+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewed passport after COPR

kollynz_an

May 15, 2018
No, my passport validity was around 10 days longer then medical, so they didn’t change dates.
Hi, please am in the same boat. Accra VO sent me a mail to send my old and new passport and COPR, and pay $30 But they did not mention how I should make payment and if I should send passport of my depemdents. They also did not mention if I should pay for dependents.

Please advise me on how u paid for yours.

binastie

Jun 21, 2018
Hi, please am in the same boat. Accra VO sent me a mail to send my old and new passport and COPR, and pay $30 But they did not mention how I should make payment and if I should send passport of my depemdents. They also did not mention if I should pay for dependents.

Hi,
I had the same issue but i did not pay any money. To be certain though, my issue was that I renewed my passport after getting my COPR before sending it to the Accra VO. All i did, was take both passports with an explanation letter to the Abuja VO, paid the delivery fee and my visa stamp came out on the new passport. I did not have to pay any money.

However, if you have to, just take the money to the VO. There is a payment section there and they can advise you better. Make sure you have the instructions given to you by the Accra VO handy, incase anybody wants to refer it to it before advising you.

Hope this helps.

kollynz_an

May 15, 2018
Hi Binastie, I would really like to speak to you on this issue, cos I need guidance.

I am also in Abuja.

Please in your case, did you renew your passport after receiving PR visa and COPR? Cos I renewed my passport after I got the COPR and visa becos the passport will have less than 6 months validity on my travel date.

Looking forward to ur response.

Regards.

binastie

Jun 21, 2018
Hi Binastie, I would really like to speak to you on this issue, cos I need guidance.

I am also in Abuja.

Please in your case, did you renew your passport after receiving PR visa and COPR? Cos I renewed my passport after I got the COPR and visa becos the passport will have less than 6 months validity on my travel date.

Regards.
Hi
my COPR landing visa was not stamped on the first passport before i changed it.
If that is your case, then its a different situation than mine.
let me explain it to you

I got the COPR mail asking me to send my passports to the accra VO. i quickly renewed my passport and sent both along with an explanation letter to the accra VO before the two week deadline. when it came back, my details had been updated to state the details of the new passport and the visa was stamped on the new passport. hope this helps.

If you had already sent your passport to accra VO and had it stamped and then renewed it, then it is a different case from mine.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019

I am also in Abuja.

Regards.
There's nothing to worry about. Just travel with both old and new paspsort. Use the new paspsort number to book your tickets.
Having a visa on an expired passport and travelling with two Paspsorts is actually very common and it's done every day.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi
my COPR landing visa was not stamped on the first passport before i changed it.
If that is your case, then its a different situation than mine.
let me explain it to you

I got the COPR mail asking me to send my passports to the accra VO. i quickly renewed my passport and sent both along with an explanation letter to the accra VO before the two week deadline. when it came back, my details had been updated to state the details of the new passport and the visa was stamped on the new passport. hope this helps.

If you had already sent your passport to accra VO and had it stamped and then renewed it, then it is a different case from mine.
Yes, your case is different from his. What caused the confusion is that you're referring to your PPR mail as COPR mail.
PPR is the pasport request mail you received. COPR is the confirmation of permanent residency document you received with your Visa and passport.

maja84

Dec 20, 2017

Hi kollynz,
To pay the fee go to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-verification-status-replacement-immigration-document.html
On this page you will find under the number 3 Pay the fees. After selecting your country, select other applications and services and in the third fild select verify your status or replace an immigration document. (This is an online payment and I just printed the receipt and send it with other documents)
As for passports and CROPs of dependants, I had to send them too, and to pay fees for them.
Hope this will help you.

Buska828

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Do you advise renewing passport during processing of pr application before receiving ppr then? How many months are you given from the time you receive pr visa before you need to land?

kollynz_an

May 15, 2018
Hi
Hi kollynz,
To pay the fee go to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-verification-status-replacement-immigration-document.html
On this page you will find under the number 3 Pay the fees. After selecting your country, select other applications and services and in the third fild select verify your status or replace an immigration document. (This is an online payment and I just printed the receipt and send it with other documents)
As for passports and CROPs of dependants, I had to send them too, and to pay fees for them.
Hope this will help you.
Maja84, please did u send a new passport photograph when urs was reissued?

I have sent mine and I included the passport photos that was used in the initial COPR, which is over 6 months old. I hope it wont be an issue.

Regards.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Do you advise renewing passport during processing of pr application before receiving ppr then? How many months are you given from the time you receive pr visa before you need to land?
yes, renew during the processing of your PR application if your passport is less than 6 months to expiry.
As to your second question, it varies for everyone. your COPR & visa expiry date is typically the date your medicals expire (or your passport expiry date if it's earlier than your medicals).

maja84

Dec 20, 2017
Hi

Maja84, please did u send a new passport photograph when urs was reissued?

I have sent mine and I included the passport photos that was used in the initial COPR, which is over 6 months old. I hope it wont be an issue.

Regards.
Hi, I didn’t send new photos since I sent my old COPR and they reused the photo from it.

S17

May 29, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Hello,

I am based in India and have received my COPR, the validity of which is till June-2018.

My passport was expiring in November-2018, so I went ahead and got it renewed.

My immigrant visa is on the old passport and the COPR has old passport details. Do I need to submit the new passport and get my details updated?

VFS said there is no clarification on this issue and that I should email the Delhi office.

I wrote to the immigration office in Delhi and am awaiting their response since a month.

What should I do? Should I re-submit both the passports and get the immigrant visa and COPR transferred to the new one?

Has anyone else faced this issue?

Please help.
Hi, just saw your post, could you please guide how you handled this situation? I hv gt my COPR but my passport will have a validity of 4 months when i travel. Hence i want to renew it but not sure about whether its a right thing to do. M confused on Whether to get it renewed in India or in Canada. Will i be allowed to travel with 4 month validity.