+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Removing Job Offer points after ITA recieved

Jul 9, 2020
Hi All,

I have 1+ year working experience in Canada. In my Express Entry profile I had mentioned about valid Job offer and 50 points for a valid job offer was added to my score. I received the ITA under CEC category. I am in process of filling up my application. Now I found my employer is giving issues/reluctant to give me an offer letter in proper CIC format. If I remove the Job offer points (50 points) - My score would still be above the CRS cutoff score when I got my ITA.

Please suggest if its okay and advisable to remove the job offer from my application and proceed with my application, and explain this in a LOE - as why I removed the job offer option. I was concerned if this would impact anything in my application processing.

Thanks.

Reactions: @Ramanjot
Jul 9, 2020
@primaprime
Mine is LMIA exempted - as I am in ICT WP visa.

Mine main concern was - if I remove the job offer points, can it cause any issues in further processing of my application - any negative impression on the Visa officer ect.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Any change can delay your processing. Why can't you get a letter from your employer? It doesn't cost them anything.

Jul 9, 2020
@primaprime
Thanks for your reply.

I have not submitted my application yet.
My employer has given me a letter which mentions this statement "At this time, the company intends to continue this employment for at least one year after his permanent resident visa is issued, subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the employment contract." Also, in the letter it is mentioned that I am full time employee, date of start of employment, my responsibilities ect. But they refused to mention the Salary and Working hours in the letter - because its a continued employment and not a fresh job employment.
To support the Salary and working hours - I am planning to attach an employment proof letter and Salary Slips of past 3-4 months.

1. Would this would be a good support letter to prove a valid job offer?
2. If not what is safe option - should I just remove the job offer points from my application and then submit it. As even I reduce the 50 points from my score, I am still above the CRS cutoff of my ITA date.

Last edited:

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
If you don't need the 50 points to stay above the cutoff I suppose you could simply remove it from your e-APR with a letter of explanation as to why.

Bindupriya

Feb 13, 2021
Hi Yogesh, Did you remove the job offer from the application and explained in LOE? Did CIC raise any concerns ?

Deenat

May 24, 2020
Hi I am also in a similar situation.. I moved out of country so no job offer points now, but I didn’t update my ee profile.. I have got ita now.. can I remove it?

Vs_raj

Apr 5, 2018
Hi,
I got its on feb13. My employer gave offer letter. But he is not giving lmia copy. Lmia dates and number alone he gave. Is lmia copy required for or application.
Raj

riyazden

Jul 13, 2020
@primaprime
Thanks for your reply.

I have not submitted my application yet.
My employer has given me a letter which mentions this statement "At this time, the company intends to continue this employment for at least one year after his permanent resident visa is issued, subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the employment contract." Also, in the letter it is mentioned that I am full time employee, date of start of employment, my responsibilities ect. But they refused to mention the Salary and Working hours in the letter - because its a continued employment and not a fresh job employment.
To support the Salary and working hours - I am planning to attach an employment proof letter and Salary Slips of past 3-4 months.

1. Would this would be a good support letter to prove a valid job offer?
2. If not what is safe option - should I just remove the job offer points from my application and then submit it. As even I reduce the 50 points from my score, I am still above the CRS cutoff of my ITA date.
Hi Yogesh,

I am facing the same situation, post ITA removing the job offer does not impact the CRS draw cut-off, what was your final decision and how it went while processing AOR? please throw some light to take a proper direction. awaiting for your response my friend.

preethi826

Feb 25, 2021
Hi Yogesh,

I am facing the same situation, post ITA removing the job offer does not impact the CRS draw cut-off, what was your final decision and how it went while processing AOR? please throw some light to take a proper direction. awaiting for your response my friend.
Please let me know how did you proceed. I'm facing a similar situation.

preethi826

Feb 25, 2021
Hi I am also in a similar situation.. I moved out of country so no job offer points now, but I didn’t update my ee profile.. I have got ita now.. can I remove it?

Please let me know how did you proceed. I'm facing a similar situation. I'm moving out this month-end.