+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewal of expired or card

123brs

Sep 2, 2019
Dear all, my husband got PR of Canada in 2012,it was a family PR but after staying there just for six months we came back to India due to sudden death of his mother and then to take care of his father who was a cancer patient we have not gone to Canada.Our PR expired in July 2017.At that time, my daughter was minor but now she wants to go Canada for her higher studies Now she is studying in class 12th. I want to know whether she can get her expired PR renewed.She is 17 years old currently.Please reply​

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear all, my husband got PR of Canada in 2012,it was a family PR but after staying there just for six months we came back to India due to sudden death of his mother and then to take care of his father who was a cancer patient we have not gone to Canada.Our PR expired in July 2017.At that time, my daughter was minor but now she wants to go Canada for her higher studies Now she is studying in class 12th. I want to know whether she can get her expired PR renewed.She is 17 years old currently.Please reply​
To try to save her PR status, your daughter would need to apply for a PR Travel Document with H&C consideration based on the fact she was removed from Canada as a minor. However her chances of the PRTD being approved are on the low end based on recent trends. IRCC has recently been refusing these applications if the family never really established themselves in Canada before leaving. Since you were only in Canada for six months before you left, there's a high chance IRCC will say your family was never established here and refuse the PRTD for this reason. However she can certainly try applying and hope for the best. If the PRTD is refused, her PR status will be officially revoked and she will then need to apply for a study permit to come to Canada to study (and pay international student fees).

123brs

Sep 2, 2019
Thanks Scylla for giving valuable information I also want to know I can apply PRTD from India on my daughters behalf please guide me the process for applying PRTD. It is possible that I can apply myself or should take help from immigration consultants