+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

cvkk2010

Jun 10, 2021
Hi All,

I have recently taken IELTS from Toronto British council and got LRWS--> 8.5, 7, 5.5,7.5

I am planning to apply for EOR, what would be the probability of getting a 0.5 jump in writing?

Apr 1, 2022
The only way to judge if your writing or speaking score could be increased after a revaluation is if y'all uploaded a sample of your writing or speaking. @cvkk2010 do you have a sample of an essay you've written? I could have a look and figure out if it's likely you could get a 6 or not

Reactions: Obrahu
Apr 6, 2021
Hi Guys,

My LRWS score is 9, 8.5, 6.5, 8

Any chance to increase the Writing section by 0.5 band at least during the EoR process. I was confident in my writing section with respect to band descriptors.
I would like to give a brief regarding my IELTS journey and encourage others to go for EoR if they are really confident about their Writing/Speaking

Attempt 1: 27th November, 2021
LRWS => 9 8.5 6.5 8
EoR requested => Yes for Writing only
EoR result => Unsuccessful/Score Unchanged

Attempt 2: 22nd January, 2022
LRWS => 8.5 8 6.5 8

Attempt 3: 12th March, 2022
LRWS => 8.5 9 6.5 8
EoR requested => Yes for Writing only
EoR result => Successful/Score Changed
After EoR, LRWS => 8.5 9 7 8

I was highly confident in my first and third attempt about my EoR, but I couldn't achieve desired outcome in first attempt. However, I was even more confident about my third attempt and no way, I was going to leave it as is without doing an EoR

I hope, my case gives other enough motivation and inspiration that if you feel confident, then go for EoR with respect to Writing / Speaking

I wish best of luck to everyone who aspires to achieve their desired IELTS result

Last edited:

alfakido

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Is there any way to check EOR results? It's been one month since Canada College shipped my results, and I have not received them. I have mailed them like 20 times, but still no success. Since January, I have been waiting to get my physical copy of the results.

Obrahu

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Hi, I recently got my result from IDP. Below is my score :

L - 8.5
R - 8
S - 7
W - 6.5

I was devastated with my result because of low score in writing and it was my 6th attempt. I have two questions in mind.

Q 1. Shall I go for the EOR for both Speaking and Writing to secure the money in case band in either of the module increased?

Q 2. Shall I only go for writing EOR so that they know my requirement upfront of 8777 and give me raise of .5

Please advise

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022

L - 8.5
R - 8
S - 7
W - 6.5

I was devastated with my result because of low score in writing and it was my 6th attempt. I have two questions in mind.

Q 1. Shall I go for the EOR for both Speaking and Writing to secure the money in case band in either of the module increased?

Q 2. Shall I only go for writing EOR so that they know my requirement upfront of 8777 and give me raise of .5

Please advise
You could try for an EOR for one or both, it is pretty much the same amount. IELTS does not bother about the 8777 requirement, nor does going for EOR mean there would be a band increase. You can try for it, in the meantime, look at CELPIP if you are not getting the desired band scores with IELTS.

kamil2990

Jan 2, 2019

L - 8.5
R - 8
S - 7
W - 6.5

Please advise
Hello,

I don't think it matters to them your requirement of 8777. I would suggest going for writing EOR only unless you are very very confident about getting better score in Speaking.

I was in the same boat few years back and did EOR for writing and got the 0.5 raise. I hope you get it too, wish you all the very best!!

Reactions: Obrahu

Escape26

Jun 23, 2019

L - 8.5
R - 8
S - 7
W - 6.5

Please advise
Go for the two. During my own time, I needed .5 for my writing alone but went for the 2. Fortunately for me, the 2 increased.
i recommend you go for the 2.

Reactions: longvh and Obrahu

Obrahu

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Go for the two. During my own time, I needed .5 for my writing alone but went for the 2. Fortunately for me, the 2 increased.
i recommend you go for the 2.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I have applied EOR for both speaking and writing.

Obrahu

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Can anyone shed some light on below scenario : Scored 6.5 in writing. Pen and paper based.

1. As far as I remeber, I had made one singular/pluraral mistake in my writing intro.

The essay type was problem and solution.

2. In BP1, I concluded it by giving an example, however, it is usually advised to conclude the BP by rephrasing the main points with connector such as Thus, hence, therefore etc. which I missed and by the time I realized this mistake I had already finished my BP2 (so left with no choice due to time constraints).

3. In letter writing (formal), I finished it within 12 minutes. I covered all the bullet points as nicely I could. Gave the precise intro, closing statement and salutations.

4. However, I had used two same/similar type of compound sentences.

Kindly share your thoughts and let me know if the chances are slim or high to get .5 raise in my EOR request while considering these errors.

Obrahu

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Can anyone shed some light on below scenario : Scored 6.5 in writing. Pen and paper based.

1. As far as I remeber, I had made one singular/pluraral mistake in my writing intro.

2. In BP1, I concluded it by giving an example, however, it is usually advised to conclude the BP by rephrasing the main points with connector such as Thus, hence, therefore etc. which I missed and by the time I realized this mistake I had already finished my BP2 (so left with no choice due to time constraints).

3. In letter writing (formal), I finished it within 12 minutes. I covered all the bullet points as nicely I could. Gave the precise intro, closing statement and salutations.

Kindly share your thoughts and let me know if the chances are slim or high to get .5 raise in my EOR request while considering these errors.
@Shrishti from 8777IELTS Could you please check this.

Obrahu

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018

can anyone reply please. TIA

xinniang

Sep 4, 2022
Hi guys!
I have recently got my academic Ielts result with the following sub scores.
Reading 8.5
Listening 7.5
Writing 6.5
Speaking 6
I’m so frustrated Cuz I’m gonna apply an uni which need 6.5 for all sub scores and it is the second time I failed on speaking.
I have two questions:
First, do you guys think I can successfully require an increase on the speaking?
second, Or should I apply EOR for both writing and speaking?
Thank you !