+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relationship Time Frame.. I need help please..

pinay_juliet

Star Member
Jan 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please look at our relationship time frame. I've been reading a lot in here and it got me worried.
We married 2 months after seeing each other and we got engaged without seeing each other face to face. Total times together is only 6 months, the rest is long distance. I am worried if the IO will question the genuisity of our relationship. We provided a lot of proff. Hoping there won't be any problems. I love my husband to death.

Met online: June 5, 2009
Committed to love: July 23, 2009
Got engaged, without seeing each other (him holding the ring via webcam): February 15, 2010 (Only 8 months after we started talking)
Finally met in person: March 29, 2010
Married: May 1, 2010
From March 2010, to June 2010, he is in Canada with me.
From June 2010 to September 2010 ( I was in the USA with him )
Filled our papers: Nov. 4, 2010
NOW...WAITING...

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Do not let other people's relationship get you worried about your own. Every relationship isn't meant to develop the same way.
I believe if you explained what you think they may be concerned with and explain the reason you did it that way then it shouldn't be that big of an issue. I believe though if you had been from another country where this was definitely not something traditional for the culture then it would wave a red flag. Not saying it won't still wave a red flag either but I don't think it would be as big of an issue between a US/Can couple. All you can do now is wait and if they ask for an interview then just be prepared to explain why things developed the way they did. They understand that every relationship is different and that is why they are trained to have an open mind to these things. Try not to give yourself more to worry about. It will all work out.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree. Don't let yourself fall prey to doubt. Stay strong! I think as long as you have lots of proof of your relationship, you should have no problem. The fact that you 2 lived together for 6 months will definitely count in your favour. And I hate to say it but I think that the fact that this is a CAN-US relationship, you'll have less problems than if your spouse was from a 3rd world country. (This is not meant to insult anyone! My husband is from a 3rd world country). But as an IO, they will look at what might be the norm in your country so while meeting online and not meeting before a proposal is unusual, it's not completely out of the cultural norm. And the fact that Canada and US are similar economically, a US spouse would have much less to gain financially than say a spouse from a 3rd world country. In your documentation, I would however, address why you felt so strongly about each other and became engaged without meeting. As the US and Canada are so close, it would seem not too difficult for you to have met without making such an important commitment to each other. Best of luck.

pinay_juliet

Star Member
Jan 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for all your replies.

It means a lot and hubby and I worried too much about this stuff. I miss him a lot and we can't wait to start our life together.

shawngt2

Jul 18, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-9-2010
Doc's Request.
13-1-2011
AOR Received.
22-11-2010
File Transfer...
5-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-8-2010
Passport Req..
5-5-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-5-2011
LANDED..........
23-5-2011
I think you should be honest... Exactly what Love_Young said... Explain it in a way, short and simple...Remember, try to imagine yourself in their position, they can tell if you're trying to leave things out, hide things...

There is no set rule on how people meet, some meet and marry within 1 month and live the rest of their lives together, some get married after 5 years and divorce...I recommend to send an update after 3-4 months of being in process and strongly recommend another visit during this time that you can send as proof. Remember, if they refuse you, you can challenge based on new information...

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Because you have been living together for 6 months since the wedding, it should be OK. Provide lots of proof you are in fact living together - both names on the lease, joint bank accounts and credit cards, letters or affidavits from friends and family attesting that you are a genuine couple.