Rajwinder singh brar

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Hello everyone!

I would like to share my EOR success story:

Test date: 01 June 2019.
Original score: LRWS 8,7.5,6.5,9.
EOR date: 14th June 2018.
Module: General Training. Applied for writing.
Test center: Miami, FL. (BC).
Response from BC: 08 July 2019
Revised score: LRWS 8,7.5,7.5,9.

I had already taken the IELTS exam on November 2018 but sadly missed CLB 9 as I got a 7.5 in listening. I lost focus for a while and missed many questions. The scores were: LRWS 7.5,7.5,7.5,8.5. I decided to wait for a while and prepare better for the listening section.

For the second attempt, I was very confident about my writing but I was shocked when I saw the results on June 14th. I knew something was wrong as I had gotten a 7.5 before and I was sure that my performance was better than a 6.5. I paid the EOR fee the same day but did not get a notification later on. My handwriting is not the best so that was my only concern. I really did not want to take this exam again.

I was able to read every single post on this thread while waiting and many others and this gave me hope. I remember vividly the sleepless nights but still managed to be positive. I prayed a lot. God was my comfort. So many success stories but also so many unchanged scores. Every case is different and it depends on how sure you are about your performance and also a bit of luck.

I did notice that my score was changed two days after I received the notification from BC that my score was changed.

A piece of advice, prepare well (identify your weaknesses and turn them into strengths), believe in yourself and if you are confident enough that the results posted do not show your real performance, give EOR a try. Pray for the best but prepare for the worst. I was already preparing to give another attempt on august while waiting but I’m glad that’s not going to happen.

Nothing worth having comes easy so keep fighting for your dreams! Failures makes us who we are but the attitude in which you respond to them is what makes a difference. Let’s go for more success stories!

New CRS score is 475.
What message you received from bc before your new trf

harry3190

Star Member
Jul 29, 2018
Hi All

I took the ielts exam thru BC on 29th June, 2019 and My score is L-8.5, R-7, W-6.5 :( and S-8. This is my 4th attempt...

I am confuse whether to proceed with re-evaluation or not?
can someone guide? and if had similar experience, please share.

alwezali

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hi All

I took the ielts exam thru BC on 29th June, 2019 and My score is L-8.5, R-7, W-6.5 :( and S-8. This is my 4th attempt...

Yes go ahead, speaking and writing are inter related, and since your speaking score is good, hopefully your writing score will also increase.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Hi All

Did u ensure the parameters such as TA, Cohesion and coherence, Good Vocabulary, punctuation, Grammar were under control?
Were u confident during the exam hall that u will nail writing.
If all good, pls go ahead.

06Kahlon

May 11, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I had my Ielts GT exam with BC on 11May and applied EOR (speaking and Writing ) on same day of result on 24th May.
It’s been more than 7 weeks and I haven’t heard anything about my results.
Ielts Centre is saying they take 6 to 8 weeks max. So this is 8th week running!
I don’t know why BC is so sluggish with EOR processing.

My Ielts score L/R/S/W= 8.5/7.5/6.5/6
Overall 7 Band

Last edited:

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I had my Ielts GT exam with BC on 11May and applied EOR (speaking and Listening) on same day of result on 24th May.
It been more than 7 weeks and I haven’t heard anything about my results.
I don’t know why BC is slow sluggish with EOR processing.

Overall 7 Band
As far as I heard from people, the more time it takes, the more changes of a positive result. Actually, the TAT for processing EOR has got reduced to 28 days max and it used to be 6 to 8 weeks in the past.
Anyways, Listening scores' increase according to me has very less chance of an increment. Most people got their upgrade from 6.5 to 7 either in Writing or in Speaking.
Listening and Reading are objective and chance of an increment on these are almost slim. But yes, it is worth a try if you are super confident on your performance. Good luck for the outcome

IELTS_taker

Jul 11, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I had my Ielts GT exam with BC on 11May and applied EOR (speaking and Listening) on same day of result on 24th May.
It been more than 7 weeks and I haven’t heard anything about my results.
I don’t know why BC is slow sluggish with EOR processing.

