+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

prayag9582

Jan 16, 2019
i gave my ielts (academic) through IDP on 15 dec 2018 and got overall 7 ( l-8.5 , r-6, w-7, s-5.5 ) . i don knw how i got 5.5 in speaking .. it ws not expected. 0n 3 jan 2019 i applied eor for speaking module . i need only .5 in speaking . CAN U GUYS TELL IF THERE IS A CHANCE OF .5 INCREASE IN SPEAKING ???? :(

tristam15

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
i gave my ielts (academic) through IDP on 15 dec 2018 and got overall 7 ( l-8.5 , r-6, w-7, s-5.5 ) . i don knw how i got 5.5 in speaking .. it ws not expected. 0n 3 jan 2019 i applied eor for speaking module . i need only .5 in speaking . CAN U GUYS TELL IF THERE IS A CHANCE OF .5 INCREASE IN SPEAKING ???? :(
It is surprising that you got 7 in Writing and only 5.5 in speaking. I think you have a good shot of getting 0.5 increase, but frankly, I do not know how you performed.

Usually people who do well in one aspect do well in others as well, but in your case, the scores are varied. A lot of difference.

prayag9582

Jan 16, 2019
It is surprising that you got 7 in Writing and only 5.5 in speaking. I think you have a good shot of getting 0.5 increase, but frankly, I do not know how you performed.

Usually people who do well in one aspect do well in others as well, but in your case, the scores are varied. A lot of difference.
yes ur right ... and i didnt perform well in reading too.. but i ws confident in l/w/s. Moreover, i ws expecting least in the reading module but surprisingly got 5.5 in speaking !!! i hope they will increase .5 :(

parag777

Jun 26, 2018
Hi All,

I wanted to share my success story so that it can encourage you all in some way or the other.

All 3 attempts with IDP India.

IELTS 1st Attempt (LRWS) - 7.0, 7.5, 6.0, 7.5 - 18th Feb'16 (Paper based)
IELTS 2nd Attempt (LRWS) - 8.5, 7.0, 6.5, 6.5 - 21st Apr'18 (Paper based)
IELTS 3rd Attempt (LRWS) - 8.0, 7.0, 6.0, 7.5 - 15th Dec'18 (Computer based)

EOR applied on 26th Dec'18 and received updated results as - 8.0, 7.0, 7, 7.5 (LRWS), the magic number :). I would suggest you all that if you are really confident about writing/speaking, follow your gut feelings. In my case, I knew that my hand writing could have been an issue and hence decided to go with Computer based. When i got the score lower than paper based, i was sure something is not right. And i am glad that it was corrected.

I received my EOR about a week back, sorry for the delay, but i wanted to come back and post here so that it can help you make an informed decision. For me, these forums have been a tremendous help and thought i should give something back to all of you who continue to share and inspire others.

Reactions: nsbhullar

Inmyview

Jan 16, 2019
Hi All,

I wanted to share my success story so that it can encourage you all in some way or the other.

EOR applied on 26th Dec'18 and received updated results as - 8.0, 7.0, 7, 7.5 (LRWS), the magic number :). I would suggest you all that if you are really confident about writing/speaking, follow your gut feelings. In my case, I knew that my hand writing could have been an issue and hence decided to go with Computer based. When i got the score lower than paper based, i was sure something is not right. And i am glad that it was corrected.

I received my EOR about a week back, sorry for the delay, but i wanted to come back and post here so that it can help you make an informed decision. For me, these forums have been a tremendous help and thought i should give something back to all of you who continue to share and inspire others.
Really very inspiring, thanks for sharing :)

jigesh

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
Hi All,

Truly inspiring.

This happened to me twice so far,

Attempt 1:
LRWS - 8.5/7.5/6.5/7 - didn't go for EOR

Attempt 2:
LRWS - 8/8/7/6.5

For the first attempt, I believe I made a mistake by not opting for EOR, but this time I went for it even though I know I made so many mistakes and there were plenty of self corrections during my speaking test. Let's hope for the best.

tristam15

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hi All,

Congratulations man. Thanks for sharing.

PriyaMokshi

May 24, 2018
Hi All,

I had 4 unsuccessful attempts.. with 6.5 either in speaking/writing each time..
L/R/W/S
1st - 8/7.5/6.5/7.5
2nd - 8.5/8/6.5/6.5
3rd - 8/9/7/6.5
4th - 8.5/7.5/7/6.5 (EOR Unchanged - received the trf yesterday)

I feel very depressed and low. I have not started any of the process yet. Planning to start WES after completing IELTS.
Shall i go for one more attempt or shall i drop out.

Eli31

Mar 26, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi All,

L/R/W/S
1st - 8/7.5/6.5/7.5
2nd - 8.5/8/6.5/6.5
3rd - 8/9/7/6.5

I feel very depressed and low. I have not started any of the process yet. Planning to start WES after completing IELTS.
You are very close to desired score, I wouldn't surrender , practice speaking and writing as much as you can, practice in weak areas is the key

Reactions: PriyaMokshi

Tejasd

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Hi All,

L/R/W/S
1st - 8/7.5/6.5/7.5
2nd - 8.5/8/6.5/6.5
3rd - 8/9/7/6.5

Do not give up. U have worked hard and has given four attempts. You are just .5 away. Definitely you will clear this. Never lose hope. I have seen ppl giving more than 10 attempts. All the best

Reactions: PriyaMokshi

mohitd11

Aug 30, 2018
EOR success

I am writing here to give back to the forum as it really kept me positive. Success stories kept me motivated and finally I am writing my story.

GT - 3 attempts from IDP and was scoring 6.5 in writing. Filled EOR on 28 December and received the TRF today. NO EMAIL NO information from IDP.

TRF is the only way to know your result. and by the way the refund is still pending. :)

Advice : If you are confident about your writing go for the revaluation.

Thanks.

tomking101

Dec 29, 2018
EOR success

I am writing here to give back to the forum as it really kept me positive. Success stories kept me motivated and finally I am writing my story.

GT - 3 attempts from IDP and was scoring 6.5 in writing. Filled EOR on 28 December and received the TRF today. NO EMAIL NO information from IDP.

TRF is the only way to know your result. and by the way the refund is still pending. :)

Advice : If you are confident about your writing go for the revaluation.

Thanks.

Congratz... How did you receive TRF? and from where did you do the IELTS?

lodhiyachirag

Jan 3, 2019
Hello,
MY SCORE IS
Listening - 8.0
Reading - 6.5
Speaking - 7.0
Writing - 7.0
(FROM IDP)
WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF REMARKING IN READING?
SHOUL I APPLY FOR IT?