AOR Received.
04/04/2019
3 weeks since new medicals reflected passed on application and still nothing :(

Reactions: nns14 and Y@$h

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Finally, we have got the VISA stamped. We will pick up the passports soon. The online status states "Approved" with the counterfoil numbers.

This forum has been such a big help! Thank you everyone!! The people who are still waiting, don't loose hope, your turn will come soon.

I will be active in this forum to help my fellow forum members :)

Richa kohli

Aug 7, 2019
Hello members
I was reading the threads, just wanted to know does ppr really takes 13 to 15 months and not 6 months which is the timeline mentioned in the immigration and citizenship site?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Hello members
I was reading the threads, just wanted to know does ppr really takes 13 to 15 months and not 6 months which is the timeline mentioned in the immigration and citizenship site?
6 months or less are for straight forward cases. The cases which are complicated or requires review or additional verifications then it may take up to 15 or more months depending on case by case basis

Reactions: Richa kohli

Y@$h

Nov 13, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Hello members
I am in my 20th month, and still waiting for re-meds to pass. But, it doesn’t mean everyone’s app takes that long. I am in the minority - rare cases (god knows why)!
Having said that, 6 months is also a rare situation these days. Except something in 6-10 months

Y@$h

Nov 13, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
3 weeks since new medicals reflected passed on application and still nothing :(
2.5 weeks and waiting for re-meds to pass. BUT, got hold of a super helpful agent on the phone today. She explained to me in detail that some health dept reviews and manually uploads the results once they are uploaded by the doc. Unless this dept manually uploads the results, they do not show on your account (till this point, it says medical exam is needed, this step can take 3 weeks to 6 months). A note can be sent to this team if no action is taken for 3 months, but she has seen it happening only once in 2 years (that too was due to results going under some wrong profile).
Once it shows on your account, next it waits for the officer to pick your file again and make the decision.
She explained how it involves many steps, and how people (including me) get anxious when they don’t see any progress :D

Reactions: ouadrasi

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
@ouadrasi which is your VO?

Once it shows on your account, next it waits for the officer to pick your file again and make the decision.
Yes. Uff. This is where I am at. It's been a week since remedical pass but no PPR yet.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I am in my 20th month, and still waiting for re-meds to pass. But, it doesn’t mean everyone’s app takes that long. I am in the minority - rare cases (god knows why)!
Having said that, 6 months is also a rare situation these days. Except something in 6-10 months
Did you order notes to see what's going on?

ouadrasi

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
04/04/2019
2.5 weeks and waiting for re-meds to pass. BUT, got hold of a super helpful agent on the phone today. She explained to me in detail that some health dept reviews and manually uploads the results once they are uploaded by the doc. Unless this dept manually uploads the results, they do not show on your account (till this point, it says medical exam is needed, this step can take 3 weeks to 6 months). A note can be sent to this team if no action is taken for 3 months, but she has seen it happening only once in 2 years (that too was due to results going under some wrong profile).
She explained how it involves many steps, and how people (including me) get anxious when they don’t see any progress :D
I got a response to a webform query I sent right after the generic reponse , this time the agent was more specific, so I have:
  • The eligibility verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
Maybe it is just overthinking, with this information and with medicals passed, what else should I expect at this point? Based always on what i see in this Forum, I saw a person or two who took them near two months from remeds passed to PPR so still no reason for alarm, the frustration comes when for the vast majority this transition takes max a 10 natural days. Like Dave Chappelle said "It feels like it is only happening to you" :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Y@$h

Y@$h

Nov 13, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Did you order notes to see what's going on?
I have not ordered it recently, since I have already crossed re-meds. I had obtained them in the past, where I got to know that my file was “on hold” status for long, and some additional verifications were happening.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I have not ordered it recently, since I have already crossed re-meds. I had obtained them in the past, where I got to know that my file was “on hold” status for long, and some additional verifications were happening.
Usually remedicals are asked when everything is passed but its always wise to get the notes to see what's going on with the application
Try calling ircc call centre to ask if eligibility, criminality, security has all passed or not and if anything like review required is required or not or any verification etc.

Y@$h

Nov 13, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Usually remedicals are asked when everything is passed but its always wise to get the notes to see what's going on with the application
Try calling ircc call centre to ask if eligibility, criminality, security has all passed or not and if anything like review required is required or not or any verification etc.
I have called them thrice in the last three weeks, and all three times they did confirm that everything else (eligibility, criminal it y and security) has been cleared.

Anaars

Jan 19, 2020
Why was updated PCC asked? Didn't you submit it before? Which country's PCC was asked?
It was for Australia for my spouse. I submitted it earlier but I guess the previous one is not valid any more, as my case has been dragged for more then 19 months now. In last request they ask for updated PCC for myself but may be forgot to ask for my spouse at that time. Soon I submitted mine they sent another request.