+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejected Application - IMM1344 not complete?

buttertart

Apr 27, 2015
Hi guys,
A little confused here, I'll be as detailed and succinct as possible.

Sent our full application off April 29 2015 and only just now received our package back stating our IMM1344 Application to sponsor document isn't complete...
Other than that we have nothing to go on, we double checked every document for signatures etc and its all there... paid all the fees (actually over paid slightly) all the checks etc...
I have status until Dec 30 of this year so I can still apply again but just gutted its taken 2 months to get this minimal response... I don't want to shoot it off again and have it sent back.

So I have a couple of questions:
Is there a common error we may have overlooked on our forms? (We tripple checked every applicable cell was filled out and signed)
All our forms and documents (Police checks tax info etc) is all dated April 28, do we need to fill out all the forms again and get new police checks? Or can we send the application back as is with the updated forms?
When they look through our application do they look through the whole thing for errors? Or do they stop looking once they find an error? In our case the form in error was on top. I just don't want to make the same mistakes on the other forms.
The current WHP visa I'm on was meant to last another year but the boarder agent only let me in for a year based on travel insurance (they made me go back and buy some) Is there a possibility of extending my current visa? If so how would I go about doing that?

Thanks in advance,
Beau.

egbarr83

Mar 14, 2015
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
17-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
04-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Is there a common error we may have overlooked on our forms? (We tripple checked every applicable cell was filled out and signed)
All our forms and documents (Police checks tax info etc) is all dated April 28, do we need to fill out all the forms again and get new police checks? Or can we send the application back as is with the updated forms?
When they look through our application do they look through the whole thing for errors? Or do they stop looking once they find an error? In our case the form in error was on top. I just don't want to make the same mistakes on the other forms.

Thanks in advance,
Beau.
[/quote]

When we first applied in July ours was sent back in August because they had updated one of the forms - might be worth checking the date at the bottom of the form to make sure it is the most current form, they will send it back if it isn't. Match it the dates up with what is online to be sure. Worth triple checking the forms are completed and signed properly, the police check should be fine. We went through a similar experience with the one form on top that needed updating, it is nerve wracking sending it back! They were really fast after we had sent it back though, they sent it to us in August and we got it all sent in again the next day then received Sponsorship Approval in September.

Hope this helps!

MariMari7

Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17 2015
AOR Received.
AOR Sponsor-June 11, 2015, AOR Applicant -December 11,2015
Med's Done....
Filed with Application
I may know what wrong. That form was updated I believe on the 25th of April. I sent mine I. The 17 and was worried they would send back so I wnet and checked the properties of the new form and it was really the 25 or 27, might be why???

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deja vu:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/imm1344-has-been-wrongly-updated-by-cic-t97753.0.html

According to CIC (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp) the form was updated last August.

IMM 5409 and IMM 0008 were both updated in April of this year.

egbarr83

Mar 14, 2015
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
17-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
04-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Ponga said:
Deja vu:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/imm1344-has-been-wrongly-updated-by-cic-t97753.0.html

According to CIC (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp) the form was updated last August.

This happened to us, I was rotted as we sent ours off July 29th and the form was updated August 1st or something.. so even though we sent it off with the correct form by the time they received it they had updated it so sent our application package back! It is frustrating, but just get it filled out again and sent in as quick as possible.

chrismgallen

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
NB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
23-07-2015 OWP Received.: 20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
egbarr83 said:
This happened to us, I was rotted as we sent ours off July 29th and the form was updated August 1st or something.. so even though we sent it off with the correct form by the time they received it they had updated it so sent our application package back! It is frustrating, but just get it filled out again and sent in as quick as possible.
As someone who sent off an IMM 0008 and OWP form that were both a matter of days out of date before realising - I now have a sinking feeling...

Gemmie

Nov 10, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2015
AOR Received.
30-06-2015/SA 17-08-2015
File Transfer...
20-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
21-01-2016
I have a sinking feeling too... Havent received AOR yet......I am sure I have sent in an outdated form.. even though
that form was updated in Late MAY not in april , even if the website says it was April.. it was not...

Sigh......

If mine comes back I'm going to be considering and Inland Application so my USA husband can work even though its much faster for outland.
He feels useless sitting here doing nothing.

MariMari7

Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Filed with Application
Maybe Ponga can chime in on this.

If you receive AOR is there still a chance they can send the entire application back?
Lately I have been hearing many coming back even if only because of OWP supposed errors, though a while ago CIC would just request the info and not send everything back.

I have received the sponsor AOR therefore I am hoping that they are not going to send the app back if there is an issue with the forms which were clearly released 1 week before we submitted.

