+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewal PR card pickup in person

shevas2003

Star Member
Feb 24, 2022
I finally received an email from CIC asking me to come in person to the Ottawa CIC office to pick my extended PR Card. I had applied in June 2022 and am currently in USA accompanying my Canadian citizen husband. We are trying to move back to Canada and so I applied for the extension of my expired card during our visit to Ottawa. I have requested them to change my appointment from March to May, is there any way I can request them to ship my PR card to the Canadian address I provided on the form? Do they usually respond to the request to change the appointment day & time soon?

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
You generally have 6 months to pick it up. Because your status does not satisfy IRCC, they ask you to pick it up other than send it to your address. They just want to make sure you are you and you receive the card.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I finally received an email from CIC asking me to come in person to the Ottawa CIC office to pick my extended PR Card. I had applied in June 2022 and am currently in USA accompanying my Canadian citizen husband. We are trying to move back to Canada and so I applied for the extension of my expired card during our visit to Ottawa. I have requested them to change my appointment from March to May, is there any way I can request them to ship my PR card to the Canadian address I provided on the form? Do they usually respond to the request to change the appointment day & time soon?
They will not send the card to you especially abroad.

shevas2003

Star Member
Feb 24, 2022
They will not send the card to you especially abroad.
I requested for my appointment to pick up the PR Card to a Monday, but they rescheduled it to the closest Wednesday. Does the Ottawa office do PR card pickups only on Wednesdays?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I requested for my appointment to pick up the PR Card to a Monday, but they rescheduled it to the closest Wednesday. Does the Ottawa office do PR card pickups only on Wednesdays?
I don't believe it's limited to Wednesday but you can't really request specific dates or days of the week with IRCC. They just book whatever date they want.

DWHChung

Mar 9, 2023
On scheduling an appointment to pick up the renewed PR card. I have used the webform to submit my request 3 times over the past month; however, I have not received any feedback. Do you know why?

I am currently outside Canada and the number provided stated that only call within Canada. Is there a number that I can reach IRCC to schedule a pick up appointment at Etobicoke IRCC?

shevas2003

Star Member
Feb 24, 2022
On scheduling an appointment to pick up the renewed PR card. I have used the webform to submit my request 3 times over the past month; however, I have not received any feedback. Do you know why?

I am currently outside Canada and the number provided stated that only call within Canada. Is there a number that I can reach IRCC to schedule a pick up appointment at Etobicoke IRCC?
I was able to call CIC using the TextNow app, there is a whole forum and here you'll find all the instructions on how to call:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/i-called-ircc-twice-today-from-outside-canada-here-is-how-to-call-them.733368/

However, it was not helpful to call them as their answer to me was- follow the instructions on the letter to reschedule your appointment. And I followed the instructions which were to Reply to the email with my preferred dates. They said you just have to be patient & the Ottawa office would respond to my email. I received an email notification with the new date(which was not the one I requested, but 2days after this date). I also submitted a webform and wasn't sure if that helped but the Ottawa office emailed me 1 day before my appointment date confirming they were able to reschedule my appointment.
So if your request is for rescheduling your appointment, you might just get a response back from the local office a day or 2 before your appointment.

DWHChung

Mar 9, 2023
In the letter I received, only this email was provided question@cic.gc.ca and I have emailed my reschedule request but no response over the past month. Which email did you send your reschedule appointment to ?

If the local office only provide a response 1 to 2 days before then it would be difficult to arrange international travel plan. Is there anyway to arrange further in advance?

shevas2003

Star Member
Feb 24, 2022
In the letter I received, only this email was provided question@cic.gc.ca and I have emailed my reschedule request but no response over the past month. Which email did you send your reschedule appointment to ?

If the local office only provide a response 1 to 2 days before then it would be difficult to arrange international travel plan. Is there anyway to arrange further in advance?
That is the email in the letter, but you need to hit Reply to the email you received the email from. That would be the local office email and it's not question@cic.gc.ca
Also they expect you to be in Canada while applying for the PR Card so I don't think there is any accommodation for international travelers in there and I don't think there's a choice to arrange further out. If your card is not picked up within 180 days from first email they sent you, then they will destroy it and you'll have to reapply.

DWHChung

Mar 9, 2023
That is the email in the letter, but you need to hit Reply to the email you received the email from. That would be the local office email and it's not question@cic.gc.ca
Also they expect you to be in Canada while applying for the PR Card so I don't think there is any accommodation for international travelers in there and I don't think there's a choice to arrange further out. If your card is not picked up within 180 days from first email they sent you, then they will destroy it and you'll have to reapply.
The email stated that do not reply to the email as no response will be provided. Do you know if there is an email that could reach them?

shevas2003

Star Member
Feb 24, 2022
The email stated that do not reply to the email as no response will be provided. Do you know if there is an email that could reach them?
The email I received did not state that, I do not have an email. Try calling them using the TextNo app

keivan ka

Jan 5, 2019
Etobococ scheduled an appointment for me. I have booked a ticket from Tehran to toronto and be there on time, bur surprisingly they showed me a notice that because of strike all of the appointments have been cancelled. I forced to comeback to iran because of my work
So as my pr card aspiring in 5 days, what can I do? Can I request them to post me the card to my address in Toronto. Because I have been there right at the appointment, but they themselves cacell the appointment...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Etobococ scheduled an appointment for me. I have booked a ticket from Tehran to toronto and be there on time, bur surprisingly they showed me a notice that because of strike all of the appointments have been cancelled. I forced to comeback to iran because of my work
So as my pr card aspiring in 5 days, what can I do? Can I request them to post me the card to my address in Toronto. Because I have been there right at the appointment, but they themselves cacell the appointment...
No you’ll still need to pick it up in person if you’re not living in Canada. The pick-up is also a chance to review if those living abroad are still compliant with your RO. Are you currently compliant with your RO? How many days have you spent in Canada in the past 5 years as of today for example? If you are compliant with your RO you can apply for a PRTD to return to Canada once the strike is over. If not compliant you can try for a PRTD based on H&C. The strike has been the top news story in Canada for quite a while so it is assumed that most would be aware of the strike if a PR or citizen.

Last edited:

shevas2003

Star Member
Feb 24, 2022
My appointment to pick the card is end of May in Ottawa and I’ve booked tkts from USA. Will they email me beforehand if my appointment is cancelled? I’d rather not fly down if the appointment is rescheduled and I can reschedule my flight

keivan ka

Jan 5, 2019
Hi
No, I do not live in canada in the oast 5 Years, Just about 3 Months visit. But I Am living with my Canadian wife in Iran. Also with my twins who are 9 Months old and born in canada too.