+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Medicals - tested syphilis positive

Kalikay

Star Member
May 19, 2018
Hi CA Dream,

I guess as long as you are treated it is fine.
After I got treated, doc has submitted the report to CIC directly.
So, after that I paid up the processing fee and all that, but was still skeptical.
Apparently I passed Medicals, but still hasn't gotten PPR yet.
Still waiting and fingers crossed.

Regards
NHK

So you found out you had syphilis when you did your medicals for p.r yet you stilll managed to get your p.r because you did the treatment protocol they requested you to do? I'm asking cuz I'm a little paranoid incase this situation happenes to me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So you found out you had syphilis when you did your medicals for p.r yet you stilll managed to get your p.r because you did the treatment protocol they requested you to do? I'm asking cuz I'm a little paranoid incase this situation happenes to me.
If you think you have syphilis go and get tested and get treated ASAP irregardless of whether you are immigrating. Not sure why people are so calm when it comes to having syphilis. Take steps to prevent transmission of any STI and if you think of may have an STI get tested and treated so you don’t have longterm damage from STIs and you don’t pass it to someone else. If you get treated for syphilis you will not be refused. You would only be denied if you have a very longterm infection that has very bad consequences.

thenarvaez

May 26, 2021
Hi, I’m in the same boat. I am tested positive to Syphilis. I have some questions...

1. Did you need wait that the doctor send a email or letter for take the treatment?

because , I received my results of laboratory and I can see that I am sick (I don’t have idea of this) . I did my laboratory 1 week ago and nobody is contact me !!!
I’m feel depressed for this :(

ctcrahul

Sep 26, 2018
Hi, I’m in the same boat. I am tested positive to Syphilis. I have some questions...

1. Did you need wait that the doctor send a email or letter for take the treatment?

because , I received my results of laboratory and I can see that I am sick (I don’t have idea of this) . I did my laboratory 1 week ago and nobody is contact me !!!
I’m feel depressed for this :(
In my case doctor advised me the next steps and he asked to take vaccination. Once vaccination is done you will get certificate go back to doctor and show it. Then it will be good.

Tonhyl

Dec 17, 2021
I need help i’m driving me crazy
Can someone tell me what happens if my two blood tests are inconclusive due to syphilis I am very worried it may harm my process or I just have to receive the medicine and I can move on I am sad and desperate.

if anyone are on the same boat give some hope.
I’m inland applicant

Hedaytullah

Dec 14, 2021
I need help i’m driving me crazy
Can someone tell me what happens if my two blood tests are inconclusive due to syphilis I am very worried it may harm my process or I just have to receive the medicine and I can move on I am sad and desperate.

if anyone are on the same boat give some hope.
I’m inland applicant

Hedaytullah

Dec 14, 2021
Dear Sir

I am hedayatullah hematwall
father name mohmmd anbiya
for Afghanistan wardak Province chak district
I am currently living in Afghanistan, but the developments that have taken place in Afghanistan these
Days were a wake-up call for us, but we endured them again. A few days later, we realized that we were with the Americans for several years. We served in the US Army Corp of engineering department of the United States in Afghanistan, but now we have left home. I live in an unknown place in Kabul. I am still in of dying. In order to be able to immigrate with the family in the Canada we are sending the documents to make it acceptable to you that we did a good job with the United States in the US Army Corp engineering department.

thanks.

Eng hedaytullah hematwall

harrymcanoida

Feb 10, 2022
Hi Rahul,

just saw your message.
Well I got my PR approved and moved in October 2018.

