+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

luciferindiac

Nov 22, 2019
Hello folks,

I would like to share my experience with IDP IELTS India. I have given IELTS General Exam in India and I have had very bad experience with their scoring criteria. I have evaluated my essays and letters from multiple institutions and according to them I could score more than 7+. I have given IELTS 6 times till today and I have applied for EOR for all. Following is my IELTS score history:

1. L8.0 /R7.0 /W6.5 /S7.0

2. L8.0 /R7.5 /W6.5 /S7.0

3. L8.5 /R7.5 /W6.5 /S7.5

4. L8.5 /R9.0 /W6.5 /S8.0

5. L8.0 /R8.5 /W6.5 /S7.5

6. L9.0 /R9.0 /W6.5 /S8.0

Today, I received my outcome letter from IDP India and score saying there is no change in my score. I certainly believe that IDP India is cheating with students and they are intentionally not giving points in writing section. I have lost trust in IDP India. I think IELTS should provide the essays for EOR applicants so that they can at least evaluate themselves. I think IDP IELTS India is looting the people.

Best wishes.

Last edited:

luciferindiac

Nov 22, 2019
I had applied for EOR for IELTS CD test on 24th of October for writing and my score is L8.5, R9, W6 and S7.
22 days got completed on 14th of November, and the IDP team is still telling me to wait for few more days....fingers crossed
I had also applied on the 24th Oct. received the outcome today. IDP IELTS customer care knows the outcome but they will not share on phone. Did you get the reply?

luciferindiac

Nov 22, 2019
I applied for EOR for my writing. I was very confident that my writing deserve 7.5. But, I got only 6.

I got the EOR result exactly in 21 days. I gave the exam at BC Singapore. If you are confident, go for it.

EOR result came as
**************************************************************************************************************

The IELTS test partners adhere to a strict global procedure for the re-marking of all EORs. All test papers
listed above are remarked independently by British Council Senior Examiners and Clerical Markers. Results
are reported in confidence to the British Council. Please note that results provided by the British Council as
a result of this process are final.
The outcome of your remark is as follows:
Writing The band score awarded for this module has changed from 6 to 7.

****************************************************************************************************************
Did you get an email or hard copy of the letter?

luciferindiac

Nov 22, 2019
I know how it feels.
I have been getting similar scores for the past three attempts. In fact, never scored less than 7.5 in speaking and writing stuck at 6 or 6.5.
Waiting for my results today. Must wait and see what's written for me.

When, with whom, and how did you take your test?
did you give BC or IDP test? did you receive the result?

mssai14

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hello folks,

I would like to share my experience with IDP IELTS India. I have given IELTS General Exam in India and I have had very bad experience with their scoring criteria. I have evaluated my essays and letters from multiple institutions and according to them I could score more than 7+. I have given IELTS 6 times till today and I have applied for EOR for all. Following is my IELTS score history:

1. L8.0 /R7.0 /W6.5 /S7.0

2. L8.0 /R7.5 /W6.5 /S7.0

3. L8.5 /R7.5 /W6.5 /S7.5

4. L8.5 /R9.0 /W6.5 /S8.0

5. L8.0 /R8.5 /W6.5 /S7.5

6. L9.0 /R9.0 /W6.5 /S8.0

Today, I received my outcome letter from IDP India and score saying there is no change in my score. I certainly believe that IDP India is cheating with students and they are intentionally not giving points in writing section. I have lost trust in IDP India. I think IELTS should provide the essays for EOR applicants so that they can at least evaluate themselves. I think IDP IELTS India is looting the people.

Best wishes.
Go with BC next time.

skr_alvaro

Nov 20, 2019
Did my exam last Saturday 16th at Winner Idiomas in São Paulo, Brazil. Got my results online on Tuesday 19th by IDP Australia.
S: 7.5
L: 8
R: 8.5
W: 6.5

I was a little frustrated with the speaking result but 7.5 is fine. For the writing, I was very angry because I spent a lot of money with English native private tutors online to help me on that matter. 2 Hours classes everyday for 2 weeks. plus my job experience. I thought the letter and essay topics were very easy, and I could finish both under 50 minutes, so I had 10 minutes just to review. I was feeling very confident about it, and I couldn't accept the 6.5 I got. I did my EOR in the same day, and I've got a feedback yesterday Nov. 22th. They raised my 6.5 in the writing to 7.0!! I've only requested to review the writing.

S: 7.5
L: 8
R: 8.5
W: 7.0

yeshi2019

Nov 10, 2019
Well Folks , Story of my life.

Lost my US visa after trump was elected due to which my H1 was denied and had to leave to India.

