4-5-2010
Doc's Request.
4-10-2010
AOR Received.
25-01-2011 2ND AOR
IELTS Request
12-01-2011 with FD
fariza said:
Thanks Izabelle for initiating thread on this very important issue... Pl keep it going and be alive. In fact its the ultimate area of concern for most of the PR today or tomorrow... Just wondering whether Teacher in general belongs to the regulated profession as I have seen ad where it says it depends on Job circulating authority or authority as referred/recommend by them to consider/assess (mostly the academic credential) and teachers supposed not need any license to practice (Other than technical teaching profession.....).
HI FARIZA...

Ok...lets classify them out...focusing in Edmonton, Alberta as an example

[size=10pt][size=10pt]University Professors and Assistants (NOC 412)[/size][/size]

[size=10pt]* University Professors (NOC 4121)[/size]

Note: This occupation does not require certification in Alberta.

In Canada, some provinces and territories regulate certain professions and trades while others do not. If you have a licence to work in one province, your licence may not be accepted in other provinces or territories.

Most regulatory bodies and apprenticeship authorities have their own Web sites that provide information on licensing, eligibility requirements, foreign credential recognition, registration fees and contact information. Contact information for the relevant regulatory body can be found below (if applicable).
Newcomers and Foreign Credential Recognition: Who should recognize your credentials?

* Regulated Occupation: If your occupation is regulated, credential assessment and recognition is usually completed by a regulatory body. Contact information for the relevant regulatory body can be found below (if applicable).
* Non-Regulated Occupation: If your occupation is non-regulated, employers will be interested in learning about your education and work experience. This information can be summarized in a resume. Employers may be interested in the Canadian equivalency to your international educational credentials. For a fee, a provincial credential assessment agency can assess your credentials. Contact information for the relevant credential assessment agency can be found below (if applicable).

TIP: A credential assessment takes time and costs money. Check with a regulatory body or other organization to determine if you need an assessment before spending money on an assessment that is not required or recognized.

[size=10pt]* Post-Secondary Teaching and Research Assistants (NOC 4122)[/size]

In Canada, some provinces and territories regulate certain professions and trades while others do not. If you have a licence to work in one province, your licence may not be accepted in other provinces or territories.

Most regulatory bodies and apprenticeship authorities have their own Web sites that provide information on licensing, eligibility requirements, foreign credential recognition, registration fees and contact information. Contact information for the relevant regulatory body can be found below (if applicable).
Newcomers and Foreign Credential Recognition: Who should recognize your credentials?

* Regulated Occupation: If your occupation is regulated, credential assessment and recognition is usually completed by a regulatory body. Contact information for the relevant regulatory body can be found below (if applicable).
* Non-Regulated Occupation: If your occupation is non-regulated, employers will be interested in learning about your education and work experience. This information can be summarized in a resume. Employers may be interested in the Canadian equivalency to your international educational credentials. For a fee, a provincial credential assessment agency can assess your credentials. Contact information for the relevant credential assessment agency can be found below (if applicable).

TIP: A credential assessment takes time and costs money. Check with a regulatory body or other organization to determine if you need an assessment before spending money on an assessment that is not required or recognized.

[size=10pt][size=10pt]College and Other Vocational Instructors (NOC 413)[/size][/size]

[size=10pt]* College and Other Vocational Instructors (NOC 4131)[/size]

[size=10pt][size=10pt]Secondary and Elementary School Teachers and Educational Counsellors (NOC 414)[/size][/size]

[size=10pt] * Secondary School Teachers (NOC 4141)[/size]

Note: This occupation is regulated in the following Provinces and/or Territories:

* Alberta
* British Columbia
* Manitoba
* New Brunswick
* Newfoundland and Labrador
* Northwest Territories
* Nova Scotia
* Nunavut
* Ontario
* Prince Edward Island
* Quebec
* Saskatchewan
* Yukon

Are you a Newcomer or thinking of Immigrating to Canada?
Who should recognize your credentials?

The occupation (Teacher) requires certification in the province or territory: Alberta

Regulatory Body
Address: Alberta Education High School Transcripts and Diplomas 2nd Floor, 44 Capital Boulevard 10044 - 108 Street NW Edmonton, Alberta T5J 5E6
Phone: 780-427-5732
Fax: 780-422-2137
Web Site: www.education.gov.ab.ca/k_12/teaching/certification/
Other Contact Information: Visit the CERTinfo - Certification and Registration Requirements for Employment in Alberta home page.

