+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remote Work Experience

dhruv850

Apr 14, 2017
Hi everyone, I know it could be repetitive thread but wanted to ask and get opinions.

Here is my situation.

1. I got invitation on 18th January and as of today me and my spouse have CRS score of 496.

2. My work experience is dated from 06th January, 2021 to the today's date.

3. Out of these 2 years of experience, I was in India for 4 months, working remote for the same employer in Canada paying the taxes, getting a pay stub and depositing that to bank account in Canada.

4. Currently in my express entry profile's CRS score, it is giving points of 2 years of experience.

5. Also, it gives me around 20 months of in Canada experience, which makes me eligible for the minimum requirements.

Recently, I came to a thread stating that remote work experience can not be counted towards CEC work experience. However, my representative (RCIC Member) says that, as long as you have the canadian pay stubs and pay taxes - it is fine.

I am super confused, what should I do?

Should I decline the invitation and wait for it to go below 485, on the latest draw cut off was 490 and if I remove 2 year experience my score would be 485.

Or go with submitting the documents after accepting the ITA?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Hi everyone, I know it could be repetitive thread but wanted to ask and get opinions.

Here is my situation.

1. I got invitation on 18th January and as of today me and my spouse have CRS score of 496.

3. Out of these 2 years of experience, I was in India for 4 months, working remote for the same employer in Canada paying the taxes, getting a pay stub and depositing that to bank account in Canada.

4. Currently in my express entry profile's CRS score, it is giving points of 2 years of experience.

5. Also, it gives me around 20 months of in Canada experience, which makes me eligible for the minimum requirements.

Recently, I came to a thread stating that remote work experience can not be counted towards CEC work experience. However, my representative (RCIC Member) says that, as long as you have the canadian pay stubs and pay taxes - it is fine.

Should I decline the invitation and wait for it to go below 485, on the latest draw cut off was 490 and if I remove 2 year experience my score would be 485.

Go ahead with your application, when you have worked for those 4 months and paid by your employer, where is the issue?

In your travel history also you should and will have to mention that period, no issues again

TC

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
I have heard that WE while working from outside CA does not count. You can watch videos on this topic from Ask Kubeir on YouTube. He has mentioned it a few times.

Reactions: Taran D

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
do you have the link?
Work experience gained outside of Canada does not count towards Canadian experience. Read the full Twitter thread.

https://immigrationnewscanada.ca/express-entry-cec-understanding-remote-work-self-employed/#:~:text=Even if you work for,and work under legal authorization.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/does-remote-work-count-as-canadian-work-experience-working-from-home-within-canada.689739/

You should decline the invitation if you need the points from the full 2 years to meet the cutoff. And update your profile to split the work experience between Canada and India.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020

Here is my situation.

Yes although you were getting paid in your Canadian bank account but still you were outside of Canada . Remote work is counted while you are inside Canada .You will be mentioning that in your address history so can be easily verified by IRCC.

dhruv850

Apr 14, 2017
So I declined the invitation and changed the work experience location from Canada to India for that particular time.

My CRS score is still the same?

Any idea why that has happened?

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
So I declined the invitation and changed the work experience location from Canada to India for that particular time.

My CRS score is still the same?

Any idea why that has happened?
It might take a while to update the score. You edited, saved and submitted everything, right?

Fasiha

Jan 15, 2019
Hi!
Will my work will be counted for minimum criteria to enter Express entry(FSW) pool based in the following senerio?
I worked for an employer remotely in my own country(I am citizen of that country) continuously for 1 year.
Pay slips, experience letter is available, as well as the proof that filed taxes in my own country.
During that 1 year, I stayed in my own country(where the employer is based) for 4.5 months. I was in Canada for the rest of the time(On the post graduate work permit).
My work experience does not overlaps with my study duration, I started working after completing my studies.
I do not wish it to be counted as Canadian experience(As I know it will not be counted as that)
I just want to be counted towards the minimum requirement to enter FSW express entry pool even if I don't get CRS points for it.