+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewal PR card pickup in person

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
No, I do not live in canada in the oast 5 Years, Just about 3 Months visit. But I Am living with my Canadian wife in Iran. Also with my twins who are 9 Months old and born in canada too.
The strike ended so you may have been able to reschedule your appointment. How much time did you spend in Canada after receiving PR? How long did your wife spend in Canada when she had your twins? How long before your children left Canada? Both she and the children would have had to spend 6-12 months in Canada (depending on the province) to qualify for free healthcare in Canada or else you can be asked to pay for any healthcare you used. You must have a valid health card and meet the residency requirement for that province to qualify for public healthcare.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My appointment to pick the card is end of May in Ottawa and I’ve booked tkts from USA. Will they email me beforehand if my appointment is cancelled? I’d rather not fly down if the appointment is rescheduled and I can reschedule my flight
The strike is over so your appointment should go ahead as scheduled.

keivan ka

Jan 5, 2019
The strike ended so you may have been able to reschedule your appointment. How much time did you spend in Canada after receiving PR? How long did your wife spend in Canada when she had your twins? How long before your children left Canada? Both she and the children would have had to spend 6-12 months in Canada (depending on the province) to qualify for free healthcare in Canada or else you can be asked to pay for any healthcare you used. You must have a valid health card and meet the residency requirement for that province to qualify for public healthcare.
No my wife spent about 7 months before the birth with her family in canada. I do not concern about the that.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Etobococ scheduled an appointment for me. I have booked a ticket from Tehran to toronto and be there on time, bur surprisingly they showed me a notice that because of strike all of the appointments have been cancelled. I forced to comeback to iran because of my work
So as my pr card aspiring in 5 days, what can I do? Can I request them to post me the card to my address in Toronto. Because I have been there right at the appointment, but they themselves cacell the appointment...
If you fail ro right now and have no access to US, you are in trouble. Your prtd application will fail. The best way, go US and sneak in by land entry. With your pickup letter and expired card with you.

But if your ro is good, you can apply prtd to fly back. It costs some time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No my wife spent about 7 months before the birth with her family in canada. I do not concern about the that.
If she hadn’t met the residency requirements she would be had to reapply for her health card and go through any waiting period again. The children wouldn’t have met their residency requirement to receive healthcare and will have to reapply when they return. Hopefully they didn’t spend time in the NICU because if the province decided to ask for repayment that would be very expensive. You would have both become tax residents and needed to file taxes as tax residents even if you only spent 3 months in Canada.