Overall 7 Band
Their website says 28 days max. They should compensate you by giving one extra band

06Kahlon

May 11, 2019
As far as I heard from people, the more time it takes, the more changes of a positive result. Actually, the TAT for processing EOR has got reduced to 28 days max and it used to be 6 to 8 weeks in the past.
Anyways, Listening scores' increase according to me has very less chance of an increment. Most people got their upgrade from 6.5 to 7 either in Writing or in Speaking.
Listening and Reading are objective and chance of an increment on these are almost slim. But yes, it is worth a try if you are super confident on your performance. Good luck for the outcome
Thanks Buddy!
My Bad! I applied EOR for Speaking n Writing

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Thanks Buddy!
My Bad! I applied EOR for Speaking n Writing
No issues.
Was that through a paper based or Computer Delivered one?
Were you completely confident on your Writing and Speaking part. Cos in my scenario my writing was good and I even had time to revise it before handing the paper to the examiner. But still they gave me 6.5, which is seriously ridiculous.

ripul

Jan 29, 2019
Hello everyone!

I would like to share my EOR success story:

Test date: 01 June 2019.
Original score: LRWS 8,7.5,6.5,9.
EOR date: 14th June 2018.
Module: General Training. Applied for writing.
Test center: Miami, FL. (BC).
Response from BC: 08 July 2019
Revised score: LRWS 8,7.5,7.5,9.

I had already taken the IELTS exam on November 2018 but sadly missed CLB 9 as I got a 7.5 in listening. I lost focus for a while and missed many questions. The scores were: LRWS 7.5,7.5,7.5,8.5. I decided to wait for a while and prepare better for the listening section.

For the second attempt, I was very confident about my writing but I was shocked when I saw the results on June 14th. I knew something was wrong as I had gotten a 7.5 before and I was sure that my performance was better than a 6.5. I paid the EOR fee the same day but did not get a notification later on. My handwriting is not the best so that was my only concern. I really did not want to take this exam again.

I was able to read every single post on this thread while waiting and many others and this gave me hope. I remember vividly the sleepless nights but still managed to be positive. I prayed a lot. God was my comfort. So many success stories but also so many unchanged scores. Every case is different and it depends on how sure you are about your performance and also a bit of luck.

I did notice that my score was changed two days after I received the notification from BC that my score was changed.

A piece of advice, prepare well (identify your weaknesses and turn them into strengths), believe in yourself and if you are confident enough that the results posted do not show your real performance, give EOR a try. Pray for the best but prepare for the worst. I was already preparing to give another attempt on august while waiting but I’m glad that’s not going to happen.

Nothing worth having comes easy so keep fighting for your dreams! Failures makes us who we are but the attitude in which you respond to them is what makes a difference. Let’s go for more success stories!

New CRS score is 475.
Congrats! Good luck with the next steps.

Reactions: sro22

Kavya1

Jul 9, 2019
Exam by BC
Exam date : june 1st
Result announced : 14th june
Applied for EOR and got ack that process has been started : July 1st
Wasted time thinking trf is required to apply for EOR.
Score :LRWS : 8,7,6.5,7
Waiting for +ve result.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Exam by BC
Exam date : june 1st
Result announced : 14th june
Applied for EOR and got ack that process has been started : July 1st
Wasted time thinking trf is required to apply for EOR
Score :LRWS : 8,7,6.5,7
Waiting for +ve result.
I'm exactly in the same boat. My EOR request was accepted on July 2. Called BC now and the said mine is still under process
Fingers crossed and hoping for a positive outcome
Can I ask you if u were completely confident that u did really well and satisfied all the parameters such as TA, Cohesion n Coherence, Good Vocab and Grammar?
Asking this cos in my scenario, im completely confident that mine should be above 6.5 in W and wanted to see ur point of view