Well this happened 12 months back. But I never lost hope. After months in depression I decided Canada was the next destination and in due process finished my ECA but have been struggling with IELTS for the past 6 months with 6 attempts :

1st attempt LRWS : 8.5,7,6.5,7 ( well I never prepared for writing here so fair enough I received this score)
2nd attempt LRWS : 8.5,8.5,6.5,6.5 (well not sure what happened here as I gave a decent attempt here)
3rd attempt LRWS : 7,7,6,7 (I was sick on the day of the exam and my writing was that good either)
4th attempt LRWS : 8.5,6.5,7.5,7 (Yes you saw it right, I messed up in reading however my writing score had drastic improvement, but coldn't believe my luck for messing up in reading section )
5th attempt LRWS :9,9,6.5,7.5 (Yes I am back to square one , I followed the same pattern as my previous attempt where I received 7.5)
6th attempt : Scored withheld - this was through British Council - After multiple calls to them they told me it was randomly done for quality control ( are you fckn kidding me)- If a god damn organisation wanted to quality control they should do it at their own expense and not with candidate's time and future.

I feel disappointed and depressed these days as I already lost a lot previous year with my US visa. In addition to that, IELTS is playing with my life now. I feel like I don't have any control over my future. Now British Council on top of my frustration is even refusing to release results. Anyone here faced this scenario ? Now I am waiting both for my EOR and British Council result. Why GOD !!!!! why me :(...I hope you all get your desired results and accomplish phenomenal feats in your life and not end up as a loser like me...Good luck and god bless you all

mssai14

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hope you
Well Folks , Story of my life.

Lost my US visa after trump was elected due to which my H1 was denied and had to leave to India.

Well this happened 12 months back. But I never lost hope. After months in depression I decided Canada was the next destination and in due process finished my ECA but have been struggling with IELTS for the past 6 months with 6 attempts :

1st attempt LRWS : 8.5,7,6.5,7 ( well I never prepared for writing here so fair enough I received this score)
2nd attempt LRWS : 8.5,8.5,6.5,6.5 (well not sure what happened here as I gave a decent attempt here)
3rd attempt LRWS : 7,7,6,7 (I was sick on the day of the exam and my writing was that good either)
4th attempt LRWS : 8.5,6.5,7.5,7 (Yes you saw it right, I messed up in reading however my writing score had drastic improvement, but coldn't believe my luck for messing up in reading section )
5th attempt LRWS :9,9,6.5,7.5 (Yes I am back to square one , I followed the same pattern as my previous attempt where I received 7.5)
6th attempt : Scored withheld - this was through British Council - After multiple calls to them they told me it was randomly done for quality control ( are you fckn kidding me)- If a god damn organisation wanted to quality control they should do it at their own expense and not with candidate's time and future.

I feel disappointed and depressed these days as I already lost a lot previous year with my US visa. In addition to that, IELTS is playing with my life now. I feel like I don't have any control over my future. Now British Council on top of my frustration is even refusing to release results. Anyone here faced this scenario ? Now I am waiting both for my EOR and British Council result. Why GOD !!!!! why me :(...I hope you all get your desired results and accomplish phenomenal feats in your life and not end up as a loser like me...Good luck and god bless you all
Hope you get 7 in EOR.

mbel1014

Nov 4, 2019
I think IELTS is just a not very well structured exam, don't actually believe it's a scam or something like that. I've read India, Pakistan and a couple of other countries are having issues with their local IDP but is more a focused problem; lack of qualified staff and maybe some administrative chaos but nothing beyond that. If you see, most of the remark success cases come from those countries and at the end of the day, the remark success is not a business for IELTS as they refund that fee so...

I do think it's not a good test as the writing band has a tremendously big difference of difficulty against the other 3 and it's an structural problem on how it's marked, I've done the TOEFL and Michigan Test before and I can tell you guys those are fair tests, you kind of get the same score in all bands and once you receive the result you actually feel it correspond to you English level in most cases. IELTS is the first test I had to study for the test itself more than English grammar, vocabulary, cohesion, etc etc, it's basically write what they want you to write instead of what you want and the way you want it.

Is that fair? I think is not but it is what it is and there's no much we can do about it but study and study and make them happy with a couple of essays and letters that do no represent our opinions but what they want to read...

I'm waiting for the results of my second attempt (first time I have to repeat a test) and hopefully they will find in my writing what they wanted and this annoying part of my process will end...

As per my EOR experience, somebody at the U of Auckland told me is almost useless to ask for a remark in any country of the Commonwealth as they are quite accurate with the markings and the chance of getting a positive answer is very low (still, there are a few cases in this forum).

Do not think of the IELTS as a dumb barrier, look at it as another step to get the future you want for you and your family and try to get through it doing what you have to do, in this case just making happy a not so well organized language institution and improving your skills in the meantime.

Keep moving forward people, we're almost there...

Reactions: mssai14