+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

regarding children

Gekko

Aug 15, 2016
Hi,

I am trying to sponsor my wife from inside Canada, She has a boy that is not in Canada tho, can I still include her children since herself lives here in Canada with me ?
I looked everywhere on the CIC site and all it says is that she herself has to be in Canada, nothing about her dependent.

Also they are asking for custody papers for her children from a previous relationship, but she has no such thing since she wasnt married.
The boy always lived with her and barely had any contact with the father.
What kind of papers would she need from the father of her boy as proof of custody ?

Thanks for your hep.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Can I inquire as to which country she is from? I'm also curious what their birth certificates say.

I'm in a similar position. My daughter's father is unknown, and the birth certificate lists no father at all. This is proof enough of sole custody in the U.S. for the purposes of me getting a passport, as well as for crossing the border into Canada. I'm concerned this will somehow become an issue when I send my application in.

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
danawhitaker said:
Can I inquire as to which country she is from? I'm also curious what their birth certificates say.

I'm in a similar position. My daughter's father is unknown, and the birth certificate lists no father at all. This is proof enough of sole custody in the U.S. for the purposes of me getting a passport, as well as for crossing the border into Canada. I'm concerned this will somehow become an issue when I send my application in.
Wow! if a birth certificate without the name of the father can be proof of sole custody then i don't see why CIC can be rigid. To me if a child is 2yrs and above and the so called biological father has never been in the picture, then for heaven's sake.....the man does not want to be part of the child's life. Trying to look for the guy especially after rejection can be so heartbreaking.

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
Gekko said:
Hi,

I am trying to sponsor my wife from inside Canada, She has a boy that is not in Canada tho, can I still include her children since herself lives here in Canada with me ?
I looked everywhere on the CIC site and all it says is that she herself has to be in Canada, nothing about her dependent.

Also they are asking for custody papers for her children from a previous relationship, but she has no such thing since she wasnt married.
The boy always lived with her and barely had any contact with the father.
What kind of papers would she need from the father of her boy as proof of custody ?

Thanks for your hep.
As Danawhitaker has inquired.....the birth certificate? Or could the guy be traced to give consent that the boy can move to Canada in case his name was included on the birth certificate?

All i think CIC does is to try and keep safe and smart, not to ever be involved in a child abduction claim. I think the officer at CIC would want to be convinced and of coz this well documented that the guy.... "the boy's father" will never turn up at the embassy several years later accusing the Canadian embassy of colluding with the mother to have the son leave the parent country.

Just thinking.....
Otherwise i wish you all the best and i hope you can be able to share the outcome someday.