FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
Hi Everyone.

Can anyone post their experience in applying for rehabilitation and their timeframe or timeline including visa office?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Have you tried searching the forum? There are a number of rehabilitation threads in various sections of the forum that likely contain the information you're looking for.

Overall, processing time is generally anywhere from a few months to well over a year. Unfortunately it's quite individual and difficult to guess how long any specific case may take.

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
I've read a lot of them and they either don't post thier timeline as they forget to cone back to the fourm and tell us or the results are from 2016 and before. just looking for more recent results if any out there

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
The application will always take more than a year if it is a serious criminality case. Other cases take between a few months up to a year. This time frame goes in parallel with your existing visa application and does not add to it.

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
I have a PR application in progress which will be a year in 14 July 2018. I submitted my application for rehabilitation in May 27th 2018 after the VO said they would be in touch at a later date to let me know if rehab was required or not in March 2018. Didn't hear any updates so applied in May this year to be proactive.

are you saying it's likely my rehab application and PR application will still be done at same time or rehab first then PR application resume afterwards?

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
I think your PR is almost complete if it is been over a year. The time frame for your rehab application starts when you submitted it May 27th, so if your PR requires it it will be approved at the same time your rehab is approved, otherwise your PR processing continues as normal and may be approved at any time.

Ferguson27

Sep 22, 2019
Sorry for jumping into this discussion, I need help concerning the rehabilitation process. I don’t know where to find the answer to my question, we are applying for Outland sponsorship AND criminal rehabilitation. Where do we send both of the application ? Visa office, nearest Canada embassy ? Sydney (canada) ??
On cic website it’s only written where to send both application but it’s for temporary visa, not permanente via sponsorship....
Thank you !

Dichosa

Dec 19, 2019
Sorry for jumping into this discussion, I need help concerning the rehabilitation process. I don’t know where to find the answer to my question, we are applying for Outland sponsorship AND criminal rehabilitation. Where do we send both of the application ? Visa office, nearest Canada embassy ? Sydney (canada) ??
On cic website it’s only written where to send both application but it’s for temporary visa, not permanente via sponsorship....
Thank you !
to your local VO

elgama

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Hello, I hope you can help me with lived or told experiences, I will tell you from the beginning.
I lived in the USA illegally as many Mexicans do in that country, living in that country I was accused of domestic violence to my wife and deported at the same time of this country, the charges were 3 years of probation and misdemeanor, all this in 2011, with a fine of 2500usd, which being in mexico I paid them and the 3 years of probation already passed, the worst is yet to come, because of my experience I get many job offers in canada, in 2014 I wanted to be smart and it has been one of my worst mistakes, I lied in an application and was charged for misrepresentation, I have read a lot about this and I understand that it was a big mistake, every year I receive at least 2 or 3 job offers, I understand my crime of violence in the USA and the misrepresentation in Canada, I am sorry I understood my mistakes and I have been rehabilitated since I have been married to the same woman since 1999 and have 3 children, we are still very close, every day I respect my family more and more, should I apply for rehabilitation after 7 years since probation and my payment of my fine or do you think I will not be able to do it? Or my chances of getting a rehabilitation almost null or practically impossible?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I hope you can help me with lived or told experiences, I will tell you from the beginning.
I lived in the USA illegally as many Mexicans do in that country, living in that country I was accused of domestic violence to my wife and deported at the same time of this country, the charges were 3 years of probation and misdemeanor, all this in 2011, with a fine of 2500usd, which being in mexico I paid them and the 3 years of probation already passed, the worst is yet to come, because of my experience I get many job offers in canada, in 2014 I wanted to be smart and it has been one of my worst mistakes, I lied in an application and was charged for misrepresentation, I have read a lot about this and I understand that it was a big mistake, every year I receive at least 2 or 3 job offers, I understand my crime of violence in the USA and the misrepresentation in Canada, I am sorry I understood my mistakes and I have been rehabilitated since I have been married to the same woman since 1999 and have 3 children, we are still very close, every day I respect my family more and more, should I apply for rehabilitation after 7 years since probation and my payment of my fine or do you think I will not be able to do it? Or my chances of getting a rehabilitation almost null or practically impossible?
It's quite possible rehaiblitation may be approved.

However this doesn't mean that a work permit will be possible for you. The fact you were deported from the US and lived there illegally will be significant barriers to getting a work permit approved for Canada. This demonstrates past violations of immigration rules which generally makes it quite difficult to get a temporary visa (like a work permit) to Canada.

My recommendation would be that you focus on applying to immigrate to Canada. This is the better path for someone with your immigration history.

elgama

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
It's quite possible rehaiblitation may be approved.

However this doesn't mean that a work permit will be possible for you. The fact you were deported from the US and lived there illegally will be significant barriers to getting a work permit approved for Canada. This demonstrates past violations of immigration rules which generally makes it quite difficult to get a temporary visa (like a work permit) to Canada.

My recommendation would be that you focus on applying to immigrate to Canada. This is the better path for someone with your immigration history.
I am getting old or already am, which are points against me, having a job offer in conjunction with a LMIA helps a lot and I get them all the time, but I am not applying for a work visa because I understand that I am inadmissible and need to apply for reahabillitation, my intention is to become rehabilitated and apply for a work visa with an approved LMIA.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am getting old or already am, which are points against me, having a job offer in conjunction with a LMIA helps a lot and I get them all the time, but I am not applying for a work visa because I understand that I am inadmissible and need to apply for reahabillitation, my intention is to become rehabilitated and apply for a work visa with an approved LMIA.
In that case you should go ahead and apply for rehabilitation and see what happens. That's your next step.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
if you are in my shoes? 47 years old , borned in november? tell me whats the best way?
Immigration will be difficult due to your age.

The work permit will be difficult due you your past illegal status and deportation from the US.

It's really up to you what you do. If you want to try for the work permit, then you need to start by applying for rehabilitation.

elgama

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Immigration will be difficult due to your age.

The work permit will be difficult due you your past illegal status and deportation from the US.

It's really up to you what you do. If you want to try for the work permit, then you need to start by applying for rehabilitation.
it not matter my job skills? and recommendation and etc? and if I declare all of this honestly, having 3 children from the US, theyre age 17,15 and 3, but they want to be together with me and the whole family, they dont want to live in different countries, if I get the chance to canada they want to come with me

Last edited: