+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewal of PR Card for Non-Resident accompanying a Canadian Citizen Family Membe

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can repeat what is NOT true until you are blue. Does not change what the policy is.

As I said, five years ago, and still say, CORRECTLY, IRCC policy is "To be eligible for a PR card, you must: . . . be physically present in Canada"

Your claim that it is wrong to state that this is the policy is MISINFORMATION. I cited and linked at least four IRCC sources, plus the official Regulation, which state this policy.

Deliberate posting of misinformation needs to be strenuously discouraged.

To be clear, the legitimate sources of information which clearly state this policy include:

IRCC guide for PR card applications:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-gender-identifier.html whe

IRPA Regulation 56(2): https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-56-20150220.html#wb-cont

IRCC Operational Manual ENF 27 Permanent Resident Card https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals.html

IRCC FAQ help centre: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=055&top=10

IRCC webpage with PR card application information: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/who-can-apply.html

Not sure how often you want to repeat the cycle, but the policy is just about as clear as the Residency Obligation itself, and it is clear that efforts to confuse, mislead, or deceive others should be resoundingly discouraged.
Didn't say anything about changing a policy. Just saying OP got the PR card renewed even physically outside Canada (despite what you wrote five years ago!). This is not misinformation. Read the OP's post and history. Simple as that.

I can copy and paste as many times.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Didn't say anything about changing a policy. Just saying OP got the PR card renewed even physically outside Canada (despite what you wrote five years ago!). This is not misinformation. Read the OP's post and history. Simple as that.

I can copy and paste as many times.
What you said is that my post, in which I stated the policy is to require the application for a PR card to be made in Canada, was wrong.

No. My statement of the policy was correct. IRCC policy is to require presence in Canada at the time of making the application.

I recognize the game. I recognize deception, lying, misinformation, trolling, and so on.

Here is your post claiming my statement of the policy "was wrong."

-- IRCC policy is that PRs outside Canada are NOT eligible to be issued a new PR card.
What you wrote there, was wrong. The OP was issued a new PR card which is now expiring in August 2021.
And your claim that someone who somehow managed to get around the policy, that getting-away-with-it, is what really matters is grossly misleading. No, the policy matters. Not that someone can get-away-with-it otherwise.

If you are going to copy and paste anything, you might try being honest and post some real information . . . perhaps copy and paste what it says in the IRCC guide for making a PR card application. I'll make it easy for you, here again is what the IRCC guide says: "To be eligible for a PR card, you must: . . . be physically present in Canada"

But if you want to copy and paste that, the real information, directly from the legitimate source itself, again it can be found here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-gender-identifier.html

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What you said is that my post, in which I stated the policy is to require the application for a PR card to be made in Canada, was wrong.

No. My statement of the policy was correct. IRCC policy is to require presence in Canada at the time of making the application.

I recognize the game. I recognize deception, lying, misinformation, trolling, and so on.

Here is your post claiming my statement of the policy "was wrong."

And your claim that someone who somehow managed to get around the policy, that getting-away-with-it, is what really matters is grossly misleading. No, the policy matters. Not that someone can get-away-with-it otherwise.

If you are going to copy and paste anything, you might try being honest and post some real information . . . perhaps copy and paste what it says in the IRCC guide for making a PR card application. I'll make it easy for you, here again is what the IRCC guide says: "To be eligible for a PR card, you must: . . . be physically present in Canada"

But if you want to copy and paste that, the real information, directly from the legitimate source itself, again it can be found here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-gender-identifier.html
What I said is that you were wrong about posting in this thread in which the OP got the PR card renewed even physically outside Canada (despite what you wrote five years ago!). This is not misinformation. Read the OP's post and history. Simple as that.

I can copy and paste as many times. See the OP's recent post. OP wrote: "But the first renewal was also done while I was outside Canada, and it was processed" is not honest, legimate and real?

Last edited:

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
What I said is that you were wrong about posting in this thread in which the OP got the PR card renewed even physically outside Canada (despite what you wrote five years ago!). This is not misinformation. Read the OP's post and history. Simple as that.

I can copy and paste as many times. See the OP's recent post. OP wrote: "But the first renewal was also done while I was outside Canada, and it was processed" is not honest, legimate and real?
It is pretty obvious that policy has been exactly what Dpenabill mentioned 5 years ago and still applies today. Pointing out people managing to circumvent the policy does not make it invalid, just like not getting caught for a murder does not make a murder legal because "oh Joe did it, so must be fine"...

Now Dpenabill pointed what should be done, historically plenty of people did manage to renew their PR card from outside Canada, that is a fact, mostly by lying about their residence (which is exactly what the OP did both 5 years ago and now). Those same people get upset when at some point they get asked to collect their card in Canada instead of getting it mailed to their Canadian address.

It is not because some get away with something that whoever state the actual rule/policy/law is wrong, it is just that cheating always exists.