London, UK
NOC Code......
0631 & 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.5 sent with application
Dear All,

I need your urgent help in a very critical matter. This is the following reply I have received from VO

I have reasonable grounds to believe that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Specifically based on the content and format of the employment letter submitted, in addition to related verification activities, I have grounds to believe that you misrepresented material facts when you stated that you have been working as an Assistant Manager at XXX restaurant from July 2008 to the present date.

Please note that if a senior immigration officer finds that the misrepresentation is material to your application for a permanent resident visa you could be found to be inadmissible for 2 years.

My Concers:

• I only worked till 2010 there and then I not only left the company but changed my profession as well. However, I did not update VO regarding this because my application was kept idle and there was no progress so I thought I will do it when they will ask for updated forms.
  • Since Canadian immigration was taking a lot of time I moved out of the country and started working in UAE but again this is in the new profession.
  • What should I do know? How to avoid this rejection and particularly 2 years ban.
  • I am not left with enough time I have only 7 days to reply to them. Do I have to send email or reply via post?

Please help me I really appreciate your replies and help.

Thank you so much.

F_S_W

Mar 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada_future said:
Dear All,

I need your urgent help in a very critical matter. This is the following reply I have received from VO

I have reasonable grounds to believe that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Specifically based on the content and format of the employment letter submitted, in addition to related verification activities, I have grounds to believe that you misrepresented material facts when you stated that you have been working as an Assistant Manager at XXX restaurant from July 2008 to the present date.

Please note that if a senior immigration officer finds that the misrepresentation is material to your application for a permanent resident visa you could be found to be inadmissible for 2 years.

My Concers:

• I only worked till 2010 there and then I not only left the company but changed my profession as well. However, I did not update VO regarding this because my application was kept idle and there was no progress so I thought I will do it when they will ask for updated forms.
  • Since Canadian immigration was taking a lot of time I moved out of the country and started working in UAE but again this is in the new profession.
  • What should I do know? How to avoid this rejection and particularly 2 years ban.
  • I am not left with enough time I have only 7 days to reply to them. Do I have to send email or reply via post?

Thank you so much.
any senior............?
come to the rescue.....!please

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada_future said:
Dear All,

Specifically based on the content and format of the employment letter submitted, in addition to related verification activities, I have grounds

to believe that you misrepresented material facts when you stated that you have been working as an Assistant Manager at XXX restaurant from July 2008 to the present date.

My Concers:

Thank you so much.

Did you leave the assistant Manager job before applying?When did you apply?What NOC and what is your Visa office region?

canada_future

Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0631 & 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.5 sent with application
GENTLEANDREW said:
Did you leave the assistant Manager job before applying?When did you apply?What NOC and what is your Visa office region?
All the details are mentioned in the signature. No, I applied on that job basis and I left that job and profession after applying not before that.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Probably they called and they told them that you have left and you did not give them an update that you have left.You have to submit full details of where you work now from when you started and apologize for not updating your file.

aurora2014

Star Member
May 8, 2014
I have grounds to believe that you misrepresented material facts when you stated that you have been working as an Assistant Manager at XXX restaurant from July 2008 to the present date.
The whole problem is farcical. "To the present date" actually is "up to the date of application submission".

Is the effective meaning of this that applicants must update CIC constantly about their current job situation?

I would be furious. There's surely no misrepresentation if the application was made prior to the job change.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada_future said:
Dear All,

My Concers:

Thank you so much.
My suggestion is to try to get them on the phone and ask them exactly what the problem is and they you will know how to solve it.

I also suggest hiring an attorney immediately to help you respond and continue your application.

F_S_W

Mar 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GENTLEANDREW said:
Probably they called and they told them that you have left and you did not give them an update that you have left.You have to submit full details of where you work now from when you started and apologize for not updating your file.
i 2nd GENTLEANDREW!

off course every single advice on this thread is important, but the idea GENTLEANDREW gave, Explanation and apologize appeals to mind, so explain them and apologize, they are also human, hope this will work.

Wish you good luck.

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
canada_future said:
Dear All,

My Concers:

Thank you so much.
Sir

Write truth , that is best known to you

Stay Blessed

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
aurora2014 said:
The whole problem is farcical. "To the present date" actually is "up to the date of application submission".

Is the effective meaning of this that applicants must update CIC constantly about their current job situation?

I would be furious. There's surely no misrepresentation if the application was made prior to the job change.
Once a file is being processed, you must keep the VO informed of any change in your circumstances. Just getting furious will not help much.

aurora2014

Star Member
May 8, 2014
akbardxb said:
Once a file is being processed, you must keep the VO informed of any change in your circumstances.
Where does it say this?

Change in marital circumstances or family composition - sure. That has a direct effect in terms of who you're bringing into the country with you. Change in job? I don't see how it alters anything in your application, any more than going on a vacation would. They consider your application based on the data provided up to the date of application only. Otherwise I could get more points for my employment, seeing as their processing times are so slow.

Do you have to inform the VO of every trip you take out of your country of residence post-application as well?

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aurora2014 said:
Where does it say this?

Change in marital circumstances or family composition - sure. That has a direct effect in terms of who you're bringing into the country with you. Change in job? I don't see how it alters anything in your application, any more than going on a vacation would. They consider your application based on the data provided up to the date of application only. Otherwise I could get more points for my employment, seeing as their processing times are so slow.

Do you have to inform the VO of every trip you take out of your country of residence post-application as well?

Well,it seems so judging from the information provided on the PER :

"Please inform the visa office of any changes in your application (e.g. birth or adoption of a child, marriage or common-law relationship, new occupation or employer, submission of an Arranged Employment Opinion approved by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada, change of address, change of e-mail address, change of immigration representative, etc). Please include a letter identifying what the changes are and any relevant supporting documents. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals."

aurora2014

Star Member
May 8, 2014
GENTLEANDREW said:
Well,it seems so judging from the information provided on the PER :

"Please inform the visa office of any changes in your application (e.g. birth or adoption of a child, marriage or common-law relationship, new occupation or employer, submission of an Arranged Employment Opinion approved by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada, change of address, change of e-mail address, change of immigration representative, etc). Please include a letter identifying what the changes are and any relevant supporting documents. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals."
I apologize to everyone in this thread. I have not received a PER and hence was unaware of these details.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aurora2014 said:
I apologize to everyone in this thread. I have not received a PER and hence was unaware of these details.

You have not committed any offence.Sure you now know the true situation.

F_S_W

Mar 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aurora2014 said:
appreciate your positive attitude.

nothing to sorry!
some people have less information and other more .....so everyone is trying to help.
cheers.