+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Medicals - tested syphilis positive

nhkv

Jan 8, 2018
Hi All,

Recently received ITA and started doing the followups.
During medicals I was tested positive for syphilis and the doctor suggested to take penicillin antibiotics - 3dosages each per week and after that he will write a letter regarding my treatment.
So, I am worried if this ruins my chances of getting PR.
Any recent encounters on this and what is the status.
Kindly advise.

Regards

Reactions: J@rgeCabello

nhkv

Jan 8, 2018
Hi Canuck78
Many thanks
Some relief atleast and hope
Getting treatment as of now and I hope after next week I will be getting my medical done.

kuuiuc

Feb 9, 2018
Dear All, URGENT URGENT

I have a serious issue, I got an ITA and have all documents ready but in my meds the first syphilis test (Sensitive i think) was positive. They are doing the more specific test now. I didn't know that I had it but if the second test comes positive then I surely have it. I read online and this is completely curable with a set dose of penicillin for a couple of weeks. I wanted to know whether my chances of getting ahead with my case are totally jeopardized or if I get the proper treatment and don't let my doctor send my meds ahead to cic till I get this treatment and ask the doctor to to attach proof of my treatment along with my meds. I have to upload my application by the 14th. VERY WORRIED PLEASE GIVE ME SOME EDUCATED ANSWER, THANK YOU

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear All, URGENT URGENT

I have a serious issue, I got an ITA and have all documents ready but in my meds the first syphilis test (Sensitive i think) was positive. They are doing the more specific test now. I didn't know that I had it but if the second test comes positive then I surely have it. I read online and this is completely curable with a set dose of penicillin for a couple of weeks. I wanted to know whether my chances of getting ahead with my case are totally jeopardized or if I get the proper treatment and don't let my doctor send my meds ahead to cic till I get this treatment and ask the doctor to to attach proof of my treatment along with my meds. I have to upload my application by the 14th. VERY WORRIED PLEASE GIVE ME SOME EDUCATED ANSWER, THANK YOU
As you have noted and I have already commented syphilis is very treatable when still acute. Chronic syphilis is a much bigger issue and is not easier treatable. A couple doses of antibiotics will solve the problem and hopefully you will start wearing condoms

Reactions: ThemRaiders

nhkv

Jan 8, 2018
Hello nhkv,

Even I have been tested positive for Syphilis during my medicals and then I had taken 3 doses of Pencillin. Could you please guide me on how you have handled this with regard to post ITA application submission. I am going to submit my PR application in 1 or 2 days. Kindly advise on this please.
Many Thanks.
Hi CA Dream,

I guess as long as you are treated it is fine.
After I got treated, doc has submitted the report to CIC directly.
So, after that I paid up the processing fee and all that, but was still skeptical.
Apparently I passed Medicals, but still hasn't gotten PPR yet.
Still waiting and fingers crossed.

Regards
NHK

blal

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Hi CA Dream,

I guess as long as you are treated it is fine.
After I got treated, doc has submitted the report to CIC directly.
So, after that I paid up the processing fee and all that, but was still skeptical.
Apparently I passed Medicals, but still hasn't gotten PPR yet.
Still waiting and fingers crossed.

Regards
NHK
Hi , did you get your PPR/COPR? If yes, how long did it take.

Thank you

J@rgeCabello

Dec 9, 2018
Hi All,

Recently received ITA and started doing the followups.
During medicals I was tested positive for syphilis and the doctor suggested to take penicillin antibiotics - 3dosages each per week and after that he will write a letter regarding my treatment.
So, I am worried if this ruins my chances of getting PR.
Any recent encounters on this and what is the status.
Kindly advise.

Regards
Hello friend,
I have the same problem, I was tested positive for syphilis too, tell me did you have any problem with your visa???

Vvn

Oct 13, 2018
Hi, everyone tested positive with syphilis just follow the instruction at the medical centers and submit the documents correctly. Syphillis is a completely treatable disease so don't worry. Im waiting for my PR the due date is in May 2019

Reactions: J@rgeCabello

J@rgeCabello

Dec 9, 2018
Hi, everyone tested positive with syphilis just follow the instruction at the medical centers and submit the documents correctly. Syphillis is a completely treatable disease so don't worry. Im waiting for my PR the due date is in May 2019
Ok thanks for the information, currently I’m applying for a work permit under the Atlantic Immigration pilot and in the next few weeks I will apply for my PR. Thanks a lot