+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejected twice...need advice.

halfboiledegg

Aug 25, 2020
Thanks for your replies, possible reasons for my refusal and suggestions on what could be the solution. From your feedback, I can make out that there are two reasons for rejection

1. The VO does not think that the graduate certificate course (which is post graduate qualification - according to hodari) will add some value or add some job prospects back home (according to primaprime).

2. VO thinks you will not complete the course - according to Laguna55. I think it is because of low grades in my graduate degree.

3. As jasmithsingji mentioned multiple reasons - low score, future plan, level of establishment and course - I wonder why course would be the reason since its a global business management program and I am from commerce stream. Also level of establishment I wonder why it would be since I have already paid the fees (without loan) for 1st year and also purchased GIC. Also in my SOP I have mentioned that I would like to come back to my home country after completing my course and join a MNC. And in future start my own business.

So I am in a fix whether to apply for GCMS notes or should I make a stronger SOP? Intake is January 2021, so if I apply for GCMS notes then it will take a month to get the reply and then another 2 months for Visa (as told by my consultant) so I will be late for the intake in applying visa if I go for GCMS notes.

Making a stronger SOP covering all the aspects mentioned above can give me a good chance even though I may not be knowing the reason but I can cover the possible reasons.

What is your suggestion, members? Can some one proof read and give suggestions on the SOP?
Hey man, i would suggest you to go with GCMS route, as you can see from my experience... i applied second time without the notes and strong SOP..still got rejected. get the notes and make your SOP around the reasons mentioned there.

All the best

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
Actually reading the VO reasons again I think he or she is doubting your academic ability to complete the course

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
Thanks for your replies, possible reasons for my refusal and suggestions on what could be the solution. From your feedback, I can make out that there are two reasons for rejection

1. The VO does not think that the graduate certificate course (which is post graduate qualification - according to hodari) will add some value or add some job prospects back home (according to primaprime).

2. VO thinks you will not complete the course - according to Laguna55. I think it is because of low grades in my graduate degree.

3. As jasmithsingji mentioned multiple reasons - low score, future plan, level of establishment and course - I wonder why course would be the reason since its a global business management program and I am from commerce stream. Also level of establishment I wonder why it would be since I have already paid the fees (without loan) for 1st year and also purchased GIC. Also in my SOP I have mentioned that I would like to come back to my home country after completing my course and join a MNC. And in future start my own business.

So I am in a fix whether to apply for GCMS notes or should I make a stronger SOP? Intake is January 2021, so if I apply for GCMS notes then it will take a month to get the reply and then another 2 months for Visa (as told by my consultant) so I will be late for the intake in applying visa if I go for GCMS notes.

Making a stronger SOP covering all the aspects mentioned above can give me a good chance even though I may not be knowing the reason but I can cover the possible reasons.

What is your suggestion, members? Can some one proof read and give suggestions on the SOP?
Send me sop for proof reading on jagmeetsingh53@gmail.com

shiraz883

Jan 31, 2019
Hey Guys,

I applied for GCMS notes and have got the reply. Here is the summary:

All information before me, including applicants previous employment and educational history has been reviewed. Applicant has B.Comm(2016) and has been employed since 2017, most recently as a sales exec. Applicant wants to attend GLOBAL BUSINESS MANGEMENT COURSE at SAULT COLLEGE. Mark sheets provided indicate poor academic record in some subjects. I am not satisfied that applicant will be able to successfully complete the study program in Canada. The applicant has failed to satisfy me that pursuing the selected program of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against potential career/employment benefits after completion.

Considering previous academic qualification, employment history, relevance of the proposed course of study and factors such as travel history, I am not satisfied that applicant is a bona fide student who would depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for stay. Application refused.

Please let me know how I can cover the above points in my SOP to apply for a second time so that my application is accepted.

Thanks

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
VO thinks you will not complete the course. I know people keep stating apply for Masters after a Bachelors, which is true and likely to yield a study permit, however gaining admission for a Masters is very competitive, probably 1 in 500 applicants will secure an offer. Applicants who are unable to secure a Masters offer have no choice but to apply for a diploma program.
Where is your evidence for 1 in 500?

