+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

religious worker can also apply for express entry?

fijiana

Star Member
Apr 1, 2013
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
19-09-2013
Doc's Request.
27-11-2013 Work permit US Issue
Med's Done....
22-07-2013
Interview........
27-02-2014 *passed with positive vibes
Passport Req..
28-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2014
LANDED..........
14-03-2014
Hi guys can certain people like religious workers on valid work permit apply for express entry?

Dec 26, 2014
Express Entry will manage applications for permanent residence under these federal economic immigration programs:
• The, Federal Skilled Worker Program
• The Federal Skilled Trades Program, and
• The Canadian Experience Class

So if religious worker fits in any of those then yes!

For more information on express entry watch this video:
youtube/watch?v=R8lkBt2i9N0

Bishop Peter

Mar 3, 2023
Greetings to all members of the group. I have an inquiry regarding a PR application. Currently, I am working under R186 and holding a visitor record. Additionally, I am receiving paystubs, T4, and NOA. I am wondering if my work experience will be counted towards my PR application, even though I am on a visitor record. Could you please provide me with some information on this matter? Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Greetings to all members of the group. I have an inquiry regarding a PR application. Currently, I am working under R186 and holding a visitor record. Additionally, I am receiving paystubs, T4, and NOA. I am wondering if my work experience will be counted towards my PR application, even though I am on a visitor record. Could you please provide me with some information on this matter? Thank you.
As long as you are receiving a regular salary that aligns to the expected income for your occupation, you should be able to count this as work experience.

Note that you cannot claim the 50 points for having a job offer. This will not be possible with your current work situation.

Bishop Peter

Mar 3, 2023
Thank you for your Prompt reply. To clarify, I did not receive a work permit, but instead, I received a visitor record. I am wondering if my work experience on the visitor record will count towards my PR application, and how I can obtain the 50 points from an LMIA. God bless you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your Prompt reply. To clarify, I did not receive a work permit, but instead, I received a visitor record. I am wondering if my work experience on the visitor record will count towards my PR application, and how I can obtain the 50 points from an LMIA. God bless you!
Here is link for LMIA. Your employer must complete the process, not you. Do you have ECA and IELTS?

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers.html

Bishop Peter

Mar 3, 2023
I am planning to undertake ECA and IELTS soon, and I am concerned if my visitor record will count towards my work experience for the purpose of permanent residency.

Bishop Peter

Mar 3, 2023
My occupation falls under NOC code 4154, and I have been working in this field for 8 months. I plan to apply for permanent residency after completing one year of work experience. However, my main concern is whether my visitor record will be considered as work experience under section R186. Therefore, I would like to know if my work experience will be counted towards my PR application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you want the 50 points, your employer needs to obtain the LMIA, including advertising your job: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/median-wage/high/requirements.html

Your work experience on the visitor record can be counted provided you have been authorized to work without a work permit and are receiving a regular salary that is in line with expectations for your occupation.

Reactions: Bishop Peter

Bishop Peter

Mar 3, 2023
My visitor record contains two conditions:

1. The first condition states that I must leave Canada by a specific date (xxxx).
  2. The second condition prohibits me from attending any educational institution or taking any academic, professional, or vocational training course unless authorized. However, it does not mention anything about my employment status, i.e., whether I can work or not. The remarks/observation section of my visitor record mentions that I am a religious worker.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My visitor record contains two conditions:

1. The first condition states that I must leave Canada by a specific date (xxxx).
  2. The second condition prohibits me from attending any educational institution or taking any academic, professional, or vocational training course unless authorized. However, it does not mention anything about my employment status, i.e., whether I can work or not. The remarks/observation section of my visitor record mentions that I am a religious worker.
Probably best if you hire an immigration lawyer to confirm your situation.

Reactions: Taran D