+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejected twice...need advice.

benjimola

Oct 13, 2020
Wow i was about to send in my re application after refusal but after seeing this thread i am shocked
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

that is the reason on my refusal letter but i think there is more to it. MY bachelor's degree was poor as a result i cannot get masters. prove how strict these visa officers are even if you got a masters LOA they might reject your application based on the grounds they believe you will not be successful. But this kind of mentality does nothing but kick someone that is already down. Like you did not do well the first time so they will make your life a living hell when you try to put yourself back on the right track.

so What do i do? the first time i applied through a consultant and i did not include any property to prove strong ties to home country. but now i plan to add all that was missing the first time.

Reactions: Ronfrank15

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Wow i was about to send in my re application after refusal but after seeing this thread i am shocked
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

that is the reason on my refusal letter but i think there is more to it. MY bachelor's degree was poor as a result i cannot get masters. prove how strict these visa officers are even if you got a masters LOA they might reject your application based on the grounds they believe you will not be successful. But this kind of mentality does nothing but kick someone that is already down. Like you did not do well the first time so they will make your life a living hell when you try to put yourself back on the right track.

so What do i do? the first time i applied through a consultant and i did not include any property to prove strong ties to home country. but now i plan to add all that was missing the first time.
What you're trying to do is to use a study to deliberately stay in Canada without complying with immigration regulations. Therefore you're refused a study permit.

No one is trying to kick you down. You're not a genuine student and just trying to game the system

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016

Its not just about property and money it is also about any current work experience, your current qualifications, your chosen course whether relevant to current qualifications and how attending a course in Canada improves your prospects when you return home.

Anyone can own property in any country and not be in the country but its also about how convincing you are about the need to study in canada

Maybe share a bit more detail for anyone to share some constructive comments

benjimola

Oct 13, 2020
Its not just about property and money it is also about any current work experience, your current qualifications, your chosen course whether relevant to current qualifications and how attending a course in Canada improves your prospects when you return home.

Anyone can own property in any country and not be in the country but its also about how convincing you are about the need to study in canada

Maybe share a bit more detail for anyone to share some constructive comments
May situation is simli
What you're trying to do is to use a study to deliberately stay in Canada without complying with immigration regulations. Therefore you're refused a study permit.

No one is trying to kick you down. You're not a genuine student and just trying to game the system
Its not about gaining the system. I am saying some of the decisions the visa officers make are harshly made given the fact that someone can be brilliant but still perform bad in school because of one the or the other and now they felt like they can turn things around only for you to be rejected a visa after a department goes through your transcript, see you can do the course and give you LOA. Visa officers don't know if you can do the course or not.

Secondly, I just came across this information as I initially think I was rejected because I did not prove strong ties to my home country. All I am saying there is more to it. I am just learning there is a problem for going from bachelor's degree to a diploma. Worse part is when the bachelor's degree obtained is awful... They will still stop you from obtaining a diploma. The only thing left to do is to redo a bachelor's degree

Reactions: Ronfrank15

benjimola

Oct 13, 2020
Hello guys, I may have to defer my admission. I got admission from Cambrian College. Computer programming - internet of things. A consultant helped me get my admission. Before now I was thinking what I have was a post graduate diploma. But after checking on their site what I saw was Ontario college diploma. I got confused. I was trying to figure out why I was rejected on the grounds of not leaving the country at the end of my study: base on my purpose of visit.

Could someone recommend a college that can give me admission for post graduate diploma on IT related or computer science? My bachelor's degree is 48% less than 50%

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hello guys, I may have to defer my admission. I got admission from Cambrian College. Computer programming - internet of things. A consultant helped me get my admission. Before now I was thinking what I have was a post graduate diploma. But after checking on their site what I saw was Ontario college diploma. I got confused. I was trying to figure out why I was rejected on the grounds of not leaving the country at the end of my study: base on my purpose of visit.

Could someone recommend a college that can give me admission for post graduate diploma on IT related or computer science? My bachelor's degree is 48% less than 50%
Look for rural colleges. They are less competitive and will take pretty much anyone

benjimola

Oct 13, 2020
What needs explaining?
Most of those college did not specifically say post graduate diploma. You will see certs and advanced diploma or diploma. You will also see post diploma.
OK, thank you. I would appreciate if you explain more about the spreadsheet.
I will check those institutions but I wanted someone to suggest a college that does post-graduate diploma for information technology. The Google doc you provided was about ranking

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Most of those college did not specifically say post graduate diploma. You will see certs and advanced diploma or diploma. You will also see post diploma.

I will check those institutions but I wanted someone to suggest a college that does post-graduate diploma for information technology. The Google doc you provided was about ranking
You were asking which colleges might accept you. The lower the ranking of the college, the more likely they will accept you.

shiraz883

Jan 31, 2019
Hey Guys,

I am going to write my SOP for re-application and the points I want to cover in my SOP are as quoted in my previous post below:
Hey Guys,

I applied for GCMS notes and have got the reply. Here is the summary:

All information before me, including applicants previous employment and educational history has been reviewed. Applicant has B.Comm(2016) and has been employed since 2017, most recently as a sales exec. Applicant wants to attend GLOBAL BUSINESS MANGEMENT COURSE at SAULT COLLEGE. Mark sheets provided indicate poor academic record in some subjects. I am not satisfied that applicant will be able to successfully complete the study program in Canada. The applicant has failed to satisfy me that pursuing the selected program of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against potential career/employment benefits after completion.

Considering previous academic qualification, employment history, relevance of the proposed course of study and factors such as travel history, I am not satisfied that applicant is a bona fide student who would depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for stay. Application refused.

Please let me know how I can cover the above points in my SOP to apply for a second time so that my application is accepted.

Thanks
The points I want to cover in my SOP will be what I mentioned in my post which is also quoted here. I want to ask whether it is a good idea to write the whole SOP from scratch or highlight only those points and elaborate only on those points which led to rejection? Also my second question is whether there is a format of SOP for re-application??

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Ali