+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reminder about AOR

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
There are a lot of applicants getting panicked and agitated about AOR.

This is a reminder that there is no promised processing time for AOR.

Just because some people got it in 2 weeks, does not mean that you will.

Just because it was trending at 8 weeks for a length of time, does not mean it will continue to do so.

IRCC has recently changed the intake office to Sydney, we do not have enough data to understand the updated average timelines to receive AOR.

When I applied in March 2017 I received AOR in 10 days. Within a matter of weeks the trend jumped to 6 to 8 weeks. There is no real consistency to this part of the process and it's important to exercise patience and look at this as a 12 month total target timeline for processing, otherwise you will drive yourself crazy.

In addition, take what the call center says with a grain of salt. When they say "we are processing xxxxx date" and you applied before that, it does not mean they skipped over you. It's not uncommon for people who applied after you to receive updates before you, as frustrating as that may be.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrrudio and Will_PA

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Good information . Please keep us up to date if you have any more fresh info. :)

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
There are a lot of applicants getting panicked and agitated about AOR.

This is a reminder that there is no promised processing time for AOR.

Just because some people got it in 2 weeks, does not mean that you will.

Just because it was trending at 8 weeks for a length of time, does not mean it will continue to do so.

IRCC has recently changed the intake office to Sydney, we do not have enough data to understand the updated average timelines to receive AOR.

When I applied in March 2017 I received AOR in 10 days. Within a matter of weeks the trend jumped to 6 to 8 weeks. There is no real consistency to this part of the process and it's important to exercise patience and look at this as a 12 month total target timeline for processing, otherwise you will drive yourself crazy.

In addition, take what the call center says with a grain of salt. When they say "we are processing xxxxx date" and you applied before that, it does not mean they skipped over you. It's not uncommon for people who applied after you to receive updates before you, as frustrating as that may be.
I know this a 2018 thread, but I wanted to get your thoughts on no AOR for March 29 received date. It has been 42 days. At what point should I start to worry. I understand there was someone who got it after 64 or so days but do you think there is anything uniquely different about the process of issuing AORs or just agent workload?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I know this a 2018 thread, but I wanted to get your thoughts on no AOR for March 29 received date. It has been 42 days. At what point should I start to worry. I understand there was someone who got it after 64 or so days but do you think there is anything uniquely different about the process of issuing AORs or just agent workload?
Only if 3 or more months go by I would start to look into it.

Reactions: glen1990