[size=10pt]*Elementary School and Kindergarten Teachers (NOC 4142)[/size]

Note: This occupation is regulated in the following Provinces and/or Territories:

* Alberta
* British Columbia
* Manitoba
* New Brunswick
* Newfoundland and Labrador
* Northwest Territories
* Nova Scotia
* Nunavut
* Ontario
* Prince Edward Island
* Quebec
* Saskatchewan
* Yukon

[size=10pt]*Educational Counsellors (NOC 4143)[/size]

* Quebec

Link: http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/report-eng.do?action=display_allnoc

HOPE IT DID HELP...THANKS

ali786leo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi I am applying in NOC 7216 Contractor and supervisor in Mechanic Trades
But my education is in computer science .
In OP 6 they cleary mention that employment requirment is nit neccasary to ful fil also this is non regulated job in canada

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Izabelle07 for the clarification post and link and It didn't change my idea as it was before.... unlike many other profession NOC 4121/4131 are mostly non regulated profession. As in most provinces they doesn't enforce any certification or license......Specially the 4121 (with few exception) are required to declare/evaluate credential accordingly or match with skill/expectation (resume builder or self statements) as desired/circulated by the respective employer.... However,l its doesn't make big difference as still its not that easy to compete in these professional job despite having a number of overseas qualification and honors on !!!

nantzlei

Aug 22, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 20, 2012
Doc's Request.
COE and Bank History : December 05, 2012
Nomination.....
December 17, 2012
AOR Received.
March 01, 2013
File Transfer...
March 1, 2013
Med's Request
April 04, 2013
Med's Done....
April 08, 2013
Passport Req..
August 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 19, 2013
Is electrician a regulated or non regulated job?
please help...

trust_in_god

Aug 11, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
July 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
Thanks izabelle!!! Please inform us on the social work profession. Is it regulated or not?

drmahbub35

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
thanks ezebella
aweome!!u r really doing nice work.btw i m a phyician from bangladesh.if i want to assses my certificates before landing where shuold i go?do u have any idea?another point if dont want to practice medicine rather studt M.S on a meedical subject is it possible?i likee research works so how & where should i start?waiting for ur reply.also opinion from others cordially welcome.
thanks
in advance
mahbub

XubX

Nov 18, 2012
Wait... So does this mean that NOC1312 Loss Adjusters is not a regulated profession. Because from my understanding Loss Adjusters must hold a licence to practice in Canada. Strange.

nav01

Feb 23, 2013
Hello guys!
I wanted to confirm from you guys that if my profession is Regulated or Non Regulated, i m planning to apply for Manitoba PNP ! I work as an Administrative Officer in Agriculture Equipment manufacturing unit ! i couldnt find any useful info on this on the net ! your help will be much appreciated ! Cheers :)

istak08

Apr 13, 2013
Hello izabelle07 ,

My current occ is Corporate sales manager in spinning mills and previous was Computer sales represantative

is that regulated or non-regulated pls let me know i'm confused

Thanks & Best regards
Istak

Markliza

Jul 30, 2014
Very Helpful thanks to your post. My husband is a graduate of Bachelor in Agricultural Technology, however he is not a board passer. He has job experiences as an Area Sales Manager in a Company of Agriculture products. My question is, can i consider his education as a regulated job even if he has no licence? I am now on a process of answering our papers online, however i'm stuck with this question... If i answer as regulated job, it has a second question if my husband has a plan on getting a licence before going to Canada... pls help..Thank you

vananhthai

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
izabelle07, that's a great source of information. Thank you very much for sharing. There's one thing I'm still not clear, could you please or someone else explain this further whether I need my credential assessment before applying for MPNP or do I need to wait until being nominated then apply for credential assessment? I'm not sure which one needs to be done first since having an educational assessment may take a lot of time and very expensive. I would not jump into doing that without knowing whether I'll be given the visa to Canada. Thanks in advance for your help.

Vi

home1305

Apr 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the wonderful info.. Please guide me, Is College lecturer a regulated profession in Ontario at present ??? M vryy confused, nd i hv vry few days left to apply for Ontario's pnp .. Plzz guide me

mir.mahnaa

Aug 18, 2015
Hi, I need a little help. My job is in regulated jobs' list (psychology).

So, as I rea in a post I have to, " Use the Working in Canada Tool to create a report that will tell you whether your job is in a regulated occupation and help you find the correct regulatory body or apprenticeship authority."

where can i find this "working in Canada Tool"?
I also, appreciate any useful link or tips to guide me through, like where should I go and how can I receive required certificates for psychology, and what are tests should I pass, what are the resourses for these exams, etc.

thanks,

p.s. I'm not sure if this is related or not, but I'm planning to choose Alberta province.

noorulhuda

Dec 16, 2015
Manitoba, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
08-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-Jan-2018
LANDED..........
21-Feb-2018
Hi,

Hope you are doing well. I have applied under Skilled Workers Overseas (MPNP-SW) stream through MPNP for Manitoba, Winnipeg and received LAA for a full application. My occupation that I found in the list of NOC 2006/NOC 2011 is Software Engineer and Designer (2173). I am working in this profession for more than 5 years. I have some questions related to my profession which have been asked on the Online MPNP Portal. I hope you will help me in giving their answers:

1. If your occupation is regulated, what steps will you take to meet the requirements for working in this occupation in Manitoba?

(Is my above mentioned occupation is regulated in Manitoba? What should I select Yes / No?)

2. If your occupation is regulated, can you start the licensing process before you arrive?

(Please let me know how can I start the licensing process before my arrival? What should I select Yes / No?)

3. If yes, please explain what steps will be taken to start the licensing process before you arrive in Manitoba?

4. If your occupation is regulated, in what related, non-regulated occupations could you find skilled employment in Manitoba based on your training and work experience?

5. If your occupation is not regulated, what steps will you take before you arrive in Manitoba to ensure you find skilled employment soon after arriving in Manitoba?

I will appreciate your help in this regard.

Regards,

Noor

Reactions: nedian84