Regards.
Hi
I need some information about the form 5965. Who fill this form for you and submitted to IME. Is it filled by authorized Physician Panel of IME or the doctor who treated you? Please update.

arnold1983

Nov 7, 2022
New Brunswick
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-10-2022
Nomination.....
04-10-2022
AOR Received.
09-12-2022
VISA ISSUED...
Montreal
Hi any info if IRCC will pass this

I DO MY BLOODTEST AND FOUND OUT THAT IT WAS REACTIVE ON THE SYPHILLIS SCREEN
BUT IN RPR IS NON REACTIVE AND IN NON TREPENOMAL TEST AS WELL ITS NON REACTIVE ONLY IN THE SCREENING TEST
AND IN THE REMARKS ITS SAYS; 'NO SEROLOGIC EVIDENCE OF PAST OR CURRENT SYPHILLIS INFECTION.SCREENING TEST IS MOST LIKELY FALSELY REACTIVE.IN THE SETTING OF RECENT EXPOSURE OF SIGNS/SYMPTONS OF PRIMARY SYPHILLIS,REPEAT TESTING IN 2 TO 4 WEEKS.

AFTER TWO WEEKS I DO REPEAT TESTING AGAIN AND THE RESULTS IS STILL THE SAME.
THE PHYSICIAN FORWARD THE RESULTS THEN TO IRCC AFTER 3 DAYS IRCC ASKS AGAIN FOR ANOTHER TEST WHICH I DONE AFTER 31 DAYS SINCE THE FIRST DAY I DO MY MEDICAL AND IT TURNS OUT THE RESULTS IS STILL THE SAME.
IS THIS AN ISSUE FOR THE IRCC?IS IT FALSELY THE SCREENING TEST IS NON REACTIVE AS THE PHYSICIAN TOLD ME SINCE I HAVE NO SIGNS OF SYPHILLIS AT ALL AND I HAVE NO SEXUAL CONTACT FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS ALREADY SINCE IM AWAY FROM FAMILY OVERSEAS.

OCT 14,2022 FIRST MEDICAL
OCT 28 2022 REPEAT TEST
NOV 15 2022 IRCC ASK FOR REPEAT TEST
ALL THE TEST IS THE RESULT IS THE SAME BOTH NON TREPENOMAL TEST AND RPR TEST NON REACTIVE ONLY THE SCREENING TEST IS REACTIVE
NEED YOUR INSIGHTS

arnold1983

Nov 7, 2022
New Brunswick
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-10-2022
Nomination.....
04-10-2022
AOR Received.
09-12-2022
VISA ISSUED...
Montreal
Hi any info if IRCC will pass this

I DO MY BLOODTEST AND FOUND OUT THAT IT WAS REACTIVE ON THE SYPHILLIS SCREEN
BUT IN RPR IS NON REACTIVE AND IN NON TREPENOMAL TEST AS WELL ITS NON REACTIVE ONLY IN THE SCREENING TEST
AND IN THE REMARKS ITS SAYS; 'NO SEROLOGIC EVIDENCE OF PAST OR CURRENT SYPHILLIS INFECTION.SCREENING TEST IS MOST LIKELY FALSELY REACTIVE.IN THE SETTING OF RECENT EXPOSURE OF SIGNS/SYMPTONS OF PRIMARY SYPHILLIS,REPEAT TESTING IN 2 TO 4 WEEKS.

AFTER TWO WEEKS I DO REPEAT TESTING AGAIN AND THE RESULTS IS STILL THE SAME.
THE PHYSICIAN FORWARD THE RESULTS THEN TO IRCC AFTER 3 DAYS IRCC ASKS AGAIN FOR ANOTHER TEST WHICH I DONE AFTER 31 DAYS SINCE THE FIRST DAY I DO MY MEDICAL AND IT TURNS OUT THE RESULTS IS STILL THE SAME.
IS THIS AN ISSUE FOR THE IRCC?IS IT FALSELY THE SCREENING TEST IS NON REACTIVE AS THE PHYSICIAN TOLD ME SINCE I HAVE NO SIGNS OF SYPHILLIS AT ALL AND I HAVE NO SEXUAL CONTACT FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS ALREADY SINCE IM AWAY FROM FAMILY OVERSEAS.

