+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

Gourav Sareen

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
@Emmemm07 - received EOR yesterday.
Band score remains unchanged. After 17 weeks, big disappointment and dreams shattered completely.
Lost all faith in God as well as system.
Man!! Don't worry...We need to survive in this system only. Lets face this situation bravely. I have given IELTS 6 times and every time getting .5 short in writing. Waiting for my EOR results by March 23rd. If this will not happen , then I will give again in April , June and July. I knew one person who has given 19 times and got the required band in 20th attempt. So don't stop chasing your dream. Be positive and improve.

saani

Jul 29, 2017
Band score remains unchanged. After 17 weeks, big disappointment and dreams shattered completely.
Don’t loose hope.. nd don’t give up...IA you will get your required score.. i knw it’s very frustrating to take IELTs again ,but we have to struggle for our dreams..

saani

Jul 29, 2017
Man!! Don't worry...We need to survive in this system only. Lets face this situation bravely. I have given IELTS 6 times and every time getting .5 short in writing. Waiting for my EOR results by March 23rd. If this will not happen , then I will give again in April , June and July. I knew one person who has given 19 times and got the required band in 20th attempt. So don't stop chasing your dream. Be positive and improve.
Really impressed by your positive approach. U are right we have to chase our dreams..

Gourav Sareen

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Really impressed by your positive approach. U are right we have to chase our dreams..
I started Canada dream way back in 2015 but was in roller coaster since then. Tried everything for Canada - Federal , PNP , LMIA but still struggling to get the required bands..Spent 4 years in US so I hope my English is not too bad that I am not getting the required bands. So it's all about luck..Spent already 5 lakhs on all these things and waiting for my time to come.:)

Emmemm07

Jan 24, 2018
I’m at loss of words here. I know you were very hopeful and you were completely banking on this result. I can’t imagine what you’re feeling but I can only say one thing that you shouldn’t lose hope. It’s not the end, good luck for your next test !

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
So sorry to hear that @Micky345 ! :(

I am sure you will soon get the score you need. Just keep the faith, keep practising and sit for a re-test when you're ready. As @Emmemm07 says, you should not lose hope.

I just received my re-mark results as well, and God willing, there was an improvement in my writing band from 6.5 to 7.

I am now recording the specifics for others to benchmark against:
Sat for IELTS on: 10Feb18
Centre: British Council, Mauritius
Results submitted for reval (Writing Only): 24Feb18
EoR letter received: 13Mar18
Letter contents: Increase in writing score from 6.5 to 7
Score now (R/L/S/W): 9/8.5/8/7 (overall:8)

Lessons learnt during the process: The BC exams team and the BC customer service desk are sometimes working at cross purposes. The BC customer service representative informed me it takes a week for the results to received at BC London via post, while the BC exams team told me the very next day that the results have been scanned over, as such sensitive documents (from the exam takers perspective) are no longer being sent by post. This helps to really trim timelines for the process, and allows us, as candidates, to keep track of time. I would suggest that we avoid falling into this unnecessary trap of customer service speak to explain away the logic for delays and lags at their end, and liaise directly with the BC exams team at the local BC centre. It worked wonders for me!

Best of luck to all the others who have applied for a reval! Hope you get the scores you need after the EoR :)

Geebee525

Sep 21, 2017
I'm in awe of God. The wait was killing but worth it at the end.
I applied for EOR in writing module on the 27th November and I got a mail just now that my revised TRF will be ready on Friday which is 16th. Writing got upgraded from 6 to 7. I wish everyone the best.

Gourav Sareen

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
I'm in awe of God. The wait was killing but worth it at the end.
I applied for EOR in writing module on the 27th November and I got a mail just now that my revised TRF will be ready on Friday which is 16th. Writing got upgraded from 6 to 7. I wish everyone the best.
Congratulations bro!! What are your final scores?

Gourav Sareen

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
So sorry to hear that @Micky345 ! :(

I am sure you will soon get the score you need. Just keep the faith, keep practising and sit for a re-test when you're ready. As @Emmemm07 says, you should not lose hope.

I just received my re-mark results as well, and God willing, there was an improvement in my writing band from 6.5 to 7.

I am now recording the specifics for others to benchmark against:
Sat for IELTS on: 10Feb18
Centre: British Council, Mauritius
Results submitted for reval (Writing Only): 24Feb18
EoR letter received: 13Mar18
Letter contents: Increase in writing score from 6.5 to 7
Score now (R/L/S/W): 9/8.5/8/7 (overall:8)

Lessons learnt during the process: The BC exams team and the BC customer service desk are sometimes working at cross purposes. The BC customer service representative informed me it takes a week for the results to received at BC London via post, while the BC exams team told me the very next day that the results have been scanned over, as such sensitive documents (from the exam takers perspective) are no longer being sent by post. This helps to really trim timelines for the process, and allows us, as candidates, to keep track of time. I would suggest that we avoid falling into this unnecessary trap of customer service speak to explain away the logic for delays and lags at their end, and liaise directly with the BC exams team at the local BC centre. It worked wonders for me!

Best of luck to all the others who have applied for a reval! Hope you get the scores you need after the EoR :)
Congratulations!!

Reactions: Nishika22

lincy

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Even I did apply for 16th dec test.

Applied in 12th jan 2018. The BC people told me results will be available in first week of April.

Earlier they had told me mid March.
"Dear Candidate,
This is to inform you that there is delay in results for Enquiry on Results (EOR). We will share next update on 23 March, 2018."
No idea what to expect.

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Even I did apply for 16th dec test.

Applied in 12th jan 2018. The BC people told me results will be available in first week of April.

Earlier they had told me mid March.
Hi @lincy, sorry to hear about your experience! The delays must be frustrating indeed. And there is no consistency in experience, even for people applying for re-mark from the same centre. My BC centre in Mauritius, for instance, told me an EoR typically takes 10-12 weeks but there was a candidate who had applied for a re-mark in July'17 and just received her EoR letter this Feb. For myself, I was one of the fortunate ones, as apparently all who applied for a re-mark for the 10Feb18 test received their EoR letters within 3 weeks.

Do keep following up with your BC centre and insist that you wish to escalate to the Complaints Manager if the delays continue. It is the customer service desk that you are dealing with I assume, and they are supposed to render proper service to their customers, as all us IELTS candidates assuredly are. Once you speak to the Complaints Manager, you can expect a marked improvement in the efficiency and follow-up by the customer services team. Best of luck with your efforts in securing your EoR letter, as well as with the results themselves! :)