+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejected twice...need advice.

halfboiledegg

Aug 25, 2020
Hello

I had applied twice under SDS category and got rejected with same reason. Now im planning to apply for the third time and would like to get your POV/advice.

Here is my entire profile:
10/12 score: 78% and 71%
IELTS Score: 7.5 ( with no band less than 6)
Degree: Bachelors in Electronics Engineering (4 years) completed Degree in June 2019
Backlogs:
Only 1 and backlog certificate was attached.
Overall Degree score: 7.23 CGPI
Employment Status: Started working in November 2019, still employed.
Canadian College: Lambton College [Received Offer letter in August 2019]
Course: Wireless Network (2years)
Funds: First year fees + GIC + [Bank loan during second application]

Please see my visa application timelines:
First Application: January 4, 2020
Biometrics: January 6, 2020
Medical: January 9, 2020 (Passed)
Decision: January 11, 2020

Second Application: February 15, 2020
Medical: February 21, 2020 (Passed)
Decision: March 7, 2020

I got refused twice with the same reason which i have quoted below;
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

After my first refusal, I did not file for CAIPS but i added more financial documents and showed more ties to my home country but the result was same. Now i have filed CAIPS and received report. I am quoting it below:
Client has not satisfied me that the course of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against the potential career employment benefits. Educational documents submitted reflect poor scholastic performance and multiple unexplained backlogs, which raises concerns regarding applicant's ability to successfully complete the study program in Canada. On balance, I am not satisfied that the client is a bonafide student who will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. Application refused as per R216.

Now, for the third application, i have changed my college to Seneca College with course duration of 8 months. The program i chose is Cyber Security and the reason i chose this course is that it supports my current employment. I have already paid the entire fees for the course and also have GIC.

Do advice regarding my file and share your POVs.

Thank you!

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
Hello

I had applied twice under SDS category and got rejected with same reason. Now im planning to apply for the third time and would like to get your POV/advice.

Degree: Bachelors in Electronics Engineering (4 years) completed Degree in June 2019
Backlogs:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

After my first refusal, I did not file for CAIPS but i added more financial documents and showed more ties to my home country but the result was same. Now i have filed CAIPS and received report. I am quoting it below:
Client has not satisfied me that the course of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against the potential career employment benefits. Educational documents submitted reflect poor scholastic performance and multiple unexplained backlogs, which raises concerns regarding applicant's ability to successfully complete the study program in Canada. On balance, I am not satisfied that the client is a bonafide student who will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. Application refused as per R216.

Now, for the third application, i have changed my college to Seneca College with course duration of 8 months. The program i chose is Cyber Security and the reason i chose this course is that it supports my current employment. I have already paid the entire fees for the course and also have GIC.

Thank you!

I think this has more to do with you applying for a diploma course which have a high chance of refusal. You should have applied for a master's program in my opinion.

But I am not a complete expert yet, others on the forum will be able to help you better.

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
I think this has more to do with you applying for a diploma course which have a high chance of refusal. You should have applied for a master's program in my opinion.

But I am not a complete expert yet, others on the forum will be able to help you better.
Agreed, doing undergraduate diploma after bachelors is a big issue. It makes it difficult for the VO to believe you are a genuine student.
You should try aiming for post-graduate programs instead, ideally Masters.

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
Hello

Backlogs:

Thank you!
You should explain ur job opportunities which should give u monthly salary of between 70k to 100 k at least per year between 6 to 12 15 lack INR...u can search it on Glassdoor naukri.com etc and mentioned the post and company names in ur post with possible salary u will get after completing ur studies ... second ur multiple backlogs .. explain the reason why u faced those backlogs..ex illness etc ....work on ur sop make it to the point and explain everything length does not matter ..keep the other things same don't add or remove anything ok...best of luck may God bless u with visa ..

shiraz883

Jan 31, 2019
I applied for SDS visa category but got rejection as follows:

I have not applied for CAIPS therefore I do not know the exact reason for refusal. I do not have time to apply for CAIPS and get the exact reason since I have applied for and intend to go for January 2021 intake. The only option is to make an even stronger SOP, in my opinion. But I don not know what else should I have written better. Your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Ali

shiraz883

Jan 31, 2019
10/12 score:
60% and 72%,
IELTS Score:
6.5 ( with no band less than 6),
Degree:
Bachelors of Commerce (3 years) completed Degree in
June 2016
Backlogs:
None
Overall Degree score:
48% ,
Employment Status:
Started working in
May 2017
still employed.
Canadian College:
Sault College [Received Offer letter in
August 2019
]
Course:
Ontario College Graduate Certificate (2Years-4Semesters)- Global business management,
Funds:
First year fees + GIC

Please see my visa application timelines, I applied for January 2021 intake:
Application:
June
, 2020,
Biometrics:
Pending,
Medical:
February
, 2020 (Passed),
Decision:
September
, 2020

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020

10/12 score:

60% and 72%,

IELTS Score:

Degree:

June 2016

Backlogs:

None

Overall Degree score:

48% ,

Employment Status:

Started working in

May 2017

still employed.

