+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding reference letter from closed company

Senthil2610933

Nov 10, 2019
The roles and responsibilities of your job must be substantially matching with those of the NOC on the website it cant match word for word unless your company issues your roles that are by chance matching 100 percent with the NOC which is nearly impossible because the NOC is written to what the canadian job market expects from that role to do and not any other market
100 percent match will raise suspisions, unless you are working in Canada or with a Canadian company.
So your job roles must be close in sense to that of the NOC and substantially matching the NOC and by substantially its not a mathematical formula its just when you read it you get the sense that its mostly matching
Hi,
As said the company is not providing me reference letter without Job description. They are ready to provide other basic information. Can I that letter and get a seperate reference from a senior in my previous company to show my job description?

I was reporting to the CEO of the firm. Apparently there is change in CEO hence he doesn't knowe and not giving me. I can get it from a senior colleague who worked alongside with me?
Will this do. Please help me out

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Hi,
As said the company is not providing me reference letter without Job description. They are ready to provide other basic information. Can I that letter and get a seperate reference from a senior in my previous company to show my job description?

I was reporting to the CEO of the firm. Apparently there is change in CEO hence he doesn't knowe and not giving me. I can get it from a senior colleague who worked alongside with me?
Will this do. Please help me out
Yes this will work, you can submit as many docs as you want to support your job experience and of course an hr letter alongside a letter from a collegue will work but you have to explain in the LOE why are you providing two letters and not one, of course the officer does know that you might have faced issues with obtaining all the information in one letter, but its always advisable to make it clear for them in an LOE that the resaon you werent able to obtain the information in one letter should be explained.
As for a senior collegue, yes but also depends on how senior he is, does his title show that je is superior to you, like a team leader, senior xxxx etc. If so then it will work specially if he was able to write it on a letterhead. What if there is no letterhead? It is advisable then to get it notarized i.e get it signed by him in the presence of a notary who witnesses the signature procedures and makes sure that your senior is in fact your senior (you will be able to find a lot of notary services where you live), along with that its better if he/she attached the business card at the time when he used to work for this firm and also his current business card( won't hurt )
Note: you need to indicate that your company closed in the LOE so that they know that he was your ex collegue

Reactions: Senthil2610933

Senthil2610933

Nov 10, 2019
Yes this will work, you can submit as many docs as you want to support your job experience and of course an hr letter alongside a letter from a collegue will work but you have to explain in the LOE why are you providing two letters and not one, of course the officer does know that you might have faced issues with obtaining all the information in one letter, but its always advisable to make it clear for them in an LOE that the resaon you werent able to obtain the information in one letter should be explained.
As for a senior collegue, yes but also depends on how senior he is, does his title show that je is superior to you, like a team leader, senior xxxx etc. If so then it will work specially if he was able to write it on a letterhead. What if there is no letterhead? It is advisable then to get it notarized i.e get it signed by him in the presence of a notary who witnesses the signature procedures and makes sure that your senior is in fact your senior (you will be able to find a lot of notary services where you live), along with that its better if he/she attached the business card at the time when he used to work for this firm and also his current business card( won't hurt )
Note: you need to indicate that your company closed in the LOE so that they know that he was your ex collegue
Thanks a lot mate.
Actually I was reporting to the CEO. My initial CEO got fired a month before I got transferred. The new CEO has no clue on what I did. He is the bottleneck
+ my company got taken over which I pretty much mentioned in my colleague's letter and the HR letter( without JD) .
+ I also have mail stating that company doesn't provide such JD reference letter !

Regarding notary - although both my parents, brother can notarize, I can find this one easily I guess :)

Senthil2610933

Nov 10, 2019
Also, can my old CEO(associated with difference company) write a reference for me ?

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Also, can my old CEO(associated with difference company) write a reference for me ?
Yea but its better to get from someone currently working there and was there when you were still working with them

Senthil2610933

Nov 10, 2019
Also, can my old CEO(associated with difference company) write a reference letter for me ?
Yea but its better to get from someone currently working there and was there when you were still working with them
As the company got acquired, All the senior employees who I worked moved out the company or moved within group company . That's the catch
I'll have to go with self attestation

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Also, can my old CEO(associated with difference company) write a reference letter for me ?

As the company got acquired, All the senior employees who I worked moved out the company or moved within group company . That's the catch
I'll have to go with self attestation
No no, get it from them and explain in the LOE that they were working with you at the time when you were there, dont go with self attestation its a very weak proof and will fall under scrutiny.

Senthil2610933

Nov 10, 2019
No no, get it from them and explain in the LOE that they were working with you at the time when you were there, dont go with self attestation its a very weak proof and will fall under scrutiny.
Understood. Will follow everything.

I might be applying for student visa next year in UK. Have good scores for my B school. Lets say if i get my candian PR rejected, will it affect my student visa in UK based on 5 country agreement ??

