+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Removing restrictions and mandates...

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
So it looks like the Federal government are finally removing their restrictions (all hinging on JT signing off on them) at the end of this month.

Woohoo! Only a year late but if they do it it does mean that I can activate my PR. Assuming it happens I'll be booking my flight for the end of October (got a week off work so I'll take 5 days out in BC, jump through the immigration hoops and try to see my brother in his care facility. Oh, and relax!

I've got my ex sister in law's address for the PR card to be delivered to (pretty sure they don't ship them overseas... Need to dig out a bunch of papers and re-research a few things but it looks like things are a go finally!

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
So it looks like the Federal government are finally removing their restrictions (all hinging on JT signing off on them) at the end of this month.

Woohoo! Only a year late but if they do it it does mean that I can activate my PR. Assuming it happens I'll be booking my flight for the end of October (got a week off work so I'll take 5 days out in BC, jump through the immigration hoops and try to see my brother in his care facility. Oh, and relax!

I've got my ex sister in law's address for the PR card to be delivered to (pretty sure they don't ship them overseas... Need to dig out a bunch of papers and re-research a few things but it looks like things are a go finally!
I hope the restrictions/requirements are listed but did they prevent you from landing previously?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Correct about the PR card only being mailed to a Canadian address.

Shouldn't be too many `hoops' to jump through; usually a pretty painless process...even in BC. LOL! Feel free to ask more questions if you'd like.

Congrats!

Reactions: theguv

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
I hope the restrictions/requirements are listed but did they prevent you from landing previously?
I'm not jabbed so if I were to land under the current reg's I'd need to be under house arrest for 14 days. I can't afford to spend 14 days sat in a HoJo watching cable and eating dorritos to prove I don't have a cold!

If the regs are dropped at the end of the month then I can get out there for a few days, land, see my bro and get back to the UK to work and ditch my stuff.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not jabbed so if I were to land under the current reg's I'd need to be under house arrest for 14 days. I can't afford to spend 14 days sat in a HoJo watching cable and eating dorritos to prove I don't have a cold!

If the regs are dropped at the end of the month then I can get out there for a few days, land, see my bro and get back to the UK to work and ditch my stuff.
Only one `r' in Doritos. LOL!

Not sure why ArriveCAN will be optional though as of Oct 1. A traveler like yourself (who would seem to have been the target traveler the app was designed for) will clearly not choose to use it, if it's no longer mandatory. Not judging you...just stating the obvious.

Last edited: