+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

BPreet Singh

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Hello everyone
I sat for the 29 June GT exam under BC and got the scores for LRWS as 9 9 7 6.5. I was worried about the writing component as people usually get stuck at 6.5 in it. But, the result was a shocking one as I got 6.5 in Speaking which I was more confident about. Filed an EOR on speaking on 13 July and got acknowledgement on 16th. Didn't hear anything from them after that. On contacting them today,they replied that EOR is being under process and is currently in UK. Hoping for an increment in speaking as that will push my crs score to 465.
where did you gave your exam?

andreiger

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
Netherlands
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2019
Did you get an acknowledgment from BC when they received your EOR request?
I requested my EOR at the BC centre where I took the exam. The entire conversation was by email.
They ensured me that everything was sent to England and the EOR is being processed.
I can only trust them and wait for the outcome now.

So no acknowledgement from BC - UK, to be more specific :)

Umera

Apr 7, 2017
I requested my EOR at the BC centre where I took the exam. The entire conversation was by email.
They ensured me that everything was sent to England and the EOR is being processed.

When did you apply for EOR?
I have applied for EOR on 23rd July at BC, after a week I got a confirmation email from BC that they have received my request for remark. I just need 0.5 increase in writing module, as I got 6.5. Let's wait and hope for the best.

R@$hM!

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
I have applied for EOR on 23rd July at BC, after a week I got a confirmation email from BC that they have received my request for remark. I just need 0.5 increase in writing module, as I got 6.5. Let's wait and hope for the best.
I am in the same situation as you. I applied for the EOR on 3rd August and need a 0.5 increase in the writing.. However I am yet to receive any confirmation email. Hope I don't have to write it again and it changes.

Reactions: Umera

R@$hM!

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019

Oh..I applied for my EOR directly in the office. So I assume I won't get any confirmation email.

Hope I get my revaluation results soon. This wait is unbearable.

Umera

Apr 7, 2017
I am in the same situation as you. I applied for the EOR on 3rd August and need a 0.5 increase in the writing.. However I am yet to receive any confirmation email. Hope I don't have to write it again and it changes.
I can understand waiting for the outcome after applying for EOR looks like as if the time has stopped. It has been only two days since you have applied, you might get a confirmation after a week or so. I have applied for remark directly at the centre.Don't worry try be optimistic and hope for the best.

andreiger

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
Netherlands
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2019
I sent the mail to apply for EOR and made the payment on 19th (Friday) of July. The following week on Tuesday I sent them another email to ask for the status and they told me "the EOR is being processed". Since then, I haven't heard a word from them.
Now, I'm supposed to receive a letter or an email, even they didn't know exactly how this goes.

I'm so tired of this IELTS, took it twice already and screwed up the writing part.
I'm an engineer, my brain does cope well with essays :))

For pen&paper tests takes around 4 weeks or so to receive an answer, from what I've read.
We have to wait :)

Umera

Apr 7, 2017
I sent the mail to apply for EOR and made the payment on 19th (Friday) of July. The following week on Tuesday I sent them another email to ask for the status and they told me "the EOR is being processed". Since then, I haven't heard a word from them.
Now, I'm supposed to receive a letter or an email, even they didn't know exactly how this goes.

I'm so tired of this IELTS, took it twice already and screwed up the writing part.
I'm an engineer, my brain does cope well with essays :))

For pen&paper tests takes around 4 weeks or so to receive an answer, from what I've read.
We have to wait :)
Oh...ok. You gave only twice, this was my fifth attempt despite of getting twice 7.5 in writing in my previous attempts, but somehow was lacking in listening module. But now I got 9 in listening and 6.5 in writing...☹. Yeah I guess we have wait....as there is no other option

Reactions: andreiger

andreiger

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
Netherlands
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2019
Oh...ok. You gave only twice, this was my fifth attempt despite of getting twice 7.5 in writing in my previous attempts, but somehow was lacking in listening module. But now I got 9 in listening and 6.5 in writing...☹. Yeah I guess we have wait....as there is no other option
Listening can be really nasty sometimes... encountered some difficult practice tests a while ago.
Luckily in the exams I managed to score L9 R9, but the writing part is really destroying me... :))
Two attempts so far yeah. And most likely the last ones, although I'm thinking to take a CB test too, if my EOR fails this time. (After first exam I didn't go for EOR, perhaps I should've done it).

aurocker

Aug 5, 2019
Hi guys... L R S W : 9,7.5,8,6.5
BC | Computer-delivered | Hyderabad(IN) | 28 July 2019

Going ahead with EOR. Fingers crossed :| Anyone from Hyd who got their band updated after EOR ?

Anu66

Jun 28, 2019
EOR Success Story:
Exam Date: 22nd June, 2019
Score: L/R/W/S 9/9/6.5/8
Eor applied: 1st July, 2019
Acknowledgment : 2nd July , 2019
Eor result: 5th August, 2019
Result: Writing increased from 6.5 to 7
British Council, South Africa

Guys.. just one advise. Even if you are not 100% sure about what you wrote, just apply for an eor still. You never know when it’s you day :)

andreiger

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
Netherlands
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2019
EOR Success Story:

Guys.. just one advise. Even if you are not 100% sure about what you wrote, just apply for an eor still. You never know when it’s you day :)
Congrats!!
I did apply having in mind exactly what you're saying!
I know I have some tiny mistakes, but I believe I deserve a 7 so I just applied! Congrats to you again :):)

Reactions: Anu66

Tanvirk

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
EOR Success Story:

Congrats!!! After how many days did they ask for your old trf ? I got an acknowledgement from their side on 16 July and has been waiting since then. Fingers crossed for .5 increment in speaking.

Anu66

Jun 28, 2019
Congrats!!! After how many days did they ask for your old trf ? I got an acknowledgement from their side on 16 July and has been waiting since then. Fingers crossed for .5 increment in speaking.
I have been following up with them from last one week since I didn’t hear anything from them even after 28days. They sent me an email today with a letter from British council, UK with the change in score and they asked for my old trf.