Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
EoR Not Successful

I took my CD IELTS on 4th December and got
L 9
S 8.5
R 9
W 7

I applied for EoR on 12th and wanted a 0.5 increase in writing.

I got the TRF back today with a letter that said no change is there. 9980 down the drain.

So it doesn't always change for the better is what I learned.

tristam15

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I think the IELTS writing is scored unfairly. I honestly thought I messed up my speaking, but scored 8.5, so it doesn't seem like they mark that too strictly. If the writing was scored the same I should have done better in it, at least as well as my speaking.
I thought the same. But I didn't get a change in the EoR.

My score is was
L 9
W 7
S 8.5
R 9

No change in Writing.

jacquers

Jan 7, 2019
I thought the same. But I didn't get a change in the EoR.

My score is was
L 9
W 7
S 8.5
R 9

No change in Writing.
Sorry to hear that. May I ask if your results were available immediately or delayed? Mine were only available online a few days after the results were supposed to be done, but I didn't get an email that mine were being withheld or delayed. I'm actually still waiting for the physical TRF to be delivered. This sometimes happens when you have a band score difference of 2 or more between sections and then they double-check your results. So if yours were delayed / withheld it's possible that it was already reviewed before you did the EoR. I really dislike the IELTS! I'm actually planning to go to Australia, but joined here for the IELTS discussion and I think if my EoR isn't successful I'll go do the PTE-A.

tristam15

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Sorry to hear that. May I ask if your results were available immediately or delayed? Mine were only available online a few days after the results were supposed to be done, but I didn't get an email that mine were being withheld or delayed. I'm actually still waiting for the physical TRF to be delivered. This sometimes happens when you have a band score difference of 2 or more between sections and then they double-check your results. So if yours were delayed / withheld it's possible that it was already reviewed before you did the EoR. I really dislike the IELTS! I'm actually planning to go to Australia, but joined here for the IELTS discussion and I think if my EoR isn't successful I'll go do the PTE-A.
Timeline
Dec 4 - Test
Dec 9 - Results by SMS/Online
Dec 12 - TRF Delivered & EoR submitted
Jan 23 - EoR Result came in Bluedart (No Change)

It took 5 weeks for my EoR, maybe because of Christmas break.

CoolGuy26

Jan 24, 2019
5th Jan 2019 exam Canada location: I got bad result: L,R,S,W : 7, 6.5, 6.5, 5.5. Is it worth to apply for EOR in writing, as I just need 0.5 in writing more to make 6 in each sections and not more than that. IELTS BC.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019
Hey guys,
I appeared for IELTS-GT with IDP on Jan 19. Today, I got the result; LRWS: 9, 7.5,7,7. Though, it is not bad score, I was expecting better in speaking and writing. Getting 7.5 in either or both of these sections will enhance my CRS score and put me at 444+. Currently, I am at the borderline.

Thinking to apply for EOR for writing and speaking both. I have seen examples in this forum where 6.5 increased to 7. But are there any chances to increase from 7 to 7.5?
I did do one vocab mistake in speaking, along with some minor fumble. Writing went very well, with just one wrongly-framed sentence (I am good at knowing my mistake immediately after the exam :D ). What do you guys think? Shall I take my chances with EOR?

Thanks.

prayag9582

Jan 16, 2019
Ok guyss so sharing my ielts eor result , it ws my second attempt !!!!
Ielts (idp) academic
Test date - 15 dec 2018
Result - 28 dec 2018
Got overall 7 ( l-8.5 , r-6, w-7 , s-5.5 :/ )
I ws confident abt my speaking so applied for eor speaking on 3 january 2019 ...

Got eor result today , speaking increase 5.5 to 6.5 :) my ielts journey ends here !!!
Just want to say that if ur confident then go for eor !!! :)

Me_ha_k

Nov 23, 2018
Ielts (idp) academic
Test date - 15 dec 2018
Result - 28 dec 2018
I ws confident abt my speaking so applied for eor speaking on 3 january 2019 ...

Got eor result today , speaking increase 5.5 to 6.5 :) my ielts journey ends here !!!
Congratulations !
Do u get any message or email before receiving the trf?

Inmyview

Jan 16, 2019
C
Ielts (idp) academic
Test date - 15 dec 2018
Result - 28 dec 2018

Congratulations! All the best.

Reactions: prayag9582

CoolGuy26

Jan 24, 2019
Ielts (idp) academic
Test date - 15 dec 2018
Result - 28 dec 2018

your story inspired me and I also applied EOR for my writing. Just need 0.5 in writing from 5.5. Lets us see. I am praying with sleepless nights :( ...................

Reactions: nsbhullar

shijiexing

Nov 20, 2018
Dear all
I just got my IELTS result from January 12th
And my result is:
L-6.5 R-6.5 S-6.5 W-5.5 Overall is 6.5
Should I remark my writing exam?What is the chance of a 0.5 point increase?
I need each sections above 6.0 so Is someone can tell me your experience and give me suggestion.
Thank you all

oryx_np

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Dear all
I just got my IELTS result from January 12th
And my result is:
L-6.5 R-6.5 S-6.5 W-5.5 Overall is 6.5
Should I remark my writing exam?What is the chance of a 0.5 point increase?
I need each sections above 6.0 so Is someone can tell me your experience and give me suggestion.
Thank you all
I don't want to discourage you, if you are confident you should go for remarking.

But considering your scores in other modules, I would suggest you retake the test with some more writing practice.
Increase from 5.5 to 6 is unlikely to happen.

Aspirtant9990

Jul 27, 2018
Hi guys.
(L,R,W,S) = 8.5, 8,5, 6,5, 7.5
honestly, I'm not sure to go for the EOR or not. All what I believe in is that in my previous attempt for IELTS, I was less confident about my writing and I achieved 7. This time, it is 6.5 even though I felt I have performed much better. Let's see what is the outcome of the EOR.