+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding PR application

Augustine

Jul 15, 2014
Hi all,

I am in work permit with LMIA and completed two years in Vancouver BC, I haven't applied for PR yet, due to lack of projects there was a layoff happened at our company and I lost my job.Now I got a new job offer from a company in Montreal, Quebec and I am planning to move there.

I have few doubts regarding Quebec PR process and requesting you all to please help me with the below questions.

Q 1: if I move to Montreal, will I be able to apply for PR (through skill worker category) from there with my Two years work experience from British Colombia?

Q 2: Can I apply for PR from Quebec and select Britsih Columbia as the province? do I have to go through French proficiency Test for this?

I seek this update as I need to make some important decisions regarding my employment.
I hope you understand my concern and I would appreciate any suggestion/advice you are able to give me at this time.

Thanking you in advance for your help,

sincerely,
Augustine

APPNOV2016

Oct 7, 2016
Augustine,

Though i am not an expert but as far as my knowledge goes, pls find my comments.

You will be ale to apply for PR from Montreal too. You can either apply for federal skilled worker or quebec skilled worker category. If federal, you can select any province to settle but if QSW then ou have to settle in Quebec. For either of QSW or FSW, you dont need french proficiency. If you apply for FSW then you will get additional points for your 2 years canadian experience. I hope this helps.

Augustine

Jul 15, 2014
Hi APPNOV2016

That s Great News, Thankyou so much for sharing the info.
Sorry for my late reply.

Thanks again for the time and attention
Augustine