+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejected PR application. What to do next?

Maha98743

Oct 6, 2020
Hello everyone. I just got the update that my PR application was rejected because I had not uploaded my Canadian degree, but I had submitted my confirmation of graduation as well as my transcripts. My Work Permit has also expired and I am currently employed... I had applied for BWOP, which was based on the PR processing. Now that my PR application is cancelled and I'm going crazy here trying to get my degree asap, is there anything I can do? Has anyone been through this before? Any tips?!

Maha98743

Oct 6, 2020
Now i am worried, I have uploaded the Degree ( that in the ceremony they provide ) and letter confirmation of graduation ( graduation status) in Canada. Are they enough?
You dont have to worry. You submitted the degree. That's what I missed. You should be fine!

Reactions: samirsam

killeengao

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
I've seen many cancellation due to the same reason. Typically IRCC does not recognize confirmation letter for points claim... You have to wait for the degree then :/ You could try to appeal via webform, but it usually does not work(from cases I saw on forum).

Kasingxx

Sep 9, 2020
Could you tell me which one is degree ? We only got one letter which they gave us at convocation that wrote my name congratulate me and my program thats it
It's a degree certificate. It's a nicely decorated paper that people will put it in a glass frame. Most colleges will give you a fake one to hold on the ceremony stage, and give you the real one right after the convocation ceremony.

killeengao

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Could you tell me which one is degree ? We only got one letter which they gave us at convocation that wrote my name congratulate me and my program thats it
I mean the parchment/degree certificate, which states your name, program and study field, stamp or signature of chancellor & president. You may google it to see the images