Canadian College:

August 2019

]

Course:

Ontario College Graduate Certificate (2Years-4Semesters)- Global business management,

Funds:

First year fees + GIC

Application:

June
, 2020,

Biometrics:

Pending,
Medical:

February
, 2020 (Passed),

Decision:

September
, 2020

Yours is also the same reason. You have completed your bachelor's yet you are applying for a diploma course. You are bound to get rejected.

And as a result of your low score, you will also be requiring a strong SOP.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
I applied for SDS visa category but got rejection as follows:

I have not applied for CAIPS therefore I do not know the exact reason for refusal. I do not have time to apply for CAIPS and get the exact reason since I have applied for and intend to go for January 2021 intake. The only option is to make an even stronger SOP, in my opinion. But I don not know what else should I have written better. Your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Ali
I would suggest to apply for the GCMS notes and then apply, still there are lots of time. Important is to make the application right and then apply. Otherwise you you would never know what is the actual reason of rejection and you will keep on making the same mistake

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Yours is also the same reason. You have completed your bachelor's yet you are applying for a diploma course. You are bound to get rejected.
And as a result of your low score, you will also be requiring a strong SOP.
No, it's a graduate certificate which is a post-graduate qualification. You may be right about the low score, a good SOP is necessary.
@shiraz883 you should highlight how your 3 years of work experience make up for your low grades.

Reactions: lolcocks

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
10/12 score:
60% and 72%,
IELTS Score:
Degree:
June 2016
Backlogs:
None
Overall Degree score:
48% ,
Employment Status:
Started working in
May 2017
still employed.
Canadian College:
August 2019
]
Course:
Funds:
First year fees + GIC

Application:
June
, 2020,
Biometrics:
Pending,
Medical:
February
, 2020 (Passed),
Decision:
September
, 2020
Low score in graduation one ... future plans can be second ... level of establishment means ur economicaly situation can be third ...ur course can be fourth ..so that format refusal letter is very misleading it don't highlight exact reason most of the time..so apply for gcms notes . website is thegcmsonline.com ..u will get them within a month.f.and it's worth waiting rather reapplying without addressing exact reasons..best of luck buddy

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019

10/12 score:

60% and 72%,

IELTS Score:

Degree:

June 2016

Backlogs:

None

Overall Degree score:

48% ,

Employment Status:

Started working in

May 2017

still employed.

Canadian College:

August 2019

]

Course:

Funds:

First year fees + GIC

Application:

June
, 2020,

Biometrics:

Pending,
Medical:

February
, 2020 (Passed),

Decision:

September
, 2020
This sort of profile is very commonly refused. You've been working now for over three years. What does a certificate add to your job prospects back home and why can't you study there?

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
VO thinks you will not complete the course. I know people keep stating apply for Masters after a Bachelors, which is true and likely to yield a study permit, however gaining admission for a Masters is very competitive, probably 1 in 500 applicants will secure an offer. Applicants who are unable to secure a Masters offer have no choice but to apply for a diploma program.

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

Vihang2580

Jul 4, 2020
Hello

Backlogs:

Thank you!
You have only one backlog, then why it is mentioned in the notes that "Multiple unexplained backlogs" ?

shiraz883

Jan 31, 2019
Thanks for your replies, possible reasons for my refusal and suggestions on what could be the solution. From your feedback, I can make out that there are two reasons for rejection

1. The VO does not think that the graduate certificate course (which is post graduate qualification - according to hodari) will add some value or add some job prospects back home (according to primaprime).

2. VO thinks you will not complete the course - according to Laguna55. I think it is because of low grades in my graduate degree.

3. As jasmithsingji mentioned multiple reasons - low score, future plan, level of establishment and course - I wonder why course would be the reason since its a global business management program and I am from commerce stream. Also level of establishment I wonder why it would be since I have already paid the fees (without loan) for 1st year and also purchased GIC. Also in my SOP I have mentioned that I would like to come back to my home country after completing my course and join a MNC. And in future start my own business.

So I am in a fix whether to apply for GCMS notes or should I make a stronger SOP? Intake is January 2021, so if I apply for GCMS notes then it will take a month to get the reply and then another 2 months for Visa (as told by my consultant) so I will be late for the intake in applying visa if I go for GCMS notes.

Making a stronger SOP covering all the aspects mentioned above can give me a good chance even though I may not be knowing the reason but I can cover the possible reasons.

What is your suggestion, members? Can some one proof read and give suggestions on the SOP?