+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Medicals - tested syphilis positive

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Anyone who has syphilis should seek treatment on their own as soon found out. Treatment is easy. If you have ha syphilis for a very long time and it is a chronic infection that has already created damages to your internal organs then you could be refused. I have read there are increased level of syphilis even in Canada especially in some populations. Best idea would be to prevent yourself from STIs in the first place.:)

nhkv

Jan 8, 2018
Hello friend,
I have the same problem, I was tested positive for syphilis too, tell me did you have any problem with your visa???
Hi there,

I didn't encounter any problems.
Just followed the regular procedures and I guess the doctor has submitted a letter to CIC after treatment.

I got my PR approved and here in Canada from October 2018.

Regards

Reactions: J@rgeCabello

J@rgeCabello

Dec 9, 2018
Hi All,

Recently received ITA and started doing the followups.
During medicals I was tested positive for syphilis and the doctor suggested to take penicillin antibiotics - 3dosages each per week and after that he will write a letter regarding my treatment.
So, I am worried if this ruins my chances of getting PR.
Any recent encounters on this and what is the status.
Kindly advise.

Regards
I was tested positive for syphilis and currently I’m receiving penicillin shots for 3 weeks, how about your immigration process? I’m very worried about this problem I do not have any syntoms, I do not understand how syphilis is in my body but the blood test results was positive, please tell me about your experience with your immigration process

Thanks a lot

nhkv

Jan 8, 2018
I was tested positive for syphilis and currently I’m receiving penicillin shots for 3 weeks, how about your immigration process? I’m very worried about this problem I do not have any syntoms, I do not understand how syphilis is in my body but the blood test results was positive, please tell me about your experience with your immigration process

Thanks a lot
Hi there,

well I am done with the immigration process and already in Canada.

Regards,
NK

rupinderss

Mar 27, 2019
Hi there,

well I am done with the immigration process and already in Canada.

Regards,
NK
Hi,

Just read your posts, and I had a question of my own.. I was diagnosed with secondary syphilis about 4 years ago, and I was treated for it too (antibiotics and penicillin shots both). I recently appeared for the medicals, and since the report is not given to us, there is no way to take corrective action. The doctor told me that they'll do whatever the CIC asks them too, so now I'm confused. If the tests do turn out positive, how and when will I take corrective action? I was treated way back, so I have no proof of treatment as well. What can I do about it?

nhkv

Jan 8, 2018
Hi,

Just read your posts, and I had a question of my own.. I was diagnosed with secondary syphilis about 4 years ago, and I was treated for it too (antibiotics and penicillin shots both). I recently appeared for the medicals, and since the report is not given to us, there is no way to take corrective action. The doctor told me that they'll do whatever the CIC asks them too, so now I'm confused. If the tests do turn out positive, how and when will I take corrective action? I was treated way back, so I have no proof of treatment as well. What can I do about it?
Hi there,

Syphilis, even though it is treated it will be always positive (it leaves a scar). Your current situation depends on VDRL/TPPA count - I am not sure.
If it's high, then the physician might suggest you to get another dosage of penicillin.
Wait for the reports. It's no use speculating and it's better to get another dosage. Doesn't matter.
CIC needs a proper letter from the physician, assessing your situation (was same in my case).
Hope, everything goes well.

Regards

kiranChhetri

Jul 11, 2019
Dear all,

I have been tested positive for syphilis and even took penicillin shots under physician supervision 3 months ago. I aware that once syphilis tested positive it leaves the scar in the blood report. Please advise what is my chances to get a student visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear all,

I have been tested positive for syphilis and even took penicillin shots under physician supervision 3 months ago. I aware that once syphilis tested positive it leaves the scar in the blood report. Please advise what is my chances to get a student visa?
No you shouldn’t test positive for syphilis once it has been effectively treated. STIs are easily preventable. Please protect yourself.

kiranChhetri

Jul 11, 2019
No you shouldn’t test positive for syphilis once it has been effectively treated. STIs are easily preventable. Please protect yourself.
What is the chance of getting the visa? Will this be a problem?
According to my latest report the titer has only decreased... It means it is still showing positive... What can be done further?

w1t

Jul 16, 2019
Hi, I had a positive syphilis test and it has been treated. The PR application asks have I 'had any serious disease or physical or mental disorder?'. Should I tick 'yes', or should I tick 'no' as my infection has been treated according to international standards and is curable? Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I had a positive syphilis test and it has been treated. The PR application asks have I 'had any serious disease or physical or mental disorder?'. Should I tick 'yes', or should I tick 'no' as my infection has been treated according to international standards and is curable? Thanks
Already answered.