+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding reference letter from closed company

Senthil2610933

Nov 10, 2019
Hi,

My previous company was taken over by the competitor in August 2019 which is know market information. The new entity is not ready to give me reference letter.
I spoke with a senior manager of that entity(who worked along with me) - he said he can give me a reference letter ( not in letter pad) . Also the head of HR ,at the time of my resignation, said she can also give me the letter. ( who is different group entity now) .
I can also provide my offer letter, joining letter, release letter, salary slips etc.
Will this do? Is there anything else I am supposed to do?
Please any inputs would be highly appreciated.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Hi,

My previous company was taken over by the competitor in August 2019 which is know market information. The new entity is not ready to give me reference letter.
I spoke with a senior manager of that entity(who worked along with me) - he said he can give me a reference letter ( not in letter pad) . Also the head of HR ,at the time of my resignation, said she can also give me the letter. ( who is different group entity now) .
I can also provide my offer letter, joining letter, release letter, salary slips etc.
Will this do? Is there anything else I am supposed to do?
Please any inputs would be highly appreciated.
This is definelty not the first case that a manager or a company isnt willing to provide the letter on a letterhead. So, first thing to do is keep on trying once and twice and thrice and if you lick didnt strike then go with taking the managers reference letter (on plain paper) and notarize it (i.e go with your manager to a notary and make him sign it there and then the notary to stamp on the letter too declaring that he saw the person that signed this document face to face) notarizing adds a lot of value to the letter its not a must though. Along with this letter get a copy your managers business card and explain the whole situation in the LOE literally explain everything and dont leave anything for the officer to guess or dig out.
These steps are the second best thing after the reference letter on the official letterhead. Do that and i am sure that the IRCC has faced such a situation before and they know how to act in a proper and fair manner

Best of luck

Reactions: Senthil2610933

Senthil2610933

Nov 10, 2019
This is definelty not the first case that a manager or a company isnt willing to provide the letter on a letterhead. So, first thing to do is keep on trying once and twice and thrice and if you lick didnt strike then go with taking the managers reference letter (on plain paper) and notarize it (i.e go with your manager to a notary and make him sign it there and then the notary to stamp on the letter too declaring that he saw the person that signed this document face to face) notarizing adds a lot of value to the letter its not a must though. Along with this letter get a copy your managers business card and explain the whole situation in the LOE literally explain everything and dont leave anything for the officer to guess or dig out.
These steps are the second best thing after the reference letter on the official letterhead. Do that and i am sure that the IRCC has faced such a situation before and they know how to act in a proper and fair manner

Best of luck
One more thing - I have 1.3 years of experience in company A, 2 months of experience in Parent Company of company A ( got transferred ) and 1.5 years of experience in company B. Will it be counted for 3 years of work experience ?
Thanks canadavisa92

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
One more thing - I have 1.3 years of experience in company A, 2 months of experience in Parent Company of company A ( got transferred ) and 1.5 years of experience in company B. Will it be counted for 3 years of work experience ?
Thanks canadavisa92
During all these periods of work l, where you doing the same work?, in other words was your work under the same NOC?.
What do you mean by 1.3?, 1 year and 3 months or 1 year and third of a year which is 4 months ?

Senthil2610933

Nov 10, 2019
During all these periods of work l, where you doing the same work?, in other words was your work under the same NOC?.
What do you mean by 1.3?, 1 year and 3 months or 1 year and third of a year which is 4 months ?
Yes, same work (NOC). 1 year 3 months in one company and 2 months experience in parent company under NOC 1122. I have transfer letter and all proofs.

1 year 7 months under NOC 1112 for different NOC!

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Then yes you can claim 3 years under 2 different NOCs
1 year and 5 months under one
And 1 year and 7 months under another.
Is there any gap im between?

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
The primary NOC will be 1112 and not my first experience!
Thank you
I dont think it matters which is your primary, actually i am not quite experienced with claiming 2 nocs but i guess it wont matter which is your primary NOC as it isnt related to whether you did it first or not. Some people work in X and them 5 years later work in Y for 3 years and they claim Y as their main while keeping X in the personal history

Senthil2610933

Nov 10, 2019
Then yes you can claim 3 years under 2 different NOCs
1 year and 5 months under one
And 1 year and 7 months under another.
Is there any gap im between?
I see. Thank you so much.
Actually I need to wait for 3 more months in my current firm to complete 3 years experience.

See
After my UG
-Worked 3 months in small scale firm- NOC 1122
Then I did my MBA
Joined a financial services firm
- worked 1 year 3 months ( NOC 1122)
Then transferred
-worked 2 months ( NOC 1122)
Then switched to investment banking
- working for 1 year 6 months ( NOC 1112)
So basically if I can't include that 3 months of pre MBA work ex. I need to wait for 3 more months ?

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
I see. Thank you so much.
Actually I need to wait for 3 more months in my current firm to complete 3 years experience.

See
After my UG
-Worked 3 months in small scale firm- NOC 1122
Then I did my MBA
Joined a financial services firm
- worked 1 year 3 months ( NOC 1122)
Then transferred
-worked 2 months ( NOC 1122)
Then switched to investment banking
- working for 1 year 6 months ( NOC 1112)
So basically if I can't include that 3 months of pre MBA work ex. I need to wait for 3 more months ?
I think you can, and if you dont want to, then you will wait only for 1 month you have 1 year 5 months and then 1 year and 6 months so that leaves 1 month to the 3 years

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Still I don't want to wait as the scores are increasingly constant
Thanks again! !
I guess it still counts as experience, the MBA might have just given you a raise or a higher position but still in tue same NOC, IRCC gives no regard to the NOCs educational credentials or positions they just care about the job duties and what you have to do is to make sure the picked NOC matches with your hob duties

Reactions: Senthil2610933

Senthil2610933

Nov 10, 2019
I guess it still counts as experience, the MBA might have just given you a raise or a higher position but still in tue same NOC, IRCC gives no regard to the NOCs educational credentials or positions they just care about the job duties and what you have to do is to make sure the picked NOC matches with your hob duties
Thanks.
One last thing - my first experience was with financial services firm where I did work like process improvement, credit modelling to improve efficiency, planning risk management etc. Which is closely related to NOC 1122 ( business management consulting). How can I be double sure about this? Is it necessary that the roles & responsibility mentioned in NOC Canada website exactly matches with my responsibility ( same to same wordings ) ?

Thank you so much for your help. Have a great day !

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Thanks.
One last thing - my first experience was with financial services firm where I did work like process improvement, credit modelling to improve efficiency, planning risk management etc. Which is closely related to NOC 1122 ( business management consulting). How can I be double sure about this? Is it necessary that the roles & responsibility mentioned in NOC Canada website exactly matches with my responsibility ( same to same wordings ) ?

Thank you so much for your help. Have a great day !
The roles and responsibilities of your job must be substantially matching with those of the NOC on the website it cant match word for word unless your company issues your roles that are by chance matching 100 percent with the NOC which is nearly impossible because the NOC is written to what the canadian job market expects from that role to do and not any other market
100 percent match will raise suspisions, unless you are working in Canada or with a Canadian company.
So your job roles must be close in sense to that of the NOC and substantially matching the NOC and by substantially its not a mathematical formula its just when you read it you get the sense that its mostly matching