+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding the representative

vbollu

May 18, 2019
Can anyone please help, I am really confused.

I am applying for spousal sponsorship ( for my wife), in the IMM 0008 form where it asks for the contact information in the mailing address I have mentioned the address where she currently stays. I have not mentioned my current Canada address where I stay in that column because as the sponsor I don't wish to be her representative.

Now in the IMM5476 (Use of representative) in the checklist, they added a note that the application will be returned without processing if the sponsor will receive correspondence. Can I skip this form or do I still need to fill the form IMM 5476 as I am the sponsor?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Can anyone please help, I am really confused.

I am applying for spousal sponsorship ( for my wife), in the IMM 0008 form where it asks for the contact information in the mailing address I have mentioned the address where she currently stays. I have not mentioned my current Canada address where I stay in that column because as the sponsor I don't wish to be her representative.

Now in the IMM5476 (Use of representative) in the checklist, they added a note that the application will be returned without processing if the sponsor will receive correspondence. Can I skip this form or do I still need to fill the form IMM 5476 as I am the sponsor?

Thanks
You aren't going to receive correspondence on her behalf, so you don't need it.

Mitul Tailor

Jun 8, 2020
Hi ,

My wife is the sponsor and I am the principal applicant in our PR application. I have mentioned that all the correspondence should be sent me. But the PR file will be couriered by my wife who is in Canada, so in this case do we need to submit 'Use of representative form'?

Will there be any issue in receiving the correspondence to principal applicant in India?

Mitul.