+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

Inmyview

Jan 16, 2019
EOR success!

Just giving my two cents of advice. This was my 2nd attempt and first time with IDP(CB) 22nd Dec.
Results announced on 28th Dec.
Got LWRS 8.5,6.5,7,7.5.

I was confident about my writing rather than speaking. The results devastated me.
I've been following this thread since then trying to know the success rate.

Decided to apply for EOR as I wss confident. I had followed Jay's method which is considered good.

Applied for EOR on 5th Jan and spent sleepless nights till today. Finally got 7 in writing.

If you are confident of your performance then go ahead with EOR.

All the best to all of you!
Congratulations! I am in the same waiting boat now. As you said I can't do any work, I am also counting my sleepless night.Waiting for EOR result is worse than waiting for actual IELT results. Praying and hoping I will get through EOR.

SUNK

Jan 21, 2019
there might be a good chance of increase in writing and speaking but in reading and listening , either the answer is right or wrong. however, if ur really confident then go for it . It is advisable not to go eor for reading and listening !!!!
It just in previous 3 attempts I scroed 7, 7, 7.5 in reading section...still it’s a complete risk of ₹9500. Surprisingly, no one has experienced change in the reading score even in other forums.

milonurv88

Jan 21, 2019
EOR success

I am writing here to give back to the forum as it really kept me positive. Success stories kept me motivated and finally I am writing my story.

GT - 3 attempts from IDP and was scoring 6.5 in writing. Filled EOR on 28 December and received the TRF today. NO EMAIL NO information from IDP.

TRF is the only way to know your result. and by the way the refund is still pending. :)

Advice : If you are confident about your writing go for the revaluation.

Thanks.
Hello, Could you check your updated score in results.ieltsessentials.com? Or you had to wait until you got your new TRF?

jacquers

Jan 7, 2019
I received my results today from the test taken on 5 January 2019

Listening: 9.0
Reading: 8.5
Writing: 7.0
Speaking: 8.5
Overall Band: 8.5

I need 8 for the writing section. I don't feel like the marking is consistent over all the sections, if it was I should have either received a worse speaking result or better writing result.

I've read that if there is a band score difference of more than 2 in the sections they automatically review the results. I didn't get an email about this, but I was only able to view my results online today (Monday) when they should have been available on Friday.

I know it's rare to get an increase of an entire band score, but do you guys think it's worth doing the EOR?

SyedAli786

Jan 18, 2019
EOR success!

Hi All,

Thank you very for much for the Forum,

I wrote Exam on Computer based IELTS General 13th Dec 2018 IDP Australia. Results got published 19th Dec

Got LWRS 7.5/5.5/6/7.0 ( Pretty sad with my Marks )

I was in dilemma, whether to apply for EOR or not. i already tried my luck on writing Paper based IELTS but no luck

but when i have read success stories here i felt i can have try putting 185 CAD.

I was not confident about writing but still Thinking let it invest 185 CAD

I called IELTS centre and applied for EOR on 7th Jan 2019.

Got a Mail on 17th Jan 2019. That my marks got changed i was very much happy.

L/W/R/S 7.5/6/6/7.0 Overall = 6.5

Thanks a Ton for the Forum ( Without approaching this forum i would not have applied for EOR )

tristam15

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hi guys, I recently took the IELTS exam through BC, my score is as follows S9 R9 L8 W6.5. The writing score really threw me off course and my crs score is much lower as a result, all I need is a .5 increase on my writing score. Would it be wise to go ahead and request a remark? any thoughts?
Bro, it is all about the odds. The odds are higher for your getting 0.5 increased in EoR than you taking the test again and scoring all the above scores that you did well in.

Go with EoR, you are more likely to get an increase in EoR.

Reactions: abbasrem

tristam15

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
EOR success!

Just giving my two cents of advice. This was my 2nd attempt and first time with IDP(CB) 22nd Dec.
Results announced on 28th Dec.
Got LWRS 8.5,6.5,7,7.5.

I was confident about my writing rather than speaking. The results devastated me.
I've been following this thread since then trying to know the success rate.

Decided to apply for EOR as I wss confident. I had followed Jay's method which is considered good.

Applied for EOR on 5th Jan and spent sleepless nights till today. Finally got 7 in writing.

Congratulations!

I applied for my CD IELTS EoR on 12 Dec and still haven't got my response. Yours was quick.

tristam15

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I received my results today from the test taken on 5 January 2019

Listening: 9.0
Reading: 8.5
Writing: 7.0
Speaking: 8.5
Overall Band: 8.5

I need 8 for the writing section. I don't feel like the marking is consistent over all the sections, if it was I should have either received a worse speaking result or better writing result.

I've read that if there is a band score difference of more than 2 in the sections they automatically review the results. I didn't get an email about this, but I was only able to view my results online today (Monday) when they should have been available on Friday.

I know it's rare to get an increase of an entire band score, but do you guys think it's worth doing the EOR?
I got
L 9
R 9
S 8.5
W 7

I applied for EoR (results awaited) because I thought I can get another 0.5 in Writing. I'm not super confident, but I'd like to take my chances. It depends on how well you think you did.

You have a fabulous score, anything above 7.5 in writing is regarded as the same anyway so you can go for an EoR and expect some change.

Reactions: jacquers

ameya_247

Oct 1, 2018
Congratulations! I am in the same waiting boat now. As you said I can't do any work, I am also counting my sleepless night.Waiting for EOR result is worse than waiting for actual IELT results. Praying and hoping I will get through EOR.
You said it right.
I skipped a beat when the courier guy called and said there's a parcel from IELTS.

All thr best to you mate. Be positive

Reactions: Inmyview

ameya_247

Oct 1, 2018
For everyone who is asking if IDP EOR results are updated on portal... The answer is NO!
It's ridiculous that we are giving computer based tests and EOR is still an offline process.
But TRF is the only way to know the results. I did not get anything on ieltsessentials or IDP portal.
All the best to everyone

milonurv88

Jan 21, 2019
For everyone who is asking if IDP EOR results are updated on portal... The answer is NO!
It's ridiculous that we are giving computer based tests and EOR is still an offline process.
But TRF is the only way to know the results. I did not get anything on ieltsessentials or IDP portal.
All the best to everyone
I really appreciate your response!

ssimmigration19

Nov 26, 2018
LRSW - 8,8.5,8,6
General Module.

Can I go ahead with the remark? I gave the test in India with British council, how long does it take usually. The website mentions 2-4 weeks.

tristam15

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
LRSW - 8,8.5,8,6
General Module.

Can I go ahead with the remark? I gave the test in India with British council, how long does it take usually. The website mentions 2-4 weeks.
I applied on Dec 12th for my EoR for CD IELTS. No response till date. People who applied after me also got theirs.

Remarking is a personal choice, chances are you will get a 0.5 increase, but 1 full band is unlikely.

jacquers

Jan 7, 2019
I think the IELTS writing is scored unfairly. I honestly thought I messed up my speaking, but scored 8.5, so it doesn't seem like they mark that too strictly. If the writing was scored the same I should have done better in it, at least as well as my speaking.

abbasrem

Jan 17, 2019
Bro, it is all about the odds. The odds are higher for your getting 0.5 increased in EoR than you taking the test again and scoring all the above scores that you did well in.

Go with EoR, you are more likely to get an increase in EoR.
My thoughts exactly! I'm not much of a gambling man but I like those odds! I wouldn't want to jeopardize the other scores just for one section. In any case I lodged a remark request today, hoping for the best! Thanks bud!