+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renew Indian Passport at Indian Consulate Toronto

manasivr

Oct 4, 2018
Hi,
(Please let me know if the question needs to go to another category).
I am trying to get my Indian passport renewed. I filled up the online Application form but after submitting and getting the File number, the PDF fie does not have the appointment details as the information page says it should. What is the correct way to get an appointment for the Toronto office of the Consulate General of India? Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,
Manasi

RookieMistake

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
Doc's Request.
RPRF
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
03-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-06-2017
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
LANDED..........
03-10-2017
Hey,

I got my passport renewed a couple of months ago. The process for renewals is laid out on BLS’ website. There is no real appointment time/date as such generated at the time of filing the form online (unlike the PSK’s in India).

So it’s basically walk-in when you’re free. I guess the form filled online stays active for X no. of days before one has to do itna again. This is mentioned somewhere in the form itself.

Also, to get your passport renewed at the consulate in Toronto would 1) cost you more 2) AFAIK requires a specific reason since they would want citizens to use their third party service provider - BLS... though I’ve heard that the consulate hands you the renewed passport the same day (maybe only for emergencies?)

At BLS Toronto (they have other locations too) - walk-in, get a token, wait... I guess they start at 9am Mon-Sat

BLS:
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/new_ppt.php

Cheers,

Rookie

manasivr

Oct 4, 2018
Hi Rookie Mistake, thanks for the info. I actually found out this from a colleague and received my new passport this same morning.. :D

AsimNexus

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-12-2020
AOR Received.
17-12-2020
Med's Done....
21-01-2021
LANDED..........
19-06-2021
Guys, can you help me with the timeframe it involves? I mean how much time did it take for you to get the renewed passport back? I applied around 16 days ago and still in processing. I hope I get it soon.

giri123

Aug 19, 2014
Guys, can you help me with the timeframe it involves? I mean how much time did it take for you to get the renewed passport back? I applied around 16 days ago and still in processing. I hope I get it soon.
Did you get your renewed passport?

giri123

Aug 19, 2014
I submitted my passport on 7 Feb 2019 at BLS center in Toronto.

JenniferJS

Jan 16, 2019
Hi People, I was trying to fill the form in bls website to renew my Indian passport as it is expiring in 4 months and there is a field as File number, can anyone please help me understand what that field is?

giri123

Aug 19, 2014
I submitted my passport on 7 Feb 2019 at BLS center in Toronto.
Application Status Ready for Dispatch (Today: 22 Feb 2019)
Not sure if its ready for dispatch from Consulate or from BLS.

giri123

Aug 19, 2014
Hi People, I was trying to fill the form in bls website to renew my Indian passport as it is expiring in 4 months and there is a field as File number, can anyone please help me understand what that field is?
I guess this is the application number that is mentioned on your existing passport. Not sure if I provided the same information.

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
8 ( send with application )
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
I got my passport renewed through BLS .

I did not go physically , I send my application form through Purolator . I got it in about 15 working days.

qwertyguy

Jan 21, 2018
toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
toronto
I got my passport renewed through BLS .

I did not go physically , I send my application form through Purolator . I got it in about 15 working days.
@ahmed
I wanted to opt for postal service of BLS. had few questions:
  • what all documents do we need to add in the package? the ones I am aware of is the passport, passport renewal form, a copy of signed Canadian residency proof, photograph, a copy of signed Canadian address proof
  • I need to change the Indian address so do I also need to add an address proof?
  • how much money is needed for the cheque?
  • do I need to also provide a return postal package or does BLS take care of it?
  • considering they won't see the actual address and residency proof and just a signed copy of it because we don't add the actual thing in the mail, does it cause any issue? because when we go in person, they probably also verify the actual stuff.
  • do you think we need to show add any education proof so that we do not have the ECR required added in our passport?

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
@ahmed
I wanted to opt for postal service of BLS. had few questions:
  • what all documents do we need to add in the package? the ones I am aware of is the passport, passport renewal form, a copy of signed Canadian residency proof, photograph, a copy of signed Canadian address proof
  • I need to change the Indian address so do I also need to add an address proof?
  • how much money is needed for the cheque?
  • do I need to also provide a return postal package or does BLS take care of it?
  • considering they won't see the actual address and residency proof and just a signed copy of it because we don't add the actual thing in the mail, does it cause any issue? because when we go in person, they probably also verify the actual stuff.
  • do you think we need to show add any education proof so that we do not have the ECR required added in our passport?
1. Landing Paper .
Drivers Licence or Health Card .

You have to fill up the annexture forms whatever is required in your case.

2. It will take approx 111 $ . If you opt for Courier services , the option is on there website , it will cost some money , but they will take your package and returned the renewed passport. This will be done by Purolator

3. Your new passport will have the Canadian address .

4. You have to send all documents in originals as well as photocopies. They will return them in about 20 working days .

5. The Checklist does not show any educational document required , that is because they already issued your previous passport with your educational credentials , that remains same throughout.

qwertyguy

Jan 21, 2018
toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
toronto
1. Landing Paper .
Drivers Licence or Health Card .

You have to fill up the annexture forms whatever is required in your case.

2. It will take approx 111 $ . If you opt for Courier services , the option is on there website , it will cost some money , but they will take your package and returned the renewed passport. This will be done by Purolator

3. Your new passport will have the Canadian address .

4. You have to send all documents in originals as well as photocopies. They will return them in about 20 working days .

5. The Checklist does not show any educational document required , that is because they already issued your previous passport with your educational credentials , that remains same throughout.
on the website, it says that I need to pay $77.4 which includes passport, consular and BLS fee. my confusion lies in the fact that they haven't laid down the fees for return courier so I am wondering if the return courier fee is included in that $77.4 or do I have to also provide a return courier package.

and did you literally also include all the originals in your package? I wonder how long will I be able to live without the driver's license in my pocket.

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
on the website, it says that I need to pay $77.4 which includes passport, consular and BLS fee. my confusion lies in the fact that they haven't laid down the fees for return courier so I am wondering if the return courier fee is included in that $77.4 or do I have to also provide a return courier package.

and did you literally also include all the originals in your package? I wonder how long will I be able to live without the driver's license in my pocket.
That fees is for minors .
For Adults its 110.4 $

That BLS is not courier fees .

For pick up you look at following link
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/vas/

Yes , you have to include the originals , that is what I did.

I used health Card as Identity document.

qwertyguy

Jan 21, 2018
toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
toronto
That fees is for minors .
For Adults its 110.4 $

That BLS is not courier fees .

For pick up you look at following link
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/vas/

Yes , you have to include the originals , that is what I did.

I used health Card as Identity document.
so it seems the $110.4 includes the return courier fee too? sorry, it's not clearly mentioned on the site and hence the question.