Exam date 12/10/2019 first attempt
Result date 25/10/2019
Initial scores LRWS 8.5,8,6.5,6.5 respectively
Eor applied on 1/11/2019 for both speaking and writing
Eor score change sms on 28/11/2019
Sent old trf on same date
Received new trf 11/12/2
Both speaking and writing changed to 7

My personal opinion is go for eor if you are confident and if it is a 0.5 difference
Always apply for two modules writing and speaking
And only apply for eor if you are patient enough throughout the process ....All the best for everyone
Hi!

May I ask you the reason behind your suggestion of applying for both speaking and writing? No offense, but I just want to understand it, as I am in a similar situation. Thanks!

usmansharif

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hi!

May I ask you the reason behind your suggestion of applying for both speaking and writing? No offense, but I just want to understand it, as I am in a similar situation. Thanks!
the reason for applying for both is that if your band changes in either one, you will be get the EOR fee back. If band remains same, nothing is returned.

misstchopra23

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
New Delhi, India
the reason for applying for both is that if your band changes in either one, you will be get the EOR fee back. If band remains same, nothing is returned.
Thanks. That makes sense. Do you have any idea if they look at the scores of other modules to assess it? For example, as I have high scores in LRS (8.5/8.5/8), can that be of advantage in re-evaluation of my writing score (6.5)? I'm very disappointed, you know. I'd appeared for IELTS Academic in Canada.

usmansharif

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Thanks. That makes sense. Do you have any idea if they look at the scores of other modules to assess it? For example, as I have high scores in LRS (8.5/8.5/8), can that be of advantage in re-evaluation of my writing score (6.5)? I'm very disappointed, you know. I'd appeared for IELTS Academic in Canada.
Normal routine for BC IELTS EOR is that your module, in which you think you deserved better band will be sent to some higher level professional in either the UK or Australia. your original band is not communicated to them and they assess you from the scratch, as if they are checking it for the first time. You can opt to have all 4 modules re-assessed as the cost will remain same for re-assessment. However, listening and reading is checked by computers first and then by 02 individual checkers. listening is marked by a different person and writing is marked by different one and they just mark the module without knowing results of the remaining. however, youre good in English, so you should select reassessment for all 4 modules.

Aitha

Star Member
Jul 5, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Hello Guys,

After many failed IELTS attempts, I still can't get band 7 in writing. Other modules, I can say, I am getting CLB 10 but writing is stuck at 6.5 although I can see a clear improvement from my very initial attempt.
I am taking IELTS in Toronto and it created doubt in me if they are wantedly giving low scores (or I may be crazy).
Do you guys suggest me to go to my home country (India) and take IELTS this time? Or am I unskilled in writing?

Regards,
Aitha.

Milan Desai

Oct 17, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello Guys,

After many failed IELTS attempts, I still can't get band 7 in writing. Other modules, I can say, I am getting CLB 10 but writing is stuck at 6.5 although I can see a clear improvement from my very initial attempt.
I am taking IELTS in Toronto and it created doubt in me if they are wantedly giving low scores (or I may be crazy).
Do you guys suggest me to go to my home country (India) and take IELTS this time? Or am I unskilled in writing?

Regards,
Aitha.
it doesn’t make any difference anymore. Still you can try it.

hikaru03

Dec 18, 2019
I’m still contemplating if I go with the remarking coz I’ve got 8.5/8/6.5/6.5 in LRWS. I really need a 7 in speaking.

Eluna s

Dec 19, 2019
Guys !! I’ve got a big trouble ! Received results (academic) and it’s Reading -6.5, listening -6.5, speaking - 7 , writing -5 (!!)
How can it be ? Such a big difference between scores . I did a request for re-check . I need at least 5.5 for each element . Do u think it will be successful ?

sd.manojkumar

Jan 21, 2018
Guys i received an email today from IELTS for EOR.
"This is to advise that your re-mark request has been processed and there has been a change to your scores. "

This means there would be only increase, am little worried what if it's a decrease.

I applied for writing.

Test date:
23-Nov-19
Test location:
Bangalore
Test type:
IELTS IDP Computer Delivered

Result date:
28-Nov-19
Scores:
L 8, R 7, W 6.5, S 7.5

Applied EOR for writing only.

EOR date:
28-Nov-19
Email notification:
20-Dec-19

Please advice.

They have asked me to courier the
Old TRF to head office or give it to the nearest test centre.

Would it be safe to deliver to the nearest test center ? Or courier to head office. Which ever way faster to get NEW TRF.

Please advice.

misstchopra23

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
New Delhi, India
"This is to advise that your re-mark request has been processed and there has been a change to your scores. "

This means there would be only increase, am little worried what if it's a decrease.

I applied for writing.

Test date:
23-Nov-19
Test location:
Bangalore
Test type:

Result date:
28-Nov-19
Scores:
L 8, R 7, W 6.5, S 7.5

EOR date:
28-Nov-19
Email notification:
20-Dec-19

Please advice.

Would it be safe to deliver to the nearest test center ? Or courier to head office. Which ever way faster to get NEW TRF.

Please advice.

It's never a decrease. It may increase or remain the same. In your case, it is an increase. So, Congratulations!

It is safe to give it at a nearby test center. Good luck!

Reactions: sd.manojkumar

usmansharif

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019

I applied for writing.

Test date:
23-Nov-19
Test location:
Bangalore
Test type:

Result date:
28-Nov-19
Scores:
L 8, R 7, W 6.5, S 7.5

EOR date:
28-Nov-19
Email notification:
20-Dec-19

Please advice.

Please advice.
congrats. I have the exact same bands i.e. L 8, R 7, W 6.5, S 7.5 but its paper based and its BC . i have applied for writing alone. I am praying that it turns to a 7 as well.

Reactions: sd.manojkumar

maplemom

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
Hi guys, please I need advice. I just got my IELTS results (CDT). I had LRWS 9,9,7,8, overall 8.5 but I really need a 7.5 at least in writing to max out and get my full points. I am contemplating whether to go for a remark but I am somehow scared. Does the score ever reduce after remarking? I am in a dilemma about this because on test day, I didn't properly conclude my essay as I had written the letter first( never knew that I should have started with the essay). Is there a possibility of getting that much needed 0.5? This 7 in writing is costing me 3 CRS points.
Please guide me if you can. Thank you.

mssai14

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hi guys, please I need advice. I just got my IELTS results (CDT). I had LRWS 9,9,7,8, overall 8.5 but I really need a 7.5 at least in writing to max out and get my full points. I am contemplating whether to go for a remark but I am somehow scared. Does the score ever reduce after remarking? I am in a dilemma about this because on test day, I didn't properly conclude my essay as I had written the letter first( never knew that I should have started with the essay). Is there a possibility of getting that much needed 0.5? This 7 in writing is costing me 3 CRS points.
Please guide me if you can. Thank you.
What's your crs now?