+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

relationship chronology

djredeyes

Aug 26, 2009
pls help:
RE: submitting relationship history

Can I do it like a page by page presentation w/ comments, captions and pictures using excel or word
printed out on a 11x17 paper? any input will be much appreciated. thanks 8)

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
That is pretty much the way we did it except on regular size paper :)

wasted_year

Nov 19, 2009
anything goes as long as its easy to follow. you want to make it so easy to follow that a 3 year old can do it...

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
we just typed it from the very 1st day we met till the day of our marriage - it took 5 pages, but I guess, there was something for the visa officer to read before going to bed ;)

Ssarah183

Star Member
Jun 5, 2009
We were very factual. We just explained how the relationship developed. Included dates we visited each other etc and then included copies of plane tickets, photos of us on those trips as well as emails between us and letters. I didn't feel the need to write a huge amount about how super in love we are as I felt the emails, letters, notes, cards and pictures as proof showed that without me detailing every last point.

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
I think where the relationship chronology goes in the applicant package and how it fits with the Sponsor/Partner Questionnaire and what folder it needs to be in, etc. is by far the hardest part of the entire application process, lol. I'm still struggeling with that stupid timeline!!! I have all the other docs in place (well, mostly, but it all depends what this relationship chronology is all about). I've read through every thread, every response... but still nothing clear cut. I guess that's because organization itself isn't clear cut lol. ah well. =]

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
nyssa said:
I think where the relationship chronology goes in the applicant package and how it fits with the Sponsor/Partner Questionnaire and what folder it needs to be in, etc. is by far the hardest part of the entire application process, lol. I'm still struggeling with that stupid timeline!!! I have all the other docs in place (well, mostly, but it all depends what this relationship chronology is all about). I've read through every thread, every response... but still nothing clear cut. I guess that's because organization itself isn't clear cut lol. ah well. =]
Hi Nyssa,

Think of this - maybe it doesn't need to be one specific way (even though it would be easier for people like you and I if it were). If tons of people have submitted successful application with varying degrees of organization then maybe there isn't "A Way". A lot would also depend on it IO who reviews the application. While you and I might feel more secure with a uber-organized application, maybe the ID is the random organization type who just read and absorbs everything and draws a conclusion.

I think a lot of this will always be hit and miss so if you end up with areas that aren't clean cut, follow what you would do and how you would want to review it if it were presented to you. And then relax. And then tell me what you did :)

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
Haha, I couldn't agree with you more that I wish it were just one certain way. They say on the Immigrant's Guide to have the Relationship Proofs in a certain order on the checklist, though it appears no one does it that way (i.e. having it in its own folder: Relationship Proofs)

What throws everything off really is that in the Sponsor/Partner Questionarre they ask you for everything you'd throw in the timeline (with underneath saying: see this proof, see that proof, etc.) and then they ask for the Relationship Proofs... another spot to say the exact same thing you said in that form.

You're very right in that everyone has done it in a million different ways and been approved (or rejected) regardless of organization. I'm just trying to figure out the best way for the IO to understand the application all put together... it's hard when you're biased as it's your relationship. =]

I suppose I will just throw the timeline at the back of the Sponsor/Partner Questionarre as a "Development of the Relationship" and reference the proofs. Hopefully that makes the application understandable. I plan on keeping my Relationship Proofs in chronological order as I feel it makes the most sense that way in our situation. Followed by "Communication", "Joint Funds", "Western Unions", "Support Letters", etc. I'm still fine tuning ;-)

wasted_year

Nov 19, 2009
i did an actual timeline in MS Word. like

Dec 1 2003 - first met husband at so and so place (see picture #1)
Dec 12 2003 - frist date, went to movies (see ticket stub #1)

etc.

then of course all of this was reworded in the questionaire part

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We didn't have a timeline & were approved in 4 months. I think that's your choice if you want to have one or not. We explained details of how we met and how our relationship progressed in a letter then included photos from 3 periods -- dating, marriage, honeymoon -- which were in separate envelopes. We dated each photo and wrote info. on the back if it was relevant but we didn't cross reference these with our letter. I don't really think they are looking for a day by day account of your relationship.