-02-2023
I could not communicate with IRCC. I got eCORP after I posted this message. I heard from my friends that the updated passport information is not needed for the PR. So I am not updating my documentation anymore.
does the ECOPR not have the passport number as travel doc number in it? Did you get it with your old passport number or new?

spreadpeace

Star Member
Apr 14, 2022
ECORP has the old passport details. I think the passport number doesn't matter, as we can't travel outside with eCORP. I used the webform to submit new passport details.