Anyway you have been superhelp through the process. Can't thank you enough! Thanks so much

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Understood. Will follow everything.

I might be applying for student visa next year in UK. Have good scores for my B school. Lets say if i get my candian PR rejected, will it affect my student visa in UK based on 5 country agreement ??

Anyway you have been superhelp through the process. Can't thank you enough! Thanks so much
Dont worry, it wont be rejected
And no it doesnt affect, cause if God forbid it happened it wont be because of any security concerns

Reactions: Senthil2610933

Senthil2610933

Nov 10, 2019
Dont worry, it wont be rejected
And no it doesnt affect, cause if God forbid it happened it wont be because of any security concerns
Thank you for your kind words.

What all proofs I need to collect from my former colleague ( currently with different entity )?
1.Signature ( with notarized )
2.We don't use business cards. will past ID card work ?

Should I mention their current company, current designation or just past designation and company when I was emplyed at the company ?

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Thank you for your kind words.

What all proofs I need to collect from my former colleague ( currently with different entity )?
1.Signature ( with notarized )
2.We don't use business cards. will past ID card work ?

Should I mention their current company, current designation or just past designation and company when I was emplyed at the company ?
Yea these will do, you could use the ID instead of the business card actually its better. Mentioning their current position or not wont really matter that much, as long as its proven that they were working with you at the time of your enployment there. Just one more thing that you have left out and that is the LOE, just write an LOE that explains all that

Senthil2610933

Nov 10, 2019
The roles and responsibilities of your job must be substantially matching with those of the NOC on the website it cant match word for word unless your company issues your roles that are by chance matching 100 percent with the NOC which is nearly impossible because the NOC is written to what the canadian job market expects from that role to do and not any other market
100 percent match will raise suspisions, unless you are working in Canada or with a Canadian company.
So your job roles must be close in sense to that of the NOC and substantially matching the NOC and by substantially its not a mathematical formula its just when you read it you get the sense that its mostly matching
Hi Canadavisa92,

Hope you are well!

I have a couple of questions. Can you please guide?

1. In primary Occupation section, EE profile asks me Date when I first became qualified to practice in this occupation
Let's say I belong to NOC 1112 and I started working as analyst from(relevant experience) from Aug 2018 but I am qualified to work in the area since I passed my master's degree which is from March-2017. Which date should i Put ?

2. In work history, I started my first job on April 10th 2017, my second job in 20th Aug 2018 but as of today, the EE profile calculates my experience as 3 years when I am still short by 30 days technically speaking. ( EE doesn't ask for the date of Joining etc. ) Is this fair and okay?

Thanks so much

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Hi Canadavisa92,

Hope you are well!

I have a couple of questions. Can you please guide?

1. In primary Occupation section, EE profile asks me Date when I first became qualified to practice in this occupation
Let's say I belong to NOC 1112 and I started working as analyst from(relevant experience) from Aug 2018 but I am qualified to work in the area since I passed my master's degree which is from March-2017. Which date should i Put ?

2. In work history, I started my first job on April 10th 2017, my second job in 20th Aug 2018 but as of today, the EE profile calculates my experience as 3 years when I am still short by 30 days technically speaking. ( EE doesn't ask for the date of Joining etc. ) Is this fair and okay?

Thanks so much
Sorry for answering this late, was busy and got caught up in stuff
regarding the 1st point, you put the date that you have graduated from your bachelors even if you were eligible to work in your job since then, I dont think it matters that much.
regarding the 2nd point, I am really not sure but if I remember correctly, the EE application does ask for the month, so I dont know how the EE calculated it to be 3 years

Senthil2610933

Nov 10, 2019
Thanks
Canadavisa92

I haven't accepted my ITA yet. Can you please help to figure out my NOC ( not sure it is 4163 or 1122 ). I have 2-month experience in an NBFC company in thier Projects team. If i couldn't identify right NOC I might have to wait for 2 more months ( to complete 3 years ) and accept the ITA

Below is my job duties:

Conduct primary research with help of Interns in different districts of India for understanding the cash flow pattern of self-employed customers in businesses such as hardware stores, supermarkets and provide recommendation on various income drivers
Analyze and provide advice on demographic parameters to be considered for credit underwriting process of No-Income proof customers in hardware stores, supermarkets businesses
Analyze the existing underwriting process of no-income proof car loan customers and propose an indicative model to standardize the income assessment of customers in the same category
Assist in developing a predictive in-house credit model to reorganize the credit underwriting process of the Income proof car loan customers in order to improve speed and efficiency of the existing manual underwriting process
Validate the devised model by tuning against past underwritten cases and with inputs of credit mangers to improve the effectiveness of the credit model

Best,
Senthil

Any thoughts or opinion would be highly appreciated here

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019