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
Hey Guys,

All information before me, including applicants previous employment and educational history has been reviewed. Applicant has B.Comm(2016) and has been employed since 2017, most recently as a sales exec. Applicant wants to attend GLOBAL BUSINESS MANGEMENT COURSE at SAULT COLLEGE. Mark sheets provided indicate poor academic record in some subjects. I am not satisfied that applicant will be able to successfully complete the study program in Canada. The applicant has failed to satisfy me that pursuing the selected program of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against potential career/employment benefits after completion.

Considering previous academic qualification, employment history, relevance of the proposed course of study and factors such as travel history, I am not satisfied that applicant is a bona fide student who would depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for stay. Application refused.

Please let me know how I can cover the above points in my SOP to apply for a second time so that my application is accepted.

Thanks

Mention your poor academics in your new SOP and how you will improve upon them.

State why you want to do the specific program and how it is beneficial to you back in your home country.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Hello

I had applied twice under SDS category and got rejected with same reason. Now im planning to apply for the third time and would like to get your POV/advice.

Here is my entire profile:
10/12 score: 78% and 71%
IELTS Score: 7.5 ( with no band less than 6)
Degree: Bachelors in Electronics Engineering (4 years) completed Degree in June 2019
Backlogs:
Only 1 and backlog certificate was attached.
Overall Degree score: 7.23 CGPI
Employment Status: Started working in November 2019, still employed.
Canadian College: Lambton College [Received Offer letter in August 2019]
Course: Wireless Network (2years)
Funds: First year fees + GIC + [Bank loan during second application]

Please see my visa application timelines:
First Application: January 4, 2020
Biometrics: January 6, 2020
Medical: January 9, 2020 (Passed)
Decision: January 11, 2020

Second Application: February 15, 2020
Medical: February 21, 2020 (Passed)
Decision: March 7, 2020

I got refused twice with the same reason which i have quoted below;
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

After my first refusal, I did not file for CAIPS but i added more financial documents and showed more ties to my home country but the result was same. Now i have filed CAIPS and received report. I am quoting it below:
Client has not satisfied me that the course of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against the potential career employment benefits. Educational documents submitted reflect poor scholastic performance and multiple unexplained backlogs, which raises concerns regarding applicant's ability to successfully complete the study program in Canada. On balance, I am not satisfied that the client is a bonafide student who will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. Application refused as per R216.

Now, for the third application, i have changed my college to Seneca College with course duration of 8 months. The program i chose is Cyber Security and the reason i chose this course is that it supports my current employment. I have already paid the entire fees for the course and also have GIC.

Do advice regarding my file and share your POVs.

Thank you!
The course of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against the potential career employment benefits -

Here you wanna explain in your SOP, comparing local programs against Canadian programs. How the cheaper and more affordable program in Network engineering in your home country are not the right choice for you, why it is important for you to pay attain highly expensive Canadian education.

Educational documents submitted reflect poor scholastic performance and multiple unexplained backlogs -

It is crucial to give a proper justification/explanation on why you had those backlogs in the first place. There could be different reasons, one that could come to my mind right now maybe some medical concerns around the time you attended that test. Other could be you focused on core subjects more. Here you would want to explain other scholastic achievements that are relevant to your proposed course. Basically, you want to explain even after having a backlog, how you're still the best candidate to do that course in Canada.

Reactions: Wh1teH0rsE

Jaydip2406

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
VO thinks you will not complete the course. I know people keep stating apply for Masters after a Bachelors, which is true and likely to yield a study permit, however gaining admission for a Masters is very competitive, probably 1 in 500 applicants will secure an offer. Applicants who are unable to secure a Masters offer have no choice but to apply for a diploma program.
Yes, Masters is very competitive and expensive as well...

sroseok

Feb 7, 2019
Hello

I had applied twice under SDS category and got rejected with same reason. Now im planning to apply for the third time and would like to get your POV/advice.