OCT 14,2022 FIRST MEDICAL
OCT 28 2022 REPEAT TEST
NOV 15 2022 IRCC ASK FOR REPEAT TEST
ALL THE TEST IS THE RESULT IS THE SAME BOTH NON TREPENOMAL TEST AND RPR TEST NON REACTIVE ONLY THE SCREENING TEST IS REACTIVE
NEED YOUR INSIGHTS
MEDICAL PASS ALREADY
AOR/MEDICAL PASS -DEC 09 2022

Reactions: iamwrangler

iamwrangler

Dec 14, 2022
MEDICAL PASS ALREADY
AOR/MEDICAL PASS -DEC 09 2022

Hi arnold193

I'm an international student planning to apply for canada student permit visa , I have appeared for canada visa medical test in november and tested positive syphilis. As my panel physician have suggested, I have undergone the treatment and got 3 doses of pennicilin injection and submitted the treatment proofs to IRCC. after a week I got a mail from High commission medical officer asking for further medical tests for hepatitis B and C. both the results are NEGATIVE.

Then my panel physician submitted the all the test reports and treatment proofs to IRCC. it's been more than one week I have got no updates from IRCC medical officer.

I'm going to apply for student visa in a week. I'm really worried and confused about whether will my visa get approved or rejected.

DO I HAVE A CHANCE? WILL MY VISA GETS APPROVED?

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS ?? PLEASE REPLY HERE OR FEEL FREE TO MAIL ME PERSONALLY. IF ANYONE OF YOU HAVE FACED SIMILAR ISSUES. IT WOULD BE VERY KIND OF YOU, PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS

my mail ID : iamwrangler1234@gmail.com

Last edited:

AIP2022NB

Dec 9, 2022
Hi arnold193

I'm an international student planning to apply to apply for canada student permit visa , I have appeared for canada visa medical test in november and tested positive syphilis. As my panel physician I have undergone the treatment and got 3 doses of pennicilin injection and submitted the treatment proofs to IRCC. after a week I got a mail from High commission medical officer asking for further medical tests for hepatitis B and C. both the results are NEGATIVE.

Then my panel physician submitted the all the test reports and treatment proofs to IRCC. it's been more than one week I have got no updates from IRCC medical officer.

I'm going to apply for student visa in a week. I'm really worried and confused about whether will my visa get approved or rejected.

DO I HAVE A CHANCE? WILL MY VISA GETS APPROVED?

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS ?? PLEASE REPLT HERE OR FEEL FREE TO MAIL ME PERSONALLY IF ANYONE OF YOU HAVE FACED SIMILAR ISSUES. IT WOULD BE VERY KIND OF YOU. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS

my mail ID : iamwrangler1234@gmail.com
I guess your good to go then,IRCC has backlog of medical then,so nothing to worry.All the best for you application

Reactions: iamwrangler

iamwrangler

Dec 14, 2022
I guess your good to go then,IRCC has backlog of medical then,so nothing to worry. All the best for you application

Hi,

Thank you very much for the quick response and wishes, Means a lot. I have not been able to talk about all that i'm going through to anyone. This platform is such a blessing.

Another major DOUBT is, while submitting my visa application,

Should I mention about my medical test and syphilis treatment in my Statement of purpose (SOP) or like attach treatment reports or just attaching that e-medical information sheet which we get after medical is sufficient enough ? Anyways they can track my medical records through the information given in e-medical information sheet.

I'm not sure if they would want me to mention about all of this in my personal SOP, as i've seen other thread related to syphilis where someone mentioned to attach letter of explanation. could you please tell me

Also what do you mean by "IRCC has backlog of medical"

ragnarok

Feb 3, 2023
Hi,

Thank you very much for the quick response and wishes, Means a lot. I have not been able to talk about all that i'm going through to anyone. This platform is such a blessing.

Another major DOUBT is, while submitting my visa application,

Should I mention about my medical test and syphilis treatment in my Statement of purpose (SOP) or like attach treatment reports or just attaching that e-medical information sheet which we get after medical is sufficient enough ? Anyways they can track my medical records through the information given in e-medical information sheet.

I'm not sure if they would want me to mention about all of this in my personal SOP, as i've seen other thread related to syphilis where someone mentioned to attach letter of explanation. could you please tell me

Also what do you mean by "IRCC has backlog of medical"
Hi what is your current status.
I am preparing for a student visa for September 23 intake. I already got my treatment for syphilis a year ago. So while going for my medical test should I carry that along?