Johninsask

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-09-2016
According to the cic website, Imm008 was updated in April. As an early May applicant, I can assure you that when I sent off the forms on the morning of May 4th the CIC website did not display this new update. I know because I checked obsessively up until 15 minutes before I went to Canada Post. But voila, at some point a few days later CIC changed the update date on their website for that particular form and stirred a bunch of us early May people into a state of needless concern.

So what does this mean?

1. Well, unlike previous updates, this "April" update [which I studied LINE by LINE] deals only with the fine print disclosure language [i.e. how your personal data is shared] that appears after the point where your signature appears. As such applicants will not be answering questions any differently, nor adding or subtracting any data they would have otherwise provided on the February update. Thus sending early May applications back really doesn't accomplish anything... added to which they would be sending back a TONNE of applications.

2. I called the call centre for more guidance on this. I'm the one lucky person, it seems, who has gotten 'straight' answers each time I've dealt with them. The agent I spoke with [who did not know of the update] straight up told me my app might be returned, depending on the agent.. but that realistically if the only change is in the disclosure language, they won't bother. It's not like this involves questions about dependents like the February form did. You can take this for what it's worth...

3. I've heard of quite a few people [i.e. May 1 to 6] applicants who have received AOR already, and outland applicants who have received Sponsor Approval. In fact I have yet to hear a single case of an application returned because of the IMM008 May update. Has anyone heard differently?

Having said all that, this really is one case where I wouldn't worry. I'm a notorious worrier when it comes to this stuff, but I'm not worried. If my app gets sent back [just wait, knowing my luck, it will] then I'll deal with it then.

MariMari7

Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Filed with Application
Johninsask said:
According to the cic website, Imm008 was updated in April. As an early May applicant, I can assure you that when I sent off the forms on the morning of May 4th the CIC website did not display this new update. I know because I checked obsessively up until 15 minutes before I went to Canada Post. But voila, at some point a few days later CIC changed the update date on their website for that particular form and stirred a bunch of us early May people into a state of needless concern.

So what does this mean?

1. Well, unlike previous updates, this "April" update [which I studied LINE by LINE] deals only with the fine print disclosure language [i.e. how your personal data is shared] that appears after the point where your signature appears. As such applicants will not be answering questions any differently, nor adding or subtracting any data they would have otherwise provided on the February update. Thus sending early May applications back really doesn't accomplish anything... added to which they would be sending back a TONNE of applications.

2. I called the call centre for more guidance on this. I'm the one lucky person, it seems, who has gotten 'straight' answers each time I've dealt with them. The agent I spoke with [who did not know of the update] straight up told me my app might be returned, depending on the agent.. but that realistically if the only change is in the disclosure language, they won't bother. It's not like this involves questions about dependents like the February form did. You can take this for what it's worth...

3. I've heard of quite a few people [i.e. May 1 to 6] applicants who have received AOR already, and outland applicants who have received Sponsor Approval. In fact I have yet to hear a single case of an application returned because of the IMM008 May update. Has anyone heard differently?

Having said all that, this really is one case where I wouldn't worry. I'm a notorious worrier when it comes to this stuff, but I'm not worried. If my app gets sent back [just wait, knowing my luck, it will] then I'll deal with it then.
HI John;

I have also had pleasant encounters the couple of times i called the call center. I could not get the information I needed as they said they do not have our authorisation form showing where i can call for my husband, but emailed me another form for us to sign and send in so that i can eventually speak.

I also was meticulous with the application as you were before sending it out and checking dates, though now at their mercy. The agent I spoke to also told me everything depends on the person working on your file.

singhGrewal

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Hi
I'm under stress plsss Guide me and Help....
I have submitted spouse visa application outland 2015 and I have missed to answer on a question on background check page which says
1.Have you ever refused a temporary visa or permit to Canada , I was refused study visa in 2011 caz of course mismatch ,I have mistakenly answered No because I was under the impression it was not about study visa ,however as I have read quotes it says it should b written as Yes.
Is there any way I can email Cic and amend that.
Will it have very negative affect on my spousal application.

Please revert ,would highly appreciate the right advise.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
Ponga said:
Deja vu:

and this is another good reason to sometimes hire an Immigration consultant. Right ? :D

PhantomUser

Dec 20, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8 2015
AOR Received.
March 12 2015
File Transfer...
March 16 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 22 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 7 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 20 2015
We submitted old forms (2 updates behind old) and now are waiting for visa to be affixed on my spouse's passport. So you might have missed something.

Mapleson

Apr 2, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
18-10-2015
Did you "validate" the form? Did you fill it in incorrectly with your applicant spouse as a co-sponsor?

chrismgallen

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
NB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
23-07-2015 OWP Received.: 20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hey guys,

Just to let you know that I received AOR today regardless of using the older version of the IMM 0008, so I hope that anyone else in the same boat will receive theirs shortly if not already!