+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

REJECTED TOURIST VISA FOR MY WIFE AND CHILDREN

p_ojha

Aug 10, 2018
Hi everyone,
Please help and guide.
I am currently working on a work permit in Canada valid till October 2019. I wanted my wife and kids from India to visit me during this period. so i applied Tourist visa < 6 months for them. My wife is not working in India because of my younger son who is 1 year old. I submitted all the documents i.e. Return flight tickets, marriage certificate, Invitation letter stating that they will be staying with me for the entire stay.
But still CIC rejected the Tourist Visa application stating that the assessing officer is not satisfied that they would leave Canada after their temporary stay, giving 3 reasons :
1. Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
2. Purpose of Visit
3. Personal assets and financial status
Please help. I dont know what to do?
And will it affect a future application?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your wife should be applying for a SOWP even if she doesn't want to work. A TRV is fine for your child. Because they likely want to remain in Canada they are not true visitors. The only stumbling block may be your finances. You have to show that you an support your family in Canada plus some extra savings.

p_ojha

Aug 10, 2018
SOWP
Your wife should be applying for a SOWP even if she doesn't want to work. A TRV is fine for your child. Because they likely want to remain in Canada they are not true visitors. The only stumbling block may be your finances. You have to show that you an support your family in Canada plus some extra savings.
SOWP??

p_ojha

Aug 10, 2018
Actually i will be working in Canada till October 2019, then i plan to go back to India, thats why i applied for a tourist visa for her

p_ojha

Aug 10, 2018
Actually i will be working in Canada till October 2019, then i plan to go back to India, thats why i applied for a tourist visa for her
never thought a tourist visa will be rejected. So even if she will be here in Canada for around 6 weeks only, do i need to apply a SOWP? And how will SOWP application be affected after this rejected application?

p_ojha

Aug 10, 2018
Also please tell me how much money in CAD do i need to show so that they donot reject the application again?
I get a salary of around 4500 CAD per month, is it sufficient enough? Plus we have some savings in our Indian Bank accounts.

Sabysawhney

Dec 4, 2018
Applied on 19th November paper based for myself
Got acknowledgement email on 22nd November
Got one more same acknowledgement email on 4th December
Then on 14th December got one more email like:-

“Thank you for making your application to visit Canada! We have received a large number of visitor visa applications from clients wanting to visit Canada at the same time as you.
We want to assure you that your application is in process and is proceeding normally. We continue to process the applications as quickly as possible.”

Tracking number shows your file is beingprocessed at canada visa office new delhi

Hope for the best for everyone.

My travel date is 31th december

When can i expect the decision

Can anyone help on this

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The issue is that your wife and child don't have strong ties to India so getting a TRV will be difficult but SOWP doesn't make a lot of sense either. You should be showing at least 15K in savings in my opinion. If you reapply for a TRV you need to show proof that your wife and child will be returning to India. A 6 week visit is also too long for a visit. You should have asked for 2-3 weeks that you could have extended when they arrived in Canada.

p_ojha

Aug 10, 2018
The issue is that your wife and child don't have strong ties to India so getting a TRV will be difficult but SOWP doesn't make a lot of sense either. You should be showing at least 15K in savings in my opinion. If you reapply for a TRV you need to show proof that your wife and child will be returning to India. A 6 week visit is also too long for a visit. You should have asked for 2-3 weeks that you could have extended when they arrived in Canada.
15K amount should be in Canadian bank account only or all (canada + india)? Also can i apply for SOWP right now or should i wait for some time ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
15K amount should be in Canadian bank account only or all (canada + india)? Also can i apply for SOWP right now or should i wait for some time ?
It can be in any currency. SOWP can take 4-5 months to process. Are you in a job that is NOC 0, A or B?

arungupta67

Apr 16, 2018
Applied on 19th November paper based for myself
Got acknowledgement email on 22nd November
Got one more same acknowledgement email on 4th December
Then on 14th December got one more email like:-

“Thank you for making your application to visit Canada! We have received a large number of visitor visa applications from clients wanting to visit Canada at the same time as you.
We want to assure you that your application is in process and is proceeding normally. We continue to process the applications as quickly as possible.”

Tracking number shows your file is beingprocessed at canada visa office new delhi

Hope for the best for everyone.

My travel date is 31th december

When can i expect the decision

Can anyone help on this
Hello
Don't worry, you will know good news near 1_5 jan 2019.my paper file also under review which I submit at chandigarh on 14/11/18