Here is my entire profile:
10/12 score: 78% and 71%
IELTS Score: 7.5 ( with no band less than 6)
Degree: Bachelors in Electronics Engineering (4 years) completed Degree in June 2019
Backlogs:
Only 1 and backlog certificate was attached.
Overall Degree score: 7.23 CGPI
Employment Status: Started working in November 2019, still employed.
Canadian College: Lambton College [Received Offer letter in August 2019]
Course: Wireless Network (2years)
Funds: First year fees + GIC + [Bank loan during second application]

Please see my visa application timelines:
First Application: January 4, 2020
Biometrics: January 6, 2020
Medical: January 9, 2020 (Passed)
Decision: January 11, 2020

Second Application: February 15, 2020
Medical: February 21, 2020 (Passed)
Decision: March 7, 2020

I got refused twice with the same reason which i have quoted below;
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

After my first refusal, I did not file for CAIPS but i added more financial documents and showed more ties to my home country but the result was same. Now i have filed CAIPS and received report. I am quoting it below:
Client has not satisfied me that the course of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against the potential career employment benefits. Educational documents submitted reflect poor scholastic performance and multiple unexplained backlogs, which raises concerns regarding applicant's ability to successfully complete the study program in Canada. On balance, I am not satisfied that the client is a bonafide student who will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. Application refused as per R216.

Now, for the third application, i have changed my college to Seneca College with course duration of 8 months. The program i chose is Cyber Security and the reason i chose this course is that it supports my current employment. I have already paid the entire fees for the course and also have GIC.

Do advice regarding my file and share your POVs.

Thank you!
Apply public university and for 2years program

shiraz883

Jan 31, 2019
Hey Guys,

Thanks
Any more suggestions to cover the points (in SOP) which led to rejection?

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Any more suggestions to cover the points (in SOP) which led to rejection?
I hate to be the bearer of negative input, but it appears to me that your application contains fundamental deficiencies that are very difficult to overcome. This is now compounded by 2 SP refusals. I do not believe a strong SOP would help in your case as it would not, in all likelihood, outweigh what is bothering the average VO when assessing your file. The deficiencies I am referring to are:

1- PG Diploma as opposed to Masters
2- Poor scholastic history
3- Backlog
4- High costs VS potential career gains back home

The travel history is not a major factor in the decision making process in my opinion. It is probably an element the VO resorts to when putting things in balance in attempt to sway their decision one way or the other.

One question if you don't mind; did you work with a consultant on your application or did you go for it on your own?

shiraz883

Jan 31, 2019
I hate to be the bearer of negative input, but it appears to me that your application contains fundamental deficiencies that are very difficult to overcome. This is now compounded by 2 SP refusals. I do not believe a strong SOP would help in your case as it would not, in all likelihood, outweigh what is bothering the average VO when assessing your file. The deficiencies I am referring to are:

1- PG Diploma as opposed to Masters
2- Poor scholastic history
3- Backlog
4- High costs VS potential career gains back home

The travel history is not a major factor in the decision making process in my opinion. It is probably an element the VO resorts to when putting things in balance in attempt to sway their decision one way or the other.

One question if you don't mind; did you work with a consultant on your application or did you go for it on your own?
Well I only had one refusal and after that I applied for GCMC notes and got the reply that I quoted from the notes. I believe you misunderstood my post to be tahirk's post (where he had rejection twice) while replying to me.

But anyways, first - The global management program is a post graduate certificate program - I do not know if its a problem for VO. Second - I do not have a backlog - just have poor scores in some subjects in graduation.

Now I know it will be difficult to cover the points/quote form the NOTES reply that I received (which I have also quoted in my previous post) but I only have an option of an improved, well written (covering the all points of rejection) SOP to put forward now.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Well I only had one refusal and after that I applied for GCMC notes and got the reply that I quoted from the notes. I believe you misunderstood my post to be tahirk's post (where he had rejection twice) while replying to me.

But anyways, first - The global management program is a post graduate certificate program - I do not know if its a problem for VO. Second - I do not have a backlog - just have poor scores in some subjects in graduation.

Now I know it will be difficult to cover the points/quote form the NOTES reply that I received (which I have also quoted in my previous post) but I only have an option of an improved, well written (covering the all points of rejection) SOP to put forward now.
Go for masters. Master of management

Reactions